PDA

View Full Version : Question about TRT

RussianBot
02-24-2018, 09:12 PM
I just pinned my first ever 200 mg of Test C and 250 iu of HCG. I am prescribed that once per week. I am 44 and healthy. I went to the TRT doctor for 2 reasons: low libido and difficulty making further progress with my physique. It is also worth mentioning that, last September I was FAT. I began the Keto diet, signed back up at the gym, and have since lost 40 lbs.

My blood work: Total T = 890 ng/dl BUT my Free T was low at 3.05 ng/dl, so I was put on TRT.

My question is: Since TRT shuts down my natural testosterone production, and my total T was at the high side of "normal", is 200 mg a week enough??

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Almanks
02-24-2018, 09:23 PM
200mg/week of Cypionate is more than most people get for a weekly TRT dose. That will likely take your numbers above the normal range. Obviously, everybody's body is different, and will utilize the dosage a little differently, but it's safe to say that 1ml/week is more than enough.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Cowboymike
02-24-2018, 09:38 PM
I can’t believe the doc gave you trt with such a high result... is he a friend? Lol

What was your estrogen result?

Cowboymike
02-24-2018, 09:41 PM
And split your dose in half to do two different days... I do mine Monday evening/Friday morning..

RussianBot
02-24-2018, 09:42 PM
I can’t believe the doc gave you trt with such a high result... is he a friend? Lol

What was your estrogen result?Around 15 pg/ml

RussianBot
02-24-2018, 09:46 PM
I guess what I am getting at is this: I want to put on some muscle mass and trim up in a few trouble spots. Will this dosage help with that? Or should I "bump it up" some for a few weeks?

Cowboymike
02-24-2018, 09:57 PM
If this is your first time with AAS then I’d highly recommend sticking to the dose, splitting it into two days, get your bloodwork done again in 6 weeks to see where you’re at... this gives you a chance to see how your body will respond, if any sides pop up and what levels that dose gets you to...

If you’re going to stick to trt, then you’re basically taking over what your body is doing naturally. And quite well at your age. Shutting it down would not be my recommendation, in all honesty...

Sounds like a beginner cycle with proper pct would be the way to go...

Almanks
02-24-2018, 10:38 PM
Personally, I wouldn't take any TRT at all, if I was sitting at 890. 916 is top end of "normal" my doc tries to keep me between 600-800. Without my script, I'm lucky to break 120-130. If you're just looking to address a few "problem spots", then I'd consider something that doesn't mess with your hormones, which seem to be pretty stable at the moment.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

RussianBot
02-24-2018, 10:48 PM
If this is your first time with AAS then I’d highly recommend sticking to the dose, splitting it into two days, get your bloodwork done again in 6 weeks to see where you’re at... this gives you a chance to see how your body will respond, if any sides pop up and what levels that dose gets you to...

If you’re going to stick to trt, then you’re basically taking over what your body is doing naturally. And quite well at your age. Shutting it down would not be my recommendation, in all honesty...

Sounds like a beginner cycle with proper pct would be the way to go...So, could my current dosage be considered a beginner cycle?

Also, isn't free testosterone important? Mine was below normal.

Cowboymike
02-24-2018, 11:22 PM
The testosterone we make is bound to 2 proteins; sex-hormone binding globulin (SHBG) and albumin. 98% of testosterone is bound to these 2 proteins. The remaining 2% or so is called the free testosterone. It is the free testosterone that actually enters the cell, hooks up a testosterone receptor and then turns that cell on to do what that cell has been programmed to do when stimulated by testosterone. Muscle cell will build muscle, a bone cell will build bone, etc.

There are 2 ways to increase your free testosterone. The most obvious is to increase total testosterone and the other way to raise the free testosterone is by reducing the amount of testosterone bound to SHBG...

I would go with the docs orders, just to test the waters. Get that bloodwork done to see where you’re at after 6 weeks... keep dialing your diet in, in the meantime...

I would suggest also in the meantime to fully research within this forum about how to run a proper cycle... as it will be important to understand what is what and what to expect, what to do if sides happen etc... how long to go, how long off, pct etc....

The bloodwork will tell the tale though... when you get the bloodwork pulled is significant to results as well... fasted or not, time of day, 48 hours after last injection etc..

RussianBot
02-24-2018, 11:37 PM
The testosterone we make is bound to 2 proteins; sex-hormone binding globulin (SHBG) and albumin. 98% of testosterone is bound to these 2 proteins. The remaining 2% or so is called the free testosterone. It is the free testosterone that actually enters the cell, hooks up a testosterone receptor and then turns that cell on to do what that cell has been programmed to do when stimulated by testosterone. Muscle cell will build muscle, a bone cell will build bone, etc.

There are 2 ways to increase your free testosterone. The most obvious is to increase total testosterone and the other way to raise the free testosterone is by reducing the amount of testosterone bound to SHBG...

I would go with the docs orders, just to test the waters. Get that bloodwork done to see where you’re at after 6 weeks... keep dialing your diet in, in the meantime...

I would suggest also in the meantime to fully research within this forum about how to run a proper cycle... as it will be important to understand what is what and what to expect, what to do if sides happen etc... how long to go, how long off, pct etc....

The bloodwork will tell the tale though... when you get the bloodwork pulled is significant to results as well... fasted or not, time of day, 48 hours after last injection etc..What led me first to another similar forum and ultimately here was, I was researching / entertaining a cycle. Here is my initial plan:

- Week 1 to 12: Testosterone enanthate @ 250 mg every 3.5 days (500mg/week total)

- Week 1 to 12: hCG @ 250 iu every 3.5 days (500 iu/week total)

- Week 1 to 14: Arimidex @ 0.25mg every other day (From day 2 up until PCT starts)

- PCT:

Clomid @ 75/50/50/50 & Nolvadex @ 40/20/20/20

I knew my wife would be more likely to accept the whole thing if there was a doctor involved. I was was apprehensive about obtaining the above items so, I thought I would go to one of the local "anti aging" clinics and see what might happen. I did, the cost was stupid as was the "therapy" they recommended. Then, I found my current doc.

Now I am here. I do know that, over the past couple of years, my sex drive has plummeted. My wife is 8 years younger than me and sexy as hell. No reason I shouldn't still be chasing her around. Also, in the past, I responded to exercise / weight lifting FAR better than I do now.

TLDR:

Was looking into steroids, scared to order online, scared of what the wifey would think, wound up on TRT.

Cowboymike
02-24-2018, 11:58 PM
Looks like a good plan... I can’t speak on the hcg though.. for that I’d refer you over to the general discussions to inquire about. My experience there is nothing I’m comfortable trying to offer up my two cents on... but I’d definitely inquire about it. I believe I’ve seen the discussions of pushing the hcg towards the later end of cycle...

Well now that you have the trt cover, you just simply state it’s cheaper to order online than going through the clinic... ;0)

RussianBot
02-25-2018, 12:02 AM

Well now that you have the trt cover, you just simply state it’s cheaper to order online than going through the clinic... ;0)

My thoughts exactly! [emoji1305]

Phil
02-25-2018, 05:56 AM
And split your dose in half to do two different days... I do mine Monday evening/Friday morning..

LMAO I do mine on Monday morning and Thursday night. We want that High T for the weekend! ;)))