PDA

View Full Version : Crypto Newbie

FrankTheTank
02-27-2018, 04:11 PM
Anybody willing to break ths shit down for me like Sesame Street level??? How do I get this bitcoin deal rolling? I'm tired of using my friends to send bitcoin for me.

born
02-27-2018, 04:20 PM
Go to coinbase.com and create/register an account.
Then go to blockchain.info and register for a free wallet.

Use your debit card and buy bitcoins from coinbase. Once you have the coins transfer them to your bitcoin wallet you have at blockchain.info.

Purchase whatever you wish from your blockchain wallet.

This is about as simple as I can lay it out.
There are other tips and tricks for an advanced user such as crypto conversions with coinbase to save money, but for a beginner the way I stated is a good start.

kubes
02-27-2018, 04:34 PM
That’s the short good version thanks born for posting that up!

born
02-27-2018, 04:43 PM
That’s the short good version thanks born for posting that up!

Thank you, I appreciate all of the bitcoin questions you have answered for everyone here including me.

kubes
02-27-2018, 04:51 PM
Thank you, I appreciate all of the bitcoin questions you have answered for everyone here including me.

It seems so complicated at first but once you get it down it’s so easy ;)

TinyNutzzz
02-28-2018, 05:27 PM
Go to coinbase.com and create/register an account.
Then go to blockchain.info and register for a free wallet.

Use your debit card and buy bitcoins from coinbase. Once you have the coins transfer them to your bitcoin wallet you have at blockchain.info.

Purchase whatever you wish from your blockchain wallet.

This is about as simple as I can lay it out.
There are other tips and tricks for an advanced user such as crypto conversions with coinbase to save money, but for a beginner the way I stated is a good start.Good Shit Born. I've read and read about it,I've tried to set up a wallet,I've tried to buy it,and I believe i was scammed even alone my journey lol. But this right here is the perfect diagram and step by step directions for the cryptocurrency illiterate and dummies hahaha. Good looking out Bro

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

born
02-28-2018, 05:40 PM
Good Shit Born. I've read and read about it,I've tried to set up a wallet,I've tried to buy it,and I believe i was scammed even alone my journey lol. But this right here is the perfect diagram and step by step directions for the cryptocurrency illiterate and dummies hahaha. Good looking out Bro

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks, the steps are simple but it is kinda invasive and irritating setting up coinbase. Id is required with coinbase which is one of the many reasons to set up blockchain. It also helps to stay anonymous to set up blockchain using a n email like protonmail that you aren't attached to.

Marine
03-01-2018, 10:40 PM
Thanks for posting this. Helped me alot

sumguy
03-01-2018, 11:15 PM
Can I use Coinbase to buy Bitcoins and send them to my Electrum wallet I just set up yesterday?

kubes
03-02-2018, 01:19 PM
Can I use Coinbase to buy Bitcoins and send them to my Electrum wallet I just set up yesterday?

Yes

Zeus-Sr
03-02-2018, 01:21 PM
Is athena a legitimate bitcoin kiosk

kubes
03-02-2018, 01:29 PM
I just did s fast google search and yeah in us and Mexico. I never paid attention to the name before

sumguy
03-02-2018, 05:57 PM
Thanks, the steps are simple but it is kinda invasive and irritating setting up coinbase. Id is required with coinbase which is one of the many reasons to set up blockchain. It also helps to stay anonymous to set up blockchain using a n email like protonmail that you aren't attached to.

R. Is Block chain a wallet? I presume you can't buy Bitcoins anomously, correct?

FrankTheTank
03-04-2018, 02:41 PM
R. Is Block chain a wallet? I presume you can't buy Bitcoins anomously, correct?

From how i understand it, you buy the bitcoin from your bank account or wbatever so that is tied to you but having a separate wallet is how you distant yourself from the bitcoin you send. I'm still learning so I could be completely wrong....lol

born
03-04-2018, 04:33 PM
From how i understand it, you buy the bitcoin from your bank account or wbatever so that is tied to you but having a separate wallet is how you distant yourself from the bitcoin you send. I'm still learning so I could be completely wrong....lol

Yes blockchain is a wallet. Buying bitcoins cash in person is the best bet. The term "anonymous" and bitcoin os only achievable by those willing to do things 100x harder than setting up a bitcoin account.

I will put it this way: With coinbase and purchasing bitcoins with a debit card, then switching to blockchain, you won't have a giant billboard over your head saying "come get me".

They have better things to do than take down a guy over 100ml of stuff he bought through blockchain.

kubes
03-04-2018, 04:54 PM
Right and you never use coinbase to pay. Always send from coinbase to blockchain then pay from blockchain