PDA

View Full Version : Workout for 16 year old

Patriot1405
01-18-2012, 05:46 PM
So my son finally decides he wants to start working out and build muscle in time for summer. ( I think someone hit on his girlfriend) any ideas on a program for him? Last year I had him doing mostly compound lifts to encourage growth, but he got bored an stopped. Wasn't enough bicep isolation moves he said!!! Lol... Boy do we love that muscle! So I'm trying to devise a program that will let him add muscle, while keeping him interested. Anyone with kids knows that dilemma. Any suggestions??

tilltheend
01-18-2012, 06:18 PM
Get him on an intense cardio regimine. Get him BCAA's, a multivitamin, fish oil and some whey protein to just start if he is not taking those already. I would introduce him into healthy natural supplements like those. Make him do something intense for cardio, like jump rope works your arms, and your chest and stomach and obliques and traps and forearms, get him to do that and then workout. He could do those to warm him body up and start the break down of muscle fiber and try to raise his hormone levels and help him zone in, and then workout and he would really be able to find those spots on his body he is trying to reach while lifting. If he starts doing this he might want to start lifting lighter at first so this can be achieved with out him being totally worn out and feeling like it was too much discouraging him. I would also talk to him about girls also, and let him know stuff happens I know your not asking for that advice, I am sure you already have that covered, so he isn't working out and burning up a bunch of energy and wasting days, when they could of been better. If you kept him on that program you had him on, and tweaked it for more or less lighter lifting, and added in some isolation exercises along with those compound exercises, and do the intense cardio, I am sure he will notice a difference and really work his body out hard. It would raise all his hormones it would make him look better overall, along with those supplements I mentioned.

Reaper
01-18-2012, 06:30 PM
We use a program called Bigger ,Faster, Stronger for the local High school and college kids. Google it. There is a website devoted to the program. We are also big on promoting drug free sports as well for kids. There is no need for kids to be using Steroids in their younger years. Just eat alot and workout. They will grow like a weed.

gym66
01-18-2012, 06:58 PM
my biggest problem at that age was aver training, poor nutrition, lack of technique, and lack of rest. keep those in check and he will be gtg.

Patriot1405
01-19-2012, 08:13 AM
Thx for the responses guys! Gonna start him off slow, three day a week program compound and isolation moves and some cardio. Vitamins, fish oil and protein I have in abundance. Encourage him as much as possible and maybe go on some runs with him, give us a chance to talk. Thanks again everyone!!!