PDA

View Full Version : Mid 40s Fatigue

skoalman
03-01-2018, 12:10 AM
I'm in my mid 40s and getting fatigued from training so I have gone to working out every other day. This is helping with my midday fatigue but I wish I could go to the gym everyday. Maybe I should workout after work. Anyone else in their 40s going through this? Other than drinking energy drinks has anyone found a way around this? Thanks!

docgreen77
03-01-2018, 12:14 AM
I’m 47. I had to workout in the mornings just so I’d get a workout in. But that made me even more tired in the afternoon. So I do my lifting around 3-5pm. It’s helped. Every now and then, when I get conditioned, I’ll add a morning workout. It’s short though. Like maybe 20-30 mins cardio or some circuit training. Then in the afternoons, I’ll lift heavy in my normal routines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radman69
03-01-2018, 10:15 AM
Im only 36 and i feel this way... I pretty much what Docgreen does. I have a very laborious job that just drains me and the mornings are so hectic getting two girls ready for school and myself ready to work there is absolutely no chance to do anything more than a 20min cardio session and thats IF i wake up EXTRA early...

Fancycat69
03-01-2018, 10:47 AM
I’m not that old, but I’ve found that activity in general helps me stay awake and energetic. I feel the most tired when I am sitting around. Try stretching or walking after you have a meal. That has helped me big time. There will be times where I feel like absolute shit after lunch, then I take a quick 10 min walk outside and feel totally recharged

jnab
03-01-2018, 11:09 AM
I'm in my mid 40s and getting fatigued from training so I have gone to working out every other day. This is helping with my midday fatigue but I wish I could go to the gym everyday. Maybe I should workout after work. Anyone else in their 40s going through this? Other than drinking energy drinks has anyone found a way around this? Thanks!

Are you on aas ? At 47 natty you are not supposed to be fit enough to work out every day. Ever for younger blokes most programs are in the 3 to 5 days a week range. It remains to be seen if training more leads to better results when your body can't recover.
Anyway when feeling fatigue (in tennis, where when i had no injury i practiced 5-7 times a week -ime not the best idea over 40- that would look like starting to sweat profusely when just starting the session, and feeling exhausted after a few bounces - since back to the gym I've stuck to 4 workouts a week, so never felt completely destroyed although deload weeks seem to do good) lowering the regimen is usually advised.

Agree with Fancycat though, doing nothing doesn't help one feeling energetic. My work revolves in front of the computer, it's easy to feel a lack of energy if one don't put some physical efforts.

jnab
03-01-2018, 11:29 AM
Wondering whether aas would help enough so you are supposed to train everyday without feeling fatigued/overtrained

Electromass
03-01-2018, 11:35 AM
Ive got one word for you bro....KRATOM!! The white vein Borneo is the shot man. I can go from feeling tired and fatigued to feeling like I was 30 again in about 20 minutes.

docgreen77
03-01-2018, 12:41 PM
I have never even heard of Kratom until I came here to BOP. I just recently started researching it. I might have to place me an order but I have insomnia (not trensomnia). So I’d like to try some that would relax me. But there are times when I’m rested but fatigued. So I might just have to get me a sample pack form somewhere.

skoalman
03-03-2018, 03:28 AM
I am starting week 5 of my cycle. I forgot to add this is a cutting cycle as well; however, I have the same condition when not dieting or off cycle.
It's good know I'm not the only one that gets tired during the day so thanks all for replying. I'm going to try this Krantom stuff too.

The Skrybe
03-03-2018, 04:25 AM
Ever try injecting b12 for sustained energy? Or talk to your doctor about the insomnia?

balin
03-07-2018, 06:33 AM
Late 50's here. As you get older it takes longer to recover. Didn't start hitting me till my 50's. More rest. A midday nap helps a lot. A few less sets, watch the diet a little better then less aerobics may be needed etc.

Zeus-Sr
03-07-2018, 01:28 PM
You are at the age where your test level could be dropping. Have you had your hormone levels checked.

RussianBot
03-07-2018, 01:59 PM
44 year old checking in here. I am not, nor have I ever been, the type to get up early and work out. I love sleep too much for that. I go to the gym every other day religiously and that is good enough for me. I recently started my very first cycle ever: Test C 250mg and HCG 250iu every 3.5 days. Already seeing/feeling results. There are days when I get home from work and could easily just lay down and take a nap, instead I have a cup of coffee, some pre-workout and the wife and I head to the gym. I NEVER regret it once I am there and feel great when we leave. My job entails a lot of sitting, either in front of a computer or driving and it can really drag me down. Stretching, walking around, or even doing a few push-ups in my office always helps. Also, on the days that we don't go to the gym, if it isn't raining or freezing, I do light cardio in the form of a 3.5 mile fast walk. I have 4 dogs so it is beneficial for me and them. In summary, push past that barrier, it can be done, and it feels good.

Zeus-Sr
03-07-2018, 02:53 PM
It could be because of a number of reasons - sleep patterns, diet (carb timing), workout recoup time/regimen, hormone levels etc. if it was me I would get a full blood panel done - non hormonal (CMP/CBC) and hormonal (total/free test, estrogen, LH, GG/IGF) before I did anything just to rule out things - just not getting enough REM sleep can throw your whole system off.

Boxsquatter
03-07-2018, 03:18 PM
I am 42... I use to train in the morning 5-530am would be my start time. I made me very energetic through the day. Yes I did have a mid day crash but I found a cup of coffee helped. Now I train in the evening. Between 430/699. I am a little dragged but I have a pre workout as I have done even when training I. The morning. Anyway if you use as I would highly suggest getting and staying on test all year long.. when cruising I would use 100-200mg a week.. I have recently started training every other day... I use 4 days. One on one off and just keep it going so one week my week starts on sun one week it starts sat. It works better and I am fresher and look forward to getting their...

AngieNY
03-07-2018, 03:41 PM
My last job, before I had this one lol I was behind a desk ALL DAY and it was draining af. Coffee, preworkout mid day, didnt work... one day a coworker was leaving work early and tossed his orange to me. I ate it around 2pm and was energized for the rest of the day. I thought it was just a coincidence, but the next day I did the same thing and the day after that. Maybe its just me? Give a nice juicy orange a try?

skoalman
03-10-2018, 03:53 AM
Thanks All for your input. I'll try some of these suggestions and report back.

macedog24
03-19-2018, 07:31 PM
Ive got one word for you bro....KRATOM!! The white vein Borneo is the shot man. I can go from feeling tired and fatigued to feeling like I was 30 again in about 20 minutes.Yes kratom is amazing. There are diff strains. Some for night some for day. Some for energy(use as a preworkout) lactic acid doesnt stand a chance..
Others for relaxing. All for pain .
I actually know a lot about this subject.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Electromass
03-19-2018, 07:33 PM
Yes kratom is amazing. There are diff strains. Some for night some for day. Some for energy(use as a preworkout) lactic acid doesnt stand a chance..
Others for relaxing. All for pain .
I actually know a lot about this subject.

Sent from my LG-H910 using TapatalkLove it bro, no sides and you just taper off like it was nothing.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

macedog24
03-19-2018, 07:36 PM
Love it bro, no sides and you just taper off like it was nothing.

Sent from my XT1080 using TapatalkYes i never go over 6gr. The mental clarity and focus are incredible.

Electromass
03-19-2018, 07:39 PM
Yes i never go over 6gr. The mental clarity and focus are incredible.

Sent from my LG-H910 using TapatalkThat's where I'm riding... about 5-6 g.
I'm amazed at how so few people don't even know about Kratom. I gave 5 g to a gym buddy. He's going to use it today.

macedog24
03-19-2018, 07:48 PM
That's where I'm riding... about 5-6 g.
I'm amazed at how so few people don't even know about Kratom. I gave 5 g to a gym buddy. He's going to use it today.

Sent from my XT1080 using TapatalkDid u tell him on an empty stomach...
I first started low about 3gr...

Yes it still surprises me more people are unaware of kratom and the benefits it can provide.

Electromass
03-19-2018, 08:02 PM
Did u tell him on an empty stomach...
I first started low about 3gr...

Yes it still surprises me more people are unaware of kratom and the benefits it can provide.

Sent from my LG-H910 using TapatalkI forgot to mention that to him...
I use red vein sometimes before bed.
It does relax me and take away my pain...but I find I don't sleep as deeply on it.

macedog24
03-19-2018, 08:26 PM
I forgot to mention that to him...
I use red vein sometimes before bed.
It does relax me and take away my pain...but I find I don't sleep as deeply on it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk20x green rock brick resin. Really mellows me out and helps me wind down. I put it in some water microwave for 1-2minutes
And stir occasionally. Add a little honey. And some lemon juice.. Taste is pretty good.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180319/8e036cc5fba25683672af1f8f2ebfbfd.jpg

macedog24
03-19-2018, 08:33 PM
Electromass you ever try the green brick resin or red brick.