PDA

View Full Version : Injured shoulder....flexing?!

StateSide
03-08-2018, 01:48 PM
Who the HELL pops a shoulder flexing?!

I'm in the office, 6:30 am with the in-house "tank". Of course he has his shirt off flexing it up, becuase it's Friday and that's what you do on Friday at 6:30 am. Anyway, I'm feeling strong in a real tiny kinda way so i take it off and hit a most muscular.

Here's the thing. At 37 years old I guess I should warm up before i go to flexing pre-coffee becuase I damn sure hear a pop and now i have a small knot (nothing painful) in my left shoulder. AND, ole boy at the office is STILL twice my size.

Way to go guy, way to go.

joko123
03-08-2018, 02:52 PM
Sami Sosa cracked a rib sneezing it happens to the best of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StateSide
03-08-2018, 03:44 PM
Sami Sosa cracked a rib sneezing it happens to the best of them

I am no Sami Sosa hehe.

joko123
03-08-2018, 03:46 PM
It happens lol the amount of times I’ve got a Charlie horse or pulled during sex I couldn’t even tell you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StateSide
03-08-2018, 10:35 PM
It happens lol the amount of times I’ve got a Charlie horse or pulled during sex I couldn’t even tell you

Look I don't know you...no idea who you are....but i CAN say this. If you are getting charlie horsed up during sex man you are DEFINITELY doing it right! Ahahaha!

roycehellion
06-27-2018, 04:02 PM
I'm not surprised, especially if you just go to full tension instantly. You are likely bigger than I, so that can be like a rubber band recoiling and cause issues. Tiger balm and rest for a few days is all I know to do for that. If it persists, see a doc.

Sucks man, sorry to hear that. :/

StateSide
06-27-2018, 08:27 PM
I'm not surprised, especially if you just go to full tension instantly. You are likely bigger than I, so that can be like a rubber band recoiling and cause issues. Tiger balm and rest for a few days is all I know to do for that. If it persists, see a doc.

Sucks man, sorry to hear that. :/

It persisted haha....since March!! Still have my little lump.

Oh well such is life. That shoulder is a ticking time bomb anyway.

Congrats on your day away from the drink man. I’m one of those 12 steppers so I know the feeling of the fear of being dry. BUT, substitution is awesome! Now the program will tell you to substitute with spirituality....whatever that looks like for you.

ME I substituted with physical pursuits. Climbing, lifting, whatever.

Wish you all the best.

mike312
06-27-2018, 08:52 PM
Stateside... Get that shoulder checked brother!... I twinged my shoulder doing incline press and thought nothing of it... Trained with little pain and discomfort for 8 months and then putting a shirt on completely blew my rotator cuff and labrum... Took a year to get back to normal... Shoulders are the worst to injure and take forever to heal...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mike312
06-27-2018, 09:59 PM
Stop lifting those Halos bro...lmfao.....jk

StateSide
06-27-2018, 10:02 PM
Stateside... Get that shoulder checked brother!... I twinge my shoulder doing incline press and thought nothing of it... Trained with little pain and discomfort for 8 months and then putting a shirt on completely blew my rotator cuff and labrum... Took a year to get back to normal... Shoulders are the worst to injure and take forever to heal...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’m fully self diagnosing here but the backstory is I have an AC joint injury from way back. Apparently is pretty common in lifting and contact sports....like a sort of permanent swelling in the joint. That one I had MRIs done on.

This one, man I shit you not i was just flexing and I tore the muscle a bit I think. It sits on the top of the medial delt, very superficial and easy to see so I’m not so worried. Just gotta be real cool about keeping perfect form....which I kinda suck at hehe.

No man, if it were deep or and kind of shooting pain I would be at the doc ASAP. Though in the climbing community SLAP tears are really common and people go for a lonnnng time without really knowing they have em. Scary, very similar to what you described.

StateSide
06-27-2018, 10:02 PM
Stop lifting those Halos bro...lmfao.....jk

Fkn hate you man[emoji23]

roycehellion
06-28-2018, 12:02 AM
Damn! Since March, guess I should have looked at the date. Thanks for the encouragement, my dad is a 12 stepper and he's been dry for about 15 years. Only real fear of it is being home bored with my family. I feel like I could do better on my own, but I can't run out on 'em. Good lifts and staying sore are such a help, this board too.

StateSide
06-28-2018, 12:45 AM
Damn! Since March, guess I should have looked at the date. Thanks for the encouragement, my dad is a 12 stepper and he's been dry for about 15 years. Only real fear of it is being home bored with my family. I feel like I could do better on my own, but I can't run out on 'em. Good lifts and staying sore are such a help, this board too.

Oh my brother....please consider your family. Is that your child in your avatar?

There is so much out there when we aren’t slaves to chemicals anymore. Find your replacement, whatever it is.

The real struggle comes after finding out there is a difference in being someone who isn’t using or drinking, and a person that has found real recovery from addiction. I think this is where alcoholics and narcotics anonymous really shine.

A real asshole told me when I first got clean....son, you never have to use again. Problem is, drugs were never your problem. Took me a few years to really internalize that...even though I kinda got where he was coming from.

I truly wish you the very best. In everything my friend.

roycehellion
06-28-2018, 01:34 AM
Oh hell no, that's not my kid. It's some panties my wife wants. That'd be messed up.

I really came to terms with my drinking after a suicide attempt in January. Unresolved issues with an ex, settled for my wife who doesn't really satisfy my intellect or become a partner in my interest.
It's ok we are working on things and I dealt with my unresolved issues with the ex.
Started drinking less and hitting the gym naturally, it was an effort,to but felt natural. The most I drink now is 200ml of vodka once a week. I'm working on eliminating that.
Be easier if I had friends in the real world, not just buddies on a board. But that's ok. I have the weights, which pretty much satisfy me.

Im finding that difference as I drink less and less. Sleeping like a normal person is really nice again. Helps hearing support here too.

Sorry to hijack your post. I really do appreciate the encouragement. It does make a difference in my life.

StateSide
06-28-2018, 01:42 AM
Oh hell no, that's not my kid. It's some panties my wife wants. That'd be messed up.

I really came to terms with my drinking after a suicide attempt in January. Unresolved issues with an ex, settled for my wife who doesn't really satisfy my intellect or become a partner in my interest.
It's ok we are working on things and I dealt with my unresolved issues with the ex.
Started drinking less and hitting the gym naturally, it was an effort,to but felt natural. The most I drink now is 200ml of vodka once a week. I'm working on eliminating that.
Be easier if I had friends in the real world, not just buddies on a board. But that's ok. I have the weights, which pretty much satisfy me.

Im finding that difference as I drink less and less. Sleeping like a normal person is really nice again. Helps hearing support here too.

Sorry to hijack your post. I really do appreciate the encouragement. It does make a difference in my life.

Ahahaha! Oh hell man, I didn’t really look at the avatar. I thought it was maybe a little girl holding a hand or something. Jeez, yeah now I see and that would definitely be messed up.

Yo and this thread has been dead for some time now so if it serves some purpose other than me talking about what kinda idiot busts his shoulder showing off...that’s good with me.

Tough thing being so fkn close to freedom and 200ml away....which might as well be 200 miles. I get that for sure. I am glad you found some release though...in weights or whatever.

On the friend front, yeah I wish like hell the guys I know here were local to me or I was local to them. Damn shame the distance, but shit I’m lucky I know em even here. My good friends have all moved away now....but I do keep some really close relationships from guys I’ve met in recovery. Couple of em climb, nobody lifts. Damn shame that also.

Shit of this for me is I worry about AAS use at times as though maybe I gave up my clean time when I started pinning. Thankfully there are guys here with a LOT more time than me who walked me off that ledge.

Hit me up anytime brother. I damn sure can’t talk anybody out of drinking but always happy to shoot the breeze and hear what you have to say.

roycehellion
06-28-2018, 01:54 AM
That's a pretty big offer to me. I'm gonna take you up on it. I'm really determined not to get anything this weekend. It's been costing me my weekend trail runs and that's not good. But compared to how I used to drink, it's still close to the light at the end of the tunnel. Gonna have to buy myself a steak if I can skip the drink this weekend. My wife is of no support, but I know I can do it!