PDA

View Full Version : How do you train your legs on a cycle vs when you are not?

faceman
03-19-2018, 05:26 PM
I searched and could not find anything on this so I thought I would ask.
How does your training differ for your legs when you are on a AAS cycle vs when you are not? Just wanted to see how each persons approach is.

Primemuscle
03-19-2018, 05:37 PM
I searched and could not find anything on this so I thought I would ask.
How does your training differ for your legs when you are on a AAS cycle vs when you are not? Just wanted to see how each persons approach is.

It doesn’t. I think that makes no sense to change a tried and true method of training just because you’re running gear or not. The goal for me is: build as much lean muscle as possible and progressively overload my lifts (aka get stronger). Whether I’m blasting or cruising, my intensity nor my style changes. The only thing I do that has variance is I’ll periodize my rep ranges so I do not really hit a plateau as well as give my tendons and ligaments time to condition as well as catch up to where my muscles are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GurthQuake
03-19-2018, 05:53 PM
For me I need more recovery time so I switch from doing everything twice a week to doing everything just once a week so instead of doing two body parts a day For six days. I drop down to doing One body part and day for six days and or I will do two body parts a day for three days. With a day of cardio and abs in between each of those. But I will do twice as many exercises for each body part on each of those individual days since I’m only going to hit that body part the one day that week this just my personal way of doing it. And it seems to serve me well. But if you’re looking for solid and sound advice Mr. primemuscle is your man... He definitely knows his shit. I also like to throw in one leg Exercise to start off each day for the remaining five days

Primemuscle
03-19-2018, 06:07 PM
For me I need more recovery time so I switch from doing everything twice a week to doing everything just once a week so instead of doing two body parts a day For six days. I drop down to doing One body part and day for six days and or I will do two body parts a day for three days. With a day of cardio and abs in between each of those. But I will do twice as many exercises for each body part on each of those individual days since I’m only going to hit that body part the one day that week this just my personal way of doing it. And it seems to serve me well. But if you’re looking for solid and sound advice Mr. primemuscle is your man... He definitely knows his shit. I also like to throw in one leg Exercise to start off each day for the remaining five days

That’s a solid rotation as well. If I’m not doing high frequency (training body parts 2-3x week) then I actually do a 4 day split with one day rest the repeat that rotation. However like I said I never change my intensity and I’m always trying to progressively overload. Nothing wrong with changing splits or frequencies though, but I believe the same application/intensity has to be applied

faceman
03-19-2018, 07:02 PM
But if you’re looking for solid and sound advice Mr. primemuscle is your man... He definitely knows his shit.

That I would completely agree with!

faceman
03-19-2018, 07:16 PM
ya the reason i ask is i was reading on some other sites people saying they train their legs more often or put more lifts on their legs when on a cycle. I of course wanted to ask in here because I trust the brotherhood.

macedog24
03-19-2018, 07:25 PM
I train them the exact same. There might be more intensity at times or less down time between sets. But i always push legs just like any other day. Always upping the weight throughout the set and superset/dropset the last set. Lots of sets...lots of reps...a lot of blood....a lotta pump..a lot of sweat... A little stretching...The end.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

GurthQuake
03-20-2018, 01:12 AM
That’s a solid rotation as well. If I’m not doing high frequency (training body parts 2-3x week) then I actually do a 4 day split with one day rest the repeat that rotation. However like I said I never change my intensity and I’m always trying to progressively overload. Nothing wrong with changing splits or frequencies though, but I believe the same application/intensity has to be applied

Well said Prime!

GurthQuake
03-20-2018, 01:12 AM
ya the reason i ask is i was reading on some other sites people saying they train their legs more often or put more lifts on their legs when on a cycle. I of course wanted to ask in here because I trust the brotherhood.

You’re definitely in the right place

Markas61
04-18-2018, 12:55 PM
This time around I'm concentrating on bringing up areas to create more symmetry, biceps and quads. Usually nothing changes otherwise.

Herc
04-18-2018, 01:06 PM
I also train my legs the same on and off cycle. The only difference is that I can move more weight during a cycle. And I always include heavy squats all the way to the floor (till my calves hit my hamstrings).