PDA

View Full Version : Sleep - a 'How To' Thread...

NbleSavage
01-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Many of the supplements we present to our bodies have the undesirable side effect of disrupting sleeping patterns. While being far from the worst of sides which can manifest, this is obviously not an optimal situation either. My issue - just as an example - is not falling asleep but staying asleep for more than 4 hours.

What do you do to combat insomnia and poor quality sleep? Could be addtl supplements, could be a "sleep hygiene" type of ritual, anything is fair game.

Me: Couple ounces of GABA before bed, Melatonin and ZMA. The ZMA benefits carry-over into the recovery area as well. Does it work? Meh. I'd take the ZMA regardless - again for recovery - but I'd happily switch-out the GABA and Melatonin for a more effective solution to the sleeping issue.

Yours?

Cheers

- Savage

milleniumgirl
01-28-2012, 04:29 PM
I tried every possible natural supplement available but nothing works on the long run. Melatonin, Theanine, GABA, Benadryl, you name it ... I'm back to taking zopiclone now.

NbleSavage
01-28-2012, 09:06 PM
I tried every possible natural supplement available but nothing works on the long run. Melatonin, Theanine, GABA, Benadryl, you name it ... I'm back to taking zopiclone now.

Zopiclone is same as Lunesta, yes? Any success with it? Do you take every night or just when you're having problems sleeping?

Eric1237
01-28-2012, 09:46 PM
I get prescribed *****. It's a beautiful thing I must say.

NbleSavage
01-28-2012, 09:49 PM
I get prescribed *****. It's a beautiful thing I must say.

*openly hates*

:mad:

Eric1237
01-28-2012, 10:04 PM
*openly hates*

:mad:

4mg a day plus 20 extra "just in case" ;)

BIGBOSS
01-28-2012, 10:07 PM
flexerill knocks me out

NbleSavage
01-28-2012, 10:22 PM
4mg a day plus 20 extra "just in case" ;)

Killin' me, Mate!! Dayum I bet you sleep like the dead.

@BigBoss - what is this flexerill you speak of?

Eric1237
01-28-2012, 10:38 PM
Killin' me, Mate!! Dayum I bet you sleep like the dead.

@BigBoss - what is this flexerill you speak of?

As long as I'm not on tren lol. Then nothing helps. Flexeril is a prescription muscle relaxer. That shit puts me out forever. And Seroquel does too.

NbleSavage
01-28-2012, 11:08 PM
As long as I'm not on tren lol. Then nothing helps. Flexeril is a prescription muscle relaxer. That shit puts me out forever. And Seroquel does too.

Cheers, Eric. I'd not heard of flexeril before. Bullocks that its scripted - I'd go for eight hours of relaxed muscles :)

milleniumgirl
01-29-2012, 07:16 PM
Zopiclone is same as Lunesta, yes? Any success with it? Do you take every night or just when you're having problems sleeping?
The same moleule -- Lunesta isn't available here unfortunately (t's eszopiclone). I use the generic zopiclone (also called Imovane here). I take one every night or I won't sleep (I wish I had a pause button in my head but I keep tossing and turning thinking about work).

NbleSavage
01-29-2012, 07:21 PM
The same moleule -- Lunesta isn't available here unfortunately (t's eszopiclone). I use the generic zopiclone (also called Imovane here). I take one every night or I won't sleep (I wish I had a pause button in my head but I keep tossing and turning thinking about work).

For me, a brief read (I stick to fiction at this point in my day) of 30 minutes or so before bed helps me to "disconnect" from thoughts of work, training or other distractions when I'm trying to wind-down for sleep. I'm a Kindle addict & never without mine next to the bed (I don't consider it to be an 'electronic' device I suppose :).

Definitely helps me to stop mental processing so I can relax. Give it a shot perhaps?

Redis
01-29-2012, 09:39 PM
flexerill knocks me out

I just had this prescribed to me yesterday. On tren and worked like a charm!

Melatonin/valerian root combo knocks me out for a few hours. Wake up around 3am and take it again. My usual protocol for sleeping while on tren.