PDA

View Full Version : Helping my girl lose weight

sky
04-08-2018, 07:08 PM
My girl has dropped 25lbs and can not lose any more and I mean she cannot .

We have backed her intake of calories to as low as 1000 calories a day . Still no weight lose. She follows an intensive workout routine. Have changed her diet many of times but it took a year to cut 25lbs and then nothing.

We have decided to look into supplementation now as any otc products and such have had no effect.

Also have tried keto for anybody who may recommend that 6 weeks in she lost no weight.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

crazed
04-08-2018, 07:52 PM
Please give us here current diet and training to see where it's at.

GymPrincess
04-08-2018, 09:28 PM
I would say you are starving her. Calories should never go that low ever. I would recommend a reverse diet back to maintenance with a break before you look into dieting again and adding suppliments. Does she have any other goals other than losing weight? What is her height, age, weight ect as of now. Also I would take note that lowering the calories isn't always the answer and can cause more damage than good in certain situations. Has she tried hiit before?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Delta5
04-08-2018, 09:58 PM
Ive seen ketosis drop 20 lbs in 3 weeks, no exercise. Not sure if shes already tried that. Shit works. Not sure about hitting the gym real hard while doing it either, just something Ive seen and throwing out there.

Delta5
04-08-2018, 10:00 PM
And I would agree with Gym89, get her back up to maintenance then take it from there.

DeBeef
04-09-2018, 01:25 AM
Would need to know what the current diet looks like and I guess most recent change in diet you mentioned you've tried. If she's training really intensely on a highly restricted diet, if the body sees that it is being starved of required nutrients (i.e. appropriate energy for the work demands), it's going to stall out. Possible also "overtraining" which can also result in a general stall.

sky
04-09-2018, 02:48 AM
The last 2 weeks she hasn't been on a a diet as she doesn't gain or lose either way.

I would not say she is over training either as she has also backed that down just a bit to what she did when she first lost that 25lbs.

As of now she has a slightly above average training regime and a healthy diet.

5ft 1in 130lbs and 22 years old for those wondering.

crazed
04-09-2018, 10:51 AM
The last 2 weeks she hasn't been on a a diet as she doesn't gain or lose either way.

I would not say she is over training either as she has also backed that down just a bit to what she did when she first lost that 25lbs.

As of now she has a slightly above average training regime and a healthy diet.

5ft 1in 130lbs and 22 years old for those wondering.

Not much info here that is going to help us help YOU. Sounds like you just want an easy fix and answer. It doesn't work that way. Hate to be a d*ck but...

sky
04-09-2018, 10:58 AM
Not much info here that is going to help us help YOU. Sounds like you just want an easy fix and answer. It doesn't work that way. Hate to be a d*ck but...I get what your saying but here's what I'm saying I have had her try intermittent fasting, keto , carb cycling , low calorie and each one she did for 5-6 weeks .

She runs 2-3 miles every morning and has a very active day.
Workouts are about 1.5 hours long at 75 % for sets of 8-12 for 3-4 sets

Monday:back
Tuesday:legs
Wednesday:chest
Thursday:arms
Friday:back
Saturday:legs
Sunday: rest

Rest between sets 60-90 seconds

She drinks only propel water

And sleeps 6 hours a night sometimes 7 or 8.

Relic
04-09-2018, 11:46 AM
I think your girl is sneaking food without your knowledge. If you are in a caloric deficit, then you will lose weight. The 1000 kcals she is presumed to be eating would be far far too low anyway. 500 below maint with cardio and strength training.

Primodaddy
04-09-2018, 12:17 PM
My girl has dropped 25lbs and can not lose any more and I mean she cannot .

We have backed her intake of calories to as low as 1000 calories a day . Still no weight lose. She follows an intensive workout routine. Have changed her diet many of times but it took a year to cut 25lbs and then nothing.

We have decided to look into supplementation now as any otc products and such have had no effect.

Also have tried keto for anybody who may recommend that 6 weeks in she lost no weight.

Sounds like your woman is sneaking meals/snacks behind your back lol. Post up some pics of your lady and her stats so we can see what we're working with here ok :)

milleniumgirl
04-09-2018, 01:04 PM
There is nothing like fasted cardio and a clean diet to lose weight unless your girl has thyroid issues. Did she have blood work done lately?

Radman69
04-09-2018, 01:14 PM
I would say you are starving her. Calories should never go that low ever. I would recommend a reverse diet back to maintenance with a break before you look into dieting again and adding suppliments. Does she have any other goals other than losing weight? What is her height, age, weight ect as of now. Also I would take note that lowering the calories isn't always the answer and can cause more damage than good in certain situations. Has she tried hiit before?

This is gonna be your best advice here to try... reverse the calorie intake for a week or two then drop em back down
also sounds like the work load is a little extreme(thats too much cardio and weight resistance for stats imho). whats her .N.E.A.T look like? Sometimes just increasing your day to day activities can help conditioning... not so much excercising but stuff like yard work, cleaning house, working on your feet(laborious job), taking the stairs instead of elevators, parking further away from store and walking more ext ect exetera

Radman69
04-09-2018, 01:15 PM
There is nothing like fasted cardio and a clean diet to lose weight unless your girl has thyroid issues. Did she have blood work done lately?

This is a good point... hormones will fuck a woman's physique goals up way more than a man's... get bloodwork if u havent already!

Radman69
04-09-2018, 01:18 PM
Body Builder Testing | Private MD Labs (http://www.privatemdlabs.com/lp/body-builder-testing.php)

sky
04-09-2018, 01:43 PM
This is a good point... hormones will fuck a woman's physique goals up way more than a man's... get bloodwork if u havent already!Well look into this because all the weight did come on during the pregnancy and that first 25lbs was rough

GymPrincess
04-09-2018, 02:06 PM
Well look into this because all the weight did come on during the pregnancy and that first 25lbs was rough

Sent from my SM-G950U using TapatalkI agree with above too. I would never go below 500 cal maintenance with your food intake. But like i already said she needs to reverse diwt to maintenance. Do you even know her maintenance? Losing weight and keeping it off is a slow process. Your girl probably is aneaking food because @ 1000 calories doing all that she would be tired, bitchy and snappy lol. I remember when i was too low on my calories my whole family suffered. Then when you are so hungry most cannot control a binge. Once she is at maintenance I recommend starting slow. If she enjoys running, i would even start at only 100 calorie deficit on the food intake part. Then wait until a stall to take away more. If you are getting results theres no need to up cardio or lower calories for no reason. I know i lose weight on more calories compared to being too low. Anyways add some pics those always help.

Radman69
04-09-2018, 03:16 PM
Well look into this because all the weight did come on during the pregnancy and that first 25lbs was rough

dunno the science for it... But a little personal story...
i was married years ago to this tiny little cuban chick i met in high school, just for a reference she was about 5'3" 105lbs tops! She was always in really fuckin good shape from playing softball her whole childhood! I mean fuckin tight buddy! well, we also had two daughters and she dropped the weight but never really got that tight conditioning back... i dunno if it has to do with stretched skin from pregnancy or hormone changes... but, shit really changed for her after the second child , physique and hormonal wise.... it seems so much harder for women to attain that tight physique after child birth... not sayin its not possible but im bettin you have to really pull deep and stay increadibly strict if u want it bad enough!

Primodaddy
04-09-2018, 07:46 PM
dunno the science for it... But a little personal story...
i was married years ago to this tiny little cuban chick i met in high school, just for a reference she was about 5'3" 105lbs tops! She was always in really fuckin good shape from playing softball her whole childhood! I mean fuckin tight buddy! well, we also had two daughters and she dropped the weight but never really got that tight conditioning back... i dunno if it has to do with stretched skin from pregnancy or hormone changes... but, shit really changed for her after the second child , physique and hormonal wise.... it seems so much harder for women to attain that tight physique after child birth... not sayin its not possible but im bettin you have to really pull deep and stay increadibly strict if u want it bad enough!

I've know quite a few woman who ended up with a KILLER body after having multiple kids. Like from somewhat chubby to toned and tight as fuck and with zero working out. I shit you not lol.

Radman69
04-09-2018, 11:20 PM
I've know quite a few woman who ended up with a KILLER body after having multiple kids. Like from somewhat chubby to toned and tight as fuck and with zero working out. I shit you not lol.

oh im sure! Some people are more 'blessed' than others i suppose!

crazed
04-10-2018, 11:15 AM
I think she is over training. And if she does a keto diet again make sure she gets a refeed once a week to help boost metabolism. I like Palumbo style keto with high protein, no carb, moderate fat. This works great for most ppl, especially women.

Austmed
07-25-2018, 07:54 PM
Would you say Keyo diet hanger up.

Physique25
07-25-2018, 08:17 PM
It wouldn’t make sense for her not to lose weight on a diet but not gain any weight when not tracking calories. I’m doubting the accuracy of this 1000cal diet. If that were the case, as others have said I’d recommend a diet break. Normally for long term weight loss I’d recommend these more periodically but if she’s been dieting a yearike you say I’d honestly say give it 4-6 months.

chadmack282
09-09-2018, 11:24 PM
Did u get any bloodwork to check if thyroid functioning properly?
& if u r starving her body will naturally hold onto entering thing it can.

drew.eu
09-17-2018, 07:53 AM
Short explenation:, the body adapts to everything, low calories, cardio type, training. My advice from working with girls who had this problem, you should slowly start giving her more food (incrase protein and fats first small amounts gradualy) and at the same time incrase cardio in the begining even change the routine, 2 sesions of hiit post workout in addition to what she s already doing for example(you will later cut from cardio) . This will help the incrase metabolic rate, make her body use the food she s getting in. You need to have patience and get her to the point to eat as many calories as she can with the least amount of cardio while maintaining.
This won t take a week or two but it s the smart way for long term results

drew.eu
09-17-2018, 10:14 AM
Also if you want yo try a fatburner i would go with albuterol.
Sry for the doublepost

Phill
09-17-2018, 10:19 AM
Short explenation:, the body adapts to everything, low calories, cardio type, training. My advice from working with girls who had this problem, you should slowly start giving her more food (incrase protein and fats first small amounts gradualy) and at the same time incrase cardio in the begining even change the routine, 2 sesions of hiit post workout in addition to what she s already doing for example(you will later cut from cardio) . This will help the incrase metabolic rate, make her body use the food she s getting in. You need to have patience and get her to the point to eat as many calories as she can with the least amount of cardio while maintaining.
This won t take a week or two but it s the smart way for long term results

THIS!!!

you have to do some sort of reverse diet.
Return to eating the right quantities.
You can not just go down with the calories.
Go back to eating it, go back to a point of balance and maintenance and then deal with a further weight loss .