PDA

View Full Version : Look at this MRI

teej750
04-09-2018, 03:13 AM
I want to find someone else that has this laundry list of shoulder issues. Read this MRI, absolute fucking train wreck.

1. Large posterior labral tear
2. Glenoid rim is destroyed
3. infraspinatus tear
4. Subscauplaris tear
5. Subluxed Biceps tendon (stuck in the form subscap fibers)
6. All resulting in a CHRONICALLY posterior dislocated shoulder.

Fml
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180409/950a09e3f42e3b2777432ca829ded284.jpg

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

busa2009
04-09-2018, 03:38 AM
I want to find someone else that has this laundry list of shoulder issues. Read this MRI, absolute fucking train wreck.

1. Large posterior labral tear
2. Glenoid rim is destroyed
3. infraspinatus tear
4. Subscauplaris tear
5. Subluxed Biceps tendon (stuck in the form subscap fibers)
6. All resulting in a CHRONICALLY posterior dislocated shoulder.

Fml
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180409/950a09e3f42e3b2777432ca829ded284.jpg

Biggest hurdle will be the labrum. But I would def get that surgically repaired while your young and strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teej750
04-09-2018, 03:41 AM
Biggest hurdle will be the labrum. But I would def get that surgically repaired while your young and strong.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI think the biceps. Has to be severed and anchored to the upper medial aspect of the humerous. Nothing funny about that either.

Will be completely splinted with a sling and swathe for 6 weeks minimum.

busa2009
04-09-2018, 03:45 AM
I think the biceps. Has to be severed and anchored to the upper medial aspect of the humerous. Nothing funny about that either.

Will be completely splinted with a sling and swathe for 6 weeks minimum.

Yes that true. But they have gotten so much better at biceps. The labrum is what may cause the long term issues but the labrum acts different in each individual in the shoulder and hip women have gone their life span no issues with labrum tears but some don’t in the hip. The same goes for the shoulder. Hopefully you won’t be down to long but with that damn list minimum 8 months and that’s not at 100%. But I would get that taken care of ASAP while your strong. Also don’t forget about your peptides that can aid in your recovery after the repairs. I would not let anyone talk me into not doing the repairs and go with injections to heal them.

teej750
04-09-2018, 04:48 AM
Yes that true. But they have gotten so much better at biceps. The labrum is what may cause the long term issues but the labrum acts different in each individual in the shoulder and hip women have gone their life span no issues with labrum tears but some don’t in the hip. The same goes for the shoulder. Hopefully you won’t be down to long but with that damn list minimum 8 months and that’s not at 100%. But I would get that taken care of ASAP while your strong. Also don’t forget about your peptides that can aid in your recovery after the repairs. I would not let anyone talk me into not doing the repairs and go with injections to heal them.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYeah the labrum is no joke. Its basically an extension of the glenoid, kinda like an egg on a small saucer it doesn't roll off bc of the lip of the plate which is the glenoid. But we need more stabilitybc the lip is short, so that's where the labrum comes in. Its a fibrous band that continues out from the glenoid essentially wrapping all the way around the humeral head. It acts as a basket for the shoulder to sit in and freely move, but keeps it from pulling out. Mine is trashed. Ill always be prone to dislocations with the right trauma. But if I'm careful I should be able to avoid that.

What I do want back is my range of motion and ability to adduct and train my shoulders.

busa2009
04-09-2018, 04:50 AM
Yeah the labrum is no joke. Its basically an extension of the glenoid, kinda like an egg on a small saucer it doesn't roll off bc of the lip of the plate which is the glenoid. But we need more stabilitybc the lip is short, so that's where the labrum comes in. Its a fibrous band that continues out from the glenoid essentially wrapping all the way around the humeral head. It acts as a basket for the shoulder to sit in and freely move, but keeps it from pulling out. Mine is trashed. Ill always be prone to dislocations with the right trauma. But if I'm careful I should be able to avoid that.

What I do want back is my range of motion and ability to adduct and train my shoulders.

You seem like your pretty aware of a lot of things. I think you will def be fine just keep the patience in check which is easier said than done[emoji23]

MuscleScience
04-09-2018, 05:02 AM
Have they talked about doing a partial or complete shoulder replacement ?

teej750
04-09-2018, 05:15 AM
Have they talked about doing a partial or complete shoulder replacement ?Yes.... Sadly that will come later though. Too young.

teej750
04-09-2018, 05:19 AM
You seem like your pretty aware of a lot of things. I think you will def be fine just keep the patience in check which is easier said than done[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI've been practicing medicine for 12 years man. But shoulder surgeries can be complicated. Knowledge is one thing but when it comes from experience its more useful. So I was hoping I could find someone who has experienced a similar issue and see how he was after the surgery.