PDA

View Full Version : Salmonella

Amjodor
04-17-2018, 01:21 AM
Any of you guys ever had this? I’m 99% sure I got it! I usually eat the same thing day in and day out but Friday after work I cooked 5 whole eggs and ate them. My wife commented how strong they smelled after I cooked them, later she told me they were 7 days after the sell by date. Didn’t think much of it, then about 6 hours later I feel like I had a fever and couldn’t sleep, fever broke by morning but still didn’t feel right. Just about exactly 24 hours after I ate those eggs I have had legit liquid stool every 2-3min. Like scary amount of water loss. No amount of Imodium or pepto has helped. I’m drinking Gatorade, water and chicken broth like it’s going out of style. It’s been 48 hours and it has def gone down but damn it still there. I used to eat raw eggs all the time too.

I have no idea where else I would have picked something this bad up. I had shingles on my face last year (in my eye to be exact) and a staph infection from deadlifting, so it hasn’t exactly been my year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xtreme4Life
04-17-2018, 01:25 AM
It's tough to say but it sounds more like food poisoning to me. Salmonella usually takes longer to become an issue. We consume salmonella all the time we just aren't affected by it.

Amjodor
04-17-2018, 01:26 AM
Interesting. God I hope it stops soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

graysqwrl
08-28-2018, 07:59 PM
I got ecoli once... same thing. Lost something like 12-14 lbs in 24 hrs. It took about 5 days to clear up