PDA

View Full Version : Staying Hydrated

tilltheend
02-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Staying Hydrated

By:Zach Bashore

Some people hate the idea of having to drink tasteless beverages, which is why water is not as popular as it should be. We have all heard that drinking plenty of water is important when trying to get a good body. So I am going to say it again. You need to drink plenty of water everyday, but don`t drown yourself by trying to drink to much.

Water is defined as a clear, colorless, odorless, and tasteless liquid, commonly known as H2O, that is essential for most plant and animal life. Water is also the most widely used of all solvents and for good reason. 70% of the human body is made of water so drinking plenty of it should be obvious. In almost every process that your body undertakes, water is used to help it function.

The Institute of Medicine suggests that woman should drink 2.2 liters of water daily, while men should be drinking around 3 liters. This figure is a good estimate but the actual amount of water a person needs will vary on the individual. The average adult urinates approximately 1.5 liters of water everyday. You also lose another liter just by breathing and sweating so the daily water recommendations a person drinks should have higher standards.

Dehydration occurs when your body does not have an adequate supply of water in the body. Dehydration will cause muscle weakness and not allow your food to digest properly. You can also expect a gain in water weight since your body will start holding water just to keep itself with enough water for survival. You can also expect other symptoms such as headache, fatigue, dry mouth, and even constipation.

The easiest way of knowing whether or not you are hyrdrated is by looking at the color of your urine. It should be clear as snow and any color simply means you need another glass of water. This philosophy is used by the military and is in my opinion, the easiest way of being able to tell whether or not you are hydrated. You also want to make sure that you don`t drown yourself by drinking more than you should be. To much water is just as worse as to little. I hoped you enjoyed reading about the importance of staying hydrated. Until next time.

milleniumgirl
02-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Great article tilly!

STEROID
02-03-2012, 12:55 AM
Good read TTE.Thanks for the post.