PDA

View Full Version : Full Rupture of Pec Major Log

GetBig13
04-28-2018, 05:51 PM
Alright guys. Gonna most likely keep this going as a weekly rehab log. Figured maybe my trial and error may help others if ever in a similar unfortunate situation, and also maybe others who’ve had the same experience can chime in and give their input.

4 weeks ago I did a full rupture is the pec major. Ripped the muscle right off the tendon causing my tendon to roll into my bicep and the pec muscle to roll up half way into my chest.

How it happened: Being and idiot, plain and simple. (Partially blaming tren though, shhh.)
I switch my lifts up quite often, but typically prefer heavy lifts more main movements at least. I was lifting with a couple buddies and we just got warm on the pec dec and moved on to flat press barbell. Typically even though I know it’s unnecessary, my heavy days (if on barbell) it’s not uncommon for me to work my way up to 405 for 4-5 reps. I don’t ever really try and do 1RM’s and if I know I can’t do a weight for at lest 4-6 I stay away.

Well, not this day. Got up to 405x6 and it felt lighter than it ever has. Was mad I stopped, but had 6 in my head. After that I told my buddy, “screw this I haven’t gone heavier than this for a long time, and this was just easier than ever before. Let Jump to 465. I can do it at least 2x clean.” 1. HUGE jump. 2. HUGE mistake. Pretty sure at this point my chest was just done. On the negative right as I got down to 90 I felt my chest just tighten and heard a snap. Bar dropped, instant nausea, swelling, and knee at that point it was torn.

Iced for two days, went for a MRI and it was a full rupture. Doc told me the only way it’d be the same was to do surgery, so obviously that’s what I did.

Surgery went well (doc even gave me some cool pics I’ll post if no one has a soft stomach and wants to see), and now it’s just a waiting game. I have two more weeks before beginning therealg, but decided to start some chemical therapy on my own.

Waitied one week post op to begin anything (didn’t want to further chance infection, etc) but plan on running this the whole way through recovery as I will keep a log and let you know how it’s working out.

Daily: (plus my 200mg cyp/wk trt)
2iu gh
500mcg BPC-157
20mg anavar

Doing some range of motion exercises eod (very small and limited movement), but definitely feel as if the bpc instantly helped with pain.

Im 5’4 And was 203 as of surgery day. Have not weighed yet (mental fuck), but obviously can notice a decent amount of atrophy as expected.

I own a gym and am on my feet with clients 12-14 hrs a day so I honestly have only tried to lift once (lower body was “Ok’d“). Just standing all day in the sling my shoulder and chest throb so I decided to rest while I could in between shifts instead of lifting. This upcoming week I will begin weekly pictures. Weigh ins, and logging the only exercise I can do (mobility for injury, limited lower body movements, and light cardio). Going to see how much I can maintain while going through this process.

Sorry for the ramble, just wanted to get it all out there. The future updates will be short unless there’s anything crazy changing that I need to go into detail on!

SunBorne
04-28-2018, 06:11 PM
Ouch...that was a big ass jump in weight. Speedy recovery, amigo.

GetBig13
04-28-2018, 06:12 PM
Here’s some pics!

Peak of Bruising Post Injury

http://i64.tinypic.com/2r6yyaf.jpg

Front Sexy Fluffy Typical Towel pic (night before op)

http://i67.tinypic.com/2qkttf6.jpg

Side View with Minor Bruising still (night before op)

http://i64.tinypic.com/2r2owfq.jpg

Post Op Wrapped Up

http://i66.tinypic.com/2r3dvk4.jpg

With a vote, I’ll possibly post the pics he took while performing surgery, let me know!

GetBig13
04-28-2018, 06:13 PM
Will post an updated pic tonight or tomorrow on current physique and injury site.

GetBig13
04-28-2018, 07:04 PM
Ouch...that was a big ass jump in weight. Speedy recovery, amigo.

yeah man-again fully admitting the stupidity on my end. I’ve dke 465 before and since the 405 felt SO good I was like mannnnn I can easily do this.

Nothing to do now but take it a day at a time.

Weapon X
04-29-2018, 01:46 PM
Wish you a speedy recovery

Primemuscle
04-29-2018, 04:30 PM
Dam bro sorry to hear that. Hoping you have a speedy recovery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gentic_freak
04-29-2018, 06:03 PM
Alright guys. Gonna most likely keep this going as a weekly rehab log. Figured maybe my trial and error may help others if ever in a similar unfortunate situation, and also maybe others who’ve had the same experience can chime in and give their input.

4 weeks ago I did a full rupture is the pec major. Ripped the muscle right off the tendon causing my tendon to roll into my bicep and the pec muscle to roll up half way into my chest.

How it happened: Being and idiot, plain and simple. (Partially blaming tren though, shhh.)
I switch my lifts up quite often, but typically prefer heavy lifts more main movements at least. I was lifting with a couple buddies and we just got warm on the pec dec and moved on to flat press barbell. Typically even though I know it’s unnecessary, my heavy days (if on barbell) it’s not uncommon for me to work my way up to 405 for 4-5 reps. I don’t ever really try and do 1RM’s and if I know I can’t do a weight for at lest 4-6 I stay away.

Well, not this day. Got up to 405x6 and it felt lighter than it ever has. Was mad I stopped, but had 6 in my head. After that I told my buddy, “screw this I haven’t gone heavier than this for a long time, and this was just easier than ever before. Let Jump to 465. I can do it at least 2x clean.” 1. HUGE jump. 2. HUGE mistake. Pretty sure at this point my chest was just done. On the negative right as I got down to 90 I felt my chest just tighten and heard a snap. Bar dropped, instant nausea, swelling, and knee at that point it was torn.

Iced for two days, went for a MRI and it was a full rupture. Doc told me the only way it’d be the same was to do surgery, so obviously that’s what I did.

Surgery went well (doc even gave me some cool pics I’ll post if no one has a soft stomach and wants to see), and now it’s just a waiting game. I have two more weeks before beginning therealg, but decided to start some chemical therapy on my own.

Waitied one week post op to begin anything (didn’t want to further chance infection, etc) but plan on running this the whole way through recovery as I will keep a log and let you know how it’s working out.

Daily: (plus my 200mg cyp/wk trt)
2iu gh
500mcg BPC-157
20mg anavar

Doing some range of motion exercises eod (very small and limited movement), but definitely feel as if the bpc instantly helped with pain.

Im 5’4 And was 203 as of surgery day. Have not weighed yet (mental fuck), but obviously can notice a decent amount of atrophy as expected.

I own a gym and am on my feet with clients 12-14 hrs a day so I honestly have only tried to lift once (lower body was “Ok’d“). Just standing all day in the sling my shoulder and chest throb so I decided to rest while I could in between shifts instead of lifting. This upcoming week I will begin weekly pictures. Weigh ins, and logging the only exercise I can do (mobility for injury, limited lower body movements, and light cardio). Going to see how much I can maintain while going through this process.

Sorry for the ramble, just wanted to get it all out there. The future updates will be short unless there’s anything crazy changing that I need to go into detail on!

Had the same injury happen to me benching 455lbs in March. Had surgery twice in March I’m in recovery/rehab currently. I have a lot of tightness on my left side. Feels like I’m wearing a straight jacket.

wHaTeVaItTaKes
04-29-2018, 08:28 PM
Here’s some pics!

Peak of Bruising Post Injury

http://i64.tinypic.com/2r6yyaf.jpg

Front Sexy Fluffy Typical Towel pic (night before op)

http://i67.tinypic.com/2qkttf6.jpg

Side View with Minor Bruising still (night before op)

http://i64.tinypic.com/2r2owfq.jpg

Post Op Wrapped Up

http://i66.tinypic.com/2r3dvk4.jpg

With a vote, I’ll possibly post the pics he took while performing surgery, let me know! I tore my bicep tendon a year ago and had the surgery done. You'll notice muscle hypertrophy happen almost immediately. Try not to stress though, you'll come back strong, it's just a slow process.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Fancycat69
04-29-2018, 08:47 PM
Shit man that’s a hell of a injury to come back from. I’ll be following. I wish you the best of luck in your recovery

Mfire
04-29-2018, 09:10 PM
Damn bro, that sucks! Just don’t let them feed you those pills, after my shoulder injury they fucked me up, if you were close I’d let you use my ice machine

GetBig13
04-29-2018, 10:23 PM
Had the same injury happen to me benching 455lbs in March. Had surgery twice in March I’m in recovery/rehab currently. I have a lot of tightness on my left side. Feels like I’m wearing a straight jacket.

damn man, sorry to hear! What led to the second surgery in the same month? Hope you’re healing well.

gentic_freak
04-29-2018, 10:25 PM
damn man, sorry to hear! What led to the second surgery in the same month? Hope you’re healing well.

Developed a blood clot. So I had to wear a train tube

GetBig13
04-29-2018, 10:25 PM
I tore my bicep tendon a year ago and had the surgery done. You'll notice muscle hypertrophy happen almost immediately. Try not to stress though, you'll come back strong, it's just a slow process.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

sorry brother but glad all is good ok your end now. Yeah it’s a total mind-fuck, but matters can always be worse. Weight and dropped significantly already as you’ll see in an updated by pic later today when I get home.

GetBig13
04-29-2018, 10:28 PM
Damn bro, that sucks! Just don’t let them feed you those pills, after my shoulder injury they fucked me up, if you were close I’d let you use my ice machine

yeah man I keep it minimal w the pain pills. Typically just at night to make sleeping while sitting straight up, somewhat manageable. Had a couple buddies w opiate addictions growing up and lost my best friend to it so I purposely try and suffer until I abosulutely need the relief.

Thanks by the way, actually would love an ice machine for my gym to be honest, heard they can get pretty pricey.

GetBig13
04-29-2018, 10:29 PM
Developed a blood clot. So I had to wear a train tube

DAMN! Well that definitely motivates me to make sure I actually move this arm around a bit. So sorry man but again glad you are on the way to recovery.

GetBig13
04-30-2018, 02:11 AM
Alright guys so here’s a CURRENT update of what I’m looking like.

Like mentioned in the original post, injury originally happened 4 weeks ago. And this past Thursday (4/26) was officially 3 weeks post op. The pictures posted before were the day prior to going under the knife, so consider these 3 weeks post op, no lifting. Drugs are as mentioned in the oriifinal post and food has been whatever. Serious lack of update, most likely due to 1. Lack of motivation knowing I cannot lift. 2. Meds. 3. Lack of activity. I’ll eat clean at work but dinner is whatever the wife wants when usually I keep it clean. Although I’m eating at work, calories are a fraction of what they were prior to the injury.

Amazing how quick you can regress, but here we are (and yes I have some gyno haha)

http://i67.tinypic.com/oiu8gj.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/14eaq08.jpg

Starting tomorrow I will be adding in some LISS cardio 3x a week, and some mild leg lifts 2x a week. Hoping it’ll spike an increase in appetite and I can get some more calories in and at least maintain SOMETHING.

roycehellion
07-01-2018, 04:00 AM
That's epic and awful, hope you get back to 100%
Your a beast already, you'll get back there.