PDA

View Full Version : how often did your doc take bloods when starting trt

realdeal
05-01-2018, 03:23 PM
So my doctor is prescribing me test but wants to start me out at 100mg a day and come back after 3 weeks to check blood work. the tricky part is i'm 1.5 weeks into pct and wanted to run at least another 2.5 weeks of pct ( ran a short 9 week cycle). I was going to run my summer cycle in about 3 weeks. as of day 4 of pct my test levels were 127ng so i assume this week i am in the 250s.

The goal is to get prescribed at least the minimum of 200mg a week but if i continue to run my pct and then start the first 3 weeks of injections my test levels will be significantly higher and he will only want to prescribe me 100mg.

Option 1

Continue pct for a couple weeks and start injections later (less prescribed test)

option 2

Get the first injection asap and do 2 more weeks of 100mg and pray my test levels are still under the 1200 so he ups the amount. He might also want me to come back in after another 3 weeks of say 150mg a week

Option 3

Get the first injection asap and continue clomid and nolva. Don't take any other injections. and go in after 3 weeks and see where levels are at. (guessing around 500-600 with clomid still in my system). Still might ask me to come back in after another few weeks if he increases it

Option 4

Get initial injection asap continue pct but inject 100mg before seeing doc in a few weeks and hope i'm around 800ng

What would you guys do? I'm 34 baseline of 425ng test levels. I plan on having another kid so thats why i don't just start trt and be done with it.

TIA

pistolero
05-10-2018, 02:00 PM
What would you guys do? I'm 34 baseline of 425ng test levels. I plan on having another kid so thats why i don't just start trt and be done with it.

TIA

First if you are worried about staying potent why not do your pct and stay off of test while you make babies? 100mg or 200mg doesn't matter you won't be making babies with either. TRT will keep you shut down.
The most common blood work schedule is to do pre TRT bloods for baseline, decide on a dosing, then test at around 3 months and adjust from there. It takes at least 6 weeks to get a steady blood level with the half-life of testC. Normally after you get levels where you want most will recommend testing every 6 months.

realdeal
05-11-2018, 11:46 PM
First if you are worried about staying potent why not do your pct and stay off of test while you make babies? 100mg or 200mg doesn't matter you won't be making babies with either. TRT will keep you shut down.
The most common blood work schedule is to do pre TRT bloods for baseline, decide on a dosing, then test at around 3 months and adjust from there. It takes at least 6 weeks to get a steady blood level with the half-life of testC. Normally after you get levels where you want most will recommend testing every 6 months.

I don't plan on actually running trt. The main reason i wanted it was so i can travel with my gear. I just know eventually i will need/want it and i want the dose to be a normal 200-300mg a week dose not 100

I ended up pining 90mg this week and will pin 90 more next week before test. I figured i will be around 500 and doc will then allow me to move up to at least 150mg a week if not 200mg

JJ14
06-24-2018, 02:19 PM
So my doctor is prescribing me test but wants to start me out at 100mg a day and come back after 3 weeks to check blood work. the tricky part is i'm 1.5 weeks into pct and wanted to run at least another 2.5 weeks of pct ( ran a short 9 week cycle). I was going to run my summer cycle in about 3 weeks. as of day 4 of pct my test levels were 127ng so i assume this week i am in the 250s.

The goal is to get prescribed at least the minimum of 200mg a week but if i continue to run my pct and then start the first 3 weeks of injections my test levels will be significantly higher and he will only want to prescribe me 100mg.

Option 1

Continue pct for a couple weeks and start injections later (less prescribed test)

option 2

Get the first injection asap and do 2 more weeks of 100mg and pray my test levels are still under the 1200 so he ups the amount. He might also want me to come back in after another 3 weeks of say 150mg a week

Option 3

Get the first injection asap and continue clomid and nolva. Don't take any other injections. and go in after 3 weeks and see where levels are at. (guessing around 500-600 with clomid still in my system). Still might ask me to come back in after another few weeks if he increases it

Option 4

Get initial injection asap continue pct but inject 100mg before seeing doc in a few weeks and hope i'm around 800ng

TIAHey what's the protocol that your doctor told you to do for blood work?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Marine
06-24-2018, 11:00 PM
My doc got my base lines, then went in every 3 months until I got to where we wanted. Now it's every 6months. And I been in it now for 5 years.

Boxsquatter
06-25-2018, 12:18 AM
My dr makes me go in every three months cause he know I use gear and he want to bust my balls and make it harder for me to have good bloods when I go in. I threw him for a loop this time. Back in feb I was at 300mg a week but running 600mg week. I didn’t give myself enough time and went In With s blood level of 1700. So he brings me to200mg. This time I went in and my number was 260 something at 200mg a week and he scratched his head and put me back to 300 mg a week and gave me a script for adex 1mg eod.. silly rabbit I only need .5 mg eod. Not to mention I have like a year of pharma grade test on hand that only costs me 5$ for the script...5$ can you belive that. 75 $ with no insurance.. so next time I will be s little closer to700ng when I go In so it looks like he is a good dr and knows what he is doing.

OTG85
07-01-2018, 02:14 PM
My dr does every six months. During my blast I usually pay for a online service to test myself once or twice in between.

TheDome
07-03-2018, 11:27 PM
Every 3 months to start. After first year, went to annually.

dan_halen
07-09-2018, 10:20 PM
First bloods one month in, every six months after that.

Also, if you're worried about fertility, talk to your doc about HCG - mine prescribed 1000 IU (split in 500 IU doses twice a week) along with my 100mg test-cyp, and my wife and I conceived for the second time about three months into my treatment (I was actually running more than 100mg.wk by then, but kept the 1000 IU of HCG).

dan_halen
07-10-2018, 09:35 PM
My dr makes me go in every three months cause he know I use gear and he want to bust my balls and make it harder for me to have good bloods when I go in. I threw him for a loop this time. Back in feb I was at 300mg a week but running 600mg week. I didn’t give myself enough time and went In With s blood level of 1700. So he brings me to200mg. This time I went in and my number was 260 something at 200mg a week and he scratched his head and put me back to 300 mg a week and gave me a script for adex 1mg eod.. silly rabbit I only need .5 mg eod. Not to mention I have like a year of pharma grade test on hand that only costs me 5$ for the script...5$ can you belive that. 75 $ with no insurance.. so next time I will be s little closer to700ng when I go In so it looks like he is a good dr and knows what he is doing.

Lots of folks here probably already know about this, but SteroidGraph - Graph your cycle (http://steroidcalc.com) is a great resource for estimating your blood levels based on your protocol and pinning schedule. Especially helpful if you want to know when you have to stop pinning at blast levels to get your blood levels where your TRT doc expects to see them. :welcoming: