PDA

View Full Version : Shedding This Shrek body

Lukas
05-18-2018, 05:10 PM
Good day all,

I am a Texas boy that has developed a shrek body type through poor diet and injuries plus just got married so the comfortable weight just adding on to my Shrekness. I've been training off and all since high school. Going from fat to fit back fit multiple times. I'm tired of the yoyo lifestyle. I'm planning on having kids soon and don't want to be that fat dad trying to keep up with his toddler. So this is my declaration to the world that I'm over it and it;'s time for a permanent life style change.

Stats

6'0 ft
310lbs
30% bf or higher

Diet

Going to follow keto/paleo and do fasting protocol of 18/6 on the weekdays and 14/10 on the weekends. Calories will be 2200. 55% protein 35%fat 15% carbs

Doing an ecy stack for 3 weeks at a time with 1 week off. I started this already and went from 318 to 310 since Monday, I know most of that is water weight and it'll slow down. Also drinking my bcaas throughout the day.

Training is Friday through Sunday following 5/3/1.
Friday:
Deadlifts and back work
Saturday:
Bench and Shoulder press with chest accessory work
Sunday:
Squats and leg accessory work
Monday:
Walk dogs at night with wife for an hr
Tuesday:
Swim and back accessory for lunch hr at work
Wednesday:
Swim and chest accessory for lunch hr at work
Thursday:
Walk dogs with wife for an hr

So this is my plan and what I'll be doing until I reach 225 and maintain that weight. Goal is by my birthday December 4th. This time no excuses only results. Thanks all for looking and any words of encouragement are appreciated. I need that Rocky type montage right now. Eye of the tiger type shit.

https://i.gifer.com/MMqP.gif

Lukas
05-18-2018, 05:28 PM

Example of what my first meal of the day during the week looks like. 2 cans of tuna, 2 eggs, greens and cheese with sunflower oil dressing. And I’ll have a protein shake as well.

bigpapapumpaf
05-18-2018, 07:06 PM
I hate to be so harsh but you are destined to fail with that plan. 2200 cals is not enough for you and I would bet you last a few weeks until you get pissed off and quit. You can't shock your system that much and expect to succeed. You will starve yourself, quit and then binge eat.

You need approx 3700 cals to maintain your weight. drop that down to 2700 cals and all things being OK you will loose 2 lbs a week. You loose weight by either being in a caloric deficit or by burning cals. 15% carbs is too drastic and not healthy. Switch the fat % with the carbs. Monitor your foods with something like MyFitnessPal so that you know what you are eating. Don't worry about being perfect day to day, keep it close but look at it over a weekly total.

Training Fri, Sat and Sunday is not enough. Walking is better than nothing but you need to set a goal of cals burned. Swimming is great but how long do you plan on swimming? Is it laps or just splashing around in the pool? I also don't know what chest accessory means????

Try to do some form of cardio every day but with a means of knowing how many cals you burn. 100 cals a day doesn't seem like a bunch but that's an extra 700 cals a week or an extra 1 lb lost every 5 weeks. It takes 3500 cals to burn a lb.

Drink plenty of water, it will make you feel full. Add in extra fiber too. Cut out alcohol and sugar.

Write down your goal and plan it out. Look at it every single day and keep notes about how you feel.

Don't be afraid to take a cheat day here and there, it won't hurt you and unless you take them, your body doesn't know you're dieting. If you starve yourself, your body will hold onto fat as a protection method.

Ask any questions, that's what the board is for. I'd suggest you see your doc and get blood work done too, just to see where your lipids are today.

Best of luck to you!

BPP

joko123
05-18-2018, 07:38 PM
Good advice above and stop the ECY now there’s no need for on top of all the stress your it now. Save when you’re trying to get to single digits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

born
05-18-2018, 08:38 PM
Drop ECY period and no one take that shit.
Yohimbine can be a vasodialator or a vosoconstrictor depending on how much you use. Couple that with something as strong as ephedrine who's half life can literally double depending on what you have ate or drank...

You get stroke, heart attack, and aneurysm.
Ephedrine has straight up been blamed for shit caused by mixing it with useless drugs like yohimbine. Little caffeine and a little ephedrine with a high urine acidity go a long ass ways.

If it wasn't on another board I could link an article recently where a guys wife had a heart attack on ecy.

Eca, ec, is just fine used right. Ephedrine already come with guafenesin unless you buy straight injectable ephed sulfate. So thats two strong stimulants already on top of something that squeezes the juice out of your adrenal glands. Start throwing in a variable pos like yohimbine and you will eventually fuck up over something as simple as eating too much yogurt. I shit you not it is literally that easy.

Yohimbine is garbage.
Mean none of this rudely.
I mean it as a warning.

5forty
05-18-2018, 09:24 PM
Lukas, I agree 100% with what the guys above said. In my mid to late 20s all I cared about was getting stronger and I thought the best way to do that was to get as big as possible. I was able to get up to 6'-0" and 316...something I'm still mildly proud of. Then my daughter was born and I looked at pictures holding her and realized what at fat fuck I'd become. I decided on a similar goal as you...really just to get in the 220s. Now this might not be popular here, but I decided that I needed to do something different and tried P90X. After several rounds and a year later I was down to 220, very lean, very "fit" but I wasn't happy. I didn't like how "small" I felt compared to what I was, and my strength basically just disappeared. I guess my point is to be careful picking an arbitrary number like 225, it might not be what you really want.

BPP, Joko and Born gave you great advice to get started. Any help I can give, don't hesitate to ask, having been in almost exactly your shoes 10 years ago, I'm not just regurgitating what I read somewhere.

Either way, good luck...a solid eating plan, workout plan and determination and you'll succeed.

Lukas
05-18-2018, 10:10 PM
Thanks all. Good advice. I’ll keep y’all posted on here how everything goes. My body responds will to low carbs. And accessories I referred to are based in the 5/3/1 protocol.

born
05-18-2018, 11:13 PM
Thanks all. Good advice. I’ll keep y’all posted on here how everything goes. My body responds will to low carbs. And accessories I referred to are based in the 5/3/1 protocol.

Eca protocol ratios are extremely outdated.
Urine acidity is the key to balance. Drinking energy drinks such as red bull or a cocacola product has high inorganic acid content. The acid elevates your urine pH extending half life of eca by double and it literally hold the eca at its peak twice as long.

Also food with a high sulphur bound content such as yogurt can increase urine acidity. A couple of coke zeros or a red bull can give you twice the kick without playing with a vasoconstrictor while having increased epinephrrine levels hammering your heart.

The guys wife that nearly died I spoke of was perfectly healthy. They hooked her up to the ekg and she had a pulse rate of 220 and had had a heart attack. Ephedrine was taken out of things such as hydroxycut because people with no prior health issues and young atheletes were dropping dead from it. Be extremely careful with it.

It affect more than is listed for many people.
Prostate is one example. Eca causes temporary swelling of the prostate. This was overlooked because it constricts the urethra.

If you pop too much and go take a shit dont be suprised if you literally involuntarily secrete half a load of semen.

I have taken ECA since 18. Thats a lotta years.
As far as the urine acidity and the effect on half life, I am the only cat I have ever seen lay it out and I discovered it one day by pouing through pubmed and drug fact articles.

My curiosity arose when I realized my coca cola made it hit twice as hard twice as long. I searched and realized I had inadvertently been maximizing its half life and effects.

I am not a nerd so I thought it was pretty special a dumbass like me could contribute something very few know.

Lukas
05-21-2018, 12:49 PM
A week in and I’m 299. The protocol is going good. Increased cals to 2800 over the weekend since I lifted heavy. Going to flail around the pool later since it’s rainy and won’t be able to walk the dogs tonight.

Cowboymike
06-12-2018, 02:27 AM
Where you at bro? Update this shit ;0)

Coreaga
06-19-2018, 07:12 PM
Yo bro!! hope your still at it! You had a solid plan I agree with just upping your calories a bit more and dropping the ECY. At one point in my life I was about 25% body fat my first week I lost a lot of water weight and then for 6 to 8 weeks my weight loss was slow as shit even on large caloric deficit. It mentally fucked me up and I wasn't seeing the results I intended seeing all my more experienced gym bro's told me to up my calories a bit more so I wouldn't get discouraged on my diet. As someone stated above the first month or so your body is trying to hold on to as much fat as possible after my 6 to 8 week mark I just started shedding fat like crazy I'm glad I took my more experienced friends advice because I probably would have quit my diet at 2200 calories because I felt miserable all the time. I also did intermittent fasting at the beginning and quit around the 4 month mark because I felt terrible in the gym so it made me not want to work out.