PDA

View Full Version : Heat up Fat Loss

darksidefitness
02-11-2012, 03:26 AM
Heat Up Fat Loss With Red Peppers

Add this fiery food to torch unwanted fat

By Jim Stoppani, PhD

http://www.flexonline.com/sites/flexonline.com/files/imagecache/node_page_image/article_images/peppers.jpg

Capsaicin is the natural chemical in hot pepper such as cayenne peppers. Several studies confirm that it can enhance fat burning by raising metabolic rate and reducing hunger and food intake.
A new study from Purdue University (West Lafayette, Indiana) confirms this, even in people who are not overweight. The researchers gave subjects a meal containing about ½ teaspoon of red pepper or a meal with no added red pepper.
The investigators reported in a 2011 issue of Physiology & Behavior that when the subjects ate the meal with red pepper, not only did they experience a boost in the number of calories burned just sitting but they burned more calories from fat and also experienced less hunger than when they ate the meal without added red pepper.
So consider adding ½ teaspoon of red pepper, chili pepper or cayenne pepper to your meals for a kick in the taste buds and a kick in the fat cells.

PAiN
02-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Really good info. I love peppers. Thanks.

bigpimpdaddy
02-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Good info..I did not know that...

darksidefitness
02-12-2012, 11:37 PM
Peppers are good and you can add heat by adding hotter peppers like ghost peppers, caballeros peppers (very small peppers but supper hot), or just keep it simple w/ chilli peppers or jalapenos. I prefer habaneros.