PDA

View Full Version : Nine Month Transformation - Just getting started!

RussianBot
06-05-2018, 03:57 AM
Alright, I hadn't planned on doing this but another member who is taking part in a transformation contest suggested it. I'll give a little history and try to keep it brief (I have a tendency to be long winded). At the end of last summer I was in the WORST shape of my life: 5'8" 220 lbs, fat and miserable. Late August - Early September, the pain got great enough for me to FUCKING DO SOMETHING about it.

I started the Keto diet on September 2nd I had been starving myself so I was down to 214. I felt like shit for about 5 days and then my energy levels rose and the weight started falling off - FAST. All I did for the first almost 2 months was pay attention to macros and calories and fast walk 3 miles a day.

At the end of October, my wife and I joined the gym. I was down to around 195 ish at that time and was feeling better. I have experience with weight lifting and exercise, in my teens, and early 20's I was quite into fitness. Drugs and alcohol happened and, well, I didn't give a shit about exercise for many years. I am 44 now (for a little while longer). *side note - I celebrate 8 years clean and sober TODAY* ANYWAY - back on track. We focused our gym time mainly on circuit training and cardio with the occasional extra lifting here and there until February.

At the beginning of February I had whittled my weight down to 176. She was getting tired of the circuit and so was I. Also of note: In February I started TRT. That eventually led me to this AMAZING PLACE. We started hitting the weights 4 days a week, cardio the other 3.

Now you all know what happened next. That's right, curiosity got the best of me and I began a blast in March. I am gonna start cruising for a while in about 6 weeks. Now, before anyone says anything, keep in mind. I am a recoverING alcoholic, I am by no means RECOVERED. I still take self will and don't take advice too well a lot of times. I know I probably should have stuck to test only, but I didn't. The one thing I HAVE done is read a LOT here and learn the in's and out's, sides, and how to address them. As a result, I have had a pretty damn good go at it. No major issues. Get bloods fairly often, etc.

Anyway, I weighed 196 lbs this morning. In the first pic of every set, I was wearing size 38 waist pants. The third pic (TODAY) I wear 32's. By NO MEANS am I where I want to be. The gut is hanging in there like a hair in a biscuit! lol. I'm gonna finish out this blast and run GH while cruising, put more focus on cardio and keep track of my macros again to hopefully address that better. I still limit myself to around 25-30 carbs per day but I'm doing what some would call lazy Keto. I am probably getting too much protein.

Anyway, here are the pics: (the dates and my weight are on the pic)
FRONT:

continued next post...

RussianBot
06-05-2018, 03:59 AM
...continued

BACK:

Continued next post...

RussianBot
06-05-2018, 04:00 AM
...continued

SIDE:

RussianBot
06-05-2018, 04:01 AM
3 more:

Hopefully this might serve to motivate someone who is not a bodybuilder, has a "dad bod", and is in his mid-forties and hungry for change. Thanks for listening Brotherhood, I fucking love this place!

JGIII
06-05-2018, 04:11 AM
3 more:

Hopefully this might serve to motivate someone who is not a bodybuilder, has a "dad bod", and is in his mid-forties and hungry for change. Thanks for listening Brotherhood, I fucking love this place!

Dude that’s some real inspirational stuff!! Your transformation has been epic and I love that you are still wanting more and haven’t tired out yet. Keep that shit up bro!! You’re looking like a whole new man!! Incredible journey so far and I look forward to following your progress in the years to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RussianBot
06-05-2018, 04:17 AM
Dude that’s some real inspirational stuff!! Your transformation has been epic and I love that you are still wanting more and haven’t tired out yet. Keep that shit up bro!! You’re looking like a whole new man!! Incredible journey so far and I look forward to following your progress in the years to come.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThanks bro. Like I said, it is sometimes hard to see it for yourself. And yea man, I am hyped to go to the gym every day after work. I fucking look forward to it daily.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rockman5454
06-05-2018, 05:52 AM
3 more:

Hell yea brother keep grinding!!!! Reach your goal and never be satisfied, amazing transformation thanks for sharing with us!!!

Riggs
06-05-2018, 06:08 AM
Bad ass brother! It's amazing what we can do when we put our minds to it...well and a little juice but that'll be our secret...LOL...I went from @ 240 to 198 with diet alone back in early 2013 so I know it can be an ass kicker loosing weight and then adding lean muscle mass.

Great job and keep grinding!

macedog24
06-05-2018, 06:50 AM
Welcome to bop. Congrats on the life CHanges you made and sticking to them.
Keep up THe hard work it's paying off big time.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

RussianBot
06-05-2018, 10:03 AM
Bad ass brother! It's amazing what we can do when we put our minds to it...well and a little juice but that'll be our secret...LOL...I went from @ 240 to 198 with diet alone back in early 2013 so I know it can be an ass kicker loosing weight and then adding lean muscle mass.

Great job and keep grinding!You're about my age aren't you Riggs?

StateSide
06-05-2018, 11:24 AM
Awesome changes man. And congratulations on your 8 years....it is incredible the things you can do when you aren’t stuck at the bottom of a bottle or back end of a pipe!

Great to see and THANKS FOR SHARING!

Zeus-Sr
06-05-2018, 11:39 AM
Awesome - congrats

ProFit
06-05-2018, 12:25 PM
Congratulations brother!

Rjeezy209
06-05-2018, 01:06 PM
Awesome stuff man

GymPrincess
06-05-2018, 02:52 PM
Great job! I see a lot of dedication right here.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MrsBot
08-23-2018, 10:03 PM
Alright, I hadn't planned on doing this but another member who is taking part in a transformation contest suggested it. I'll give a little history and try to keep it brief (I have a tendency to be long winded). At the end of last summer I was in the WORST shape of my life: 5'8" 220 lbs, fat and miserable. Late August - Early September, the pain got great enough for me to FUCKING DO SOMETHING about it.

I started the Keto diet on September 2nd I had been starving myself so I was down to 214. I felt like shit for about 5 days and then my energy levels rose and the weight started falling off - FAST. All I did for the first almost 2 months was pay attention to macros and calories and fast walk 3 miles a day.

At the end of October, my wife and I joined the gym. I was down to around 195 ish at that time and was feeling better. I have experience with weight lifting and exercise, in my teens, and early 20's I was quite into fitness. Drugs and alcohol happened and, well, I didn't give a shit about exercise for many years. I am 44 now (for a little while longer). *side note - I celebrate 8 years clean and sober TODAY* ANYWAY - back on track. We focused our gym time mainly on circuit training and cardio with the occasional extra lifting here and there until February.

At the beginning of February I had whittled my weight down to 176. She was getting tired of the circuit and so was I. Also of note: In February I started TRT. That eventually led me to this AMAZING PLACE. We started hitting the weights 4 days a week, cardio the other 3.

Now you all know what happened next. That's right, curiosity got the best of me and I began a blast in March. I am gonna start cruising for a while in about 6 weeks. Now, before anyone says anything, keep in mind. I am a recoverING alcoholic, I am by no means RECOVERED. I still take self will and don't take advice too well a lot of times. I know I probably should have stuck to test only, but I didn't. The one thing I HAVE done is read a LOT here and learn the in's and out's, sides, and how to address them. As a result, I have had a pretty damn good go at it. No major issues. Get bloods fairly often, etc.

Anyway, I weighed 196 lbs this morning. In the first pic of every set, I was wearing size 38 waist pants. The third pic (TODAY) I wear 32's. By NO MEANS am I where I want to be. The gut is hanging in there like a hair in a biscuit! lol. I'm gonna finish out this blast and run GH while cruising, put more focus on cardio and keep track of my macros again to hopefully address that better. I still limit myself to around 25-30 carbs per day but I'm doing what some would call lazy Keto. I am probably getting too much protein.

Anyway, here are the pics: (the dates and my weight are on the pic)
FRONT:

continued next post...

Geez babe! I see you everyday and looking at these ...mind blowing! Im so freaking proud of you and excited about our nee way of life! I love you!

RussianBot
08-23-2018, 10:15 PM
Geez babe! I see you everyday and looking at these ...mind blowing! Im so freaking proud of you and excited about our nee way of life! I love you!

I fuckin love you too! ♥️��♥️��

RussianBot
08-24-2018, 03:21 AM
This post is from June. I plan on updating next month with one year pics.

ITSMYBODY
08-24-2018, 12:52 PM
all that matters is that you stay consistent aa I spoke earlier on your wife. Your nutritional intake is the key plus the hard work and sweat that your put into your circuit. Most importantly have fun with it take the progress in stride and keep striving never het comfortable as there is always room for improvement

RussianBot
08-24-2018, 01:13 PM
all that matters is that you stay consistent aa I spoke earlier on your wife. Your nutritional intake is the key plus the hard work and sweat that your put into your circuit. Most importantly have fun with it take the progress in stride and keep striving never het comfortable as there is always room for improvement

Thanks. I believe you misread her post. We "graduated" from the circuit training back in February and began lifting heavy. We go hard at the gym 4-5 days / week. Cardo on off days. My diet is straight Ketogenic. 4-5% carbs, approximately 60% fats, and 35% protein. I could stand to be more regimented in keeping track of caloric intake and macros, and I likely will next cycle.

JohnDoe
08-25-2018, 03:04 PM
Awesome transformation log Bot!

Keep hammering away and be consistent. You have room for improvement and you will indeed progress as long as you stay driven to become better.

Keep it up and thanks for inspiring others to be better as well!

Moving your thread to TRAINING DIET AND STEROIDS LOG SECTION.

=)