PDA

View Full Version : What should I do about this acne?

Xxmikiexx
06-26-2018, 02:16 AM
I'm broke out really bad. "really bad". It actually hurts when's the shower hits my back and chest. This is also my second post here at the brotherhood. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

bobhead
06-26-2018, 03:29 AM
Sounds like a ton of inflammation, pop some dexamethasone. Or do a course of accutane. Or reduce your DHT.

Drillit
06-26-2018, 06:20 PM
I recommend going to a dermatologist. I went to my PC first and they put me on antibiotics and a cream that didn’t work. Went to a derm and he put me on accutane. It’s the only thing that cleared mine up.
I wouldn’t try to go full course of tane without a doc to monitor your liver.

Droid1988
06-26-2018, 06:52 PM
Make sure your estrogen is in check. When mine is high I break out. I also did a 2 month course of accutane that cleared up a majority of it pretty quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

German89
06-26-2018, 07:17 PM
I use benzoyl peroxide.. lotion and face wash.

You want to make sure youre exfoliating.

Keep your skin clean. If youre feeling greasy, wash your face. Or in your face, maybe get some face wipes and wipe your back?

Get a good exfoliating scrubbie.

Tan.

Charcoal soap.

Uhh.. facial masks, i use a few a week, they help as well. Like clay masks.

Just gotta work on keeping pours closed.

German89
06-26-2018, 07:18 PM
Clean!!!!

Not closed ::eye roll::

Judgmentalist
06-26-2018, 07:58 PM
I went to a dermatologist even though mine wasn’t that bad. She put me on a daily antibiotic and some prescription strength benzoyl peroxide wipes to use in the shower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Hairy SOB
06-26-2018, 10:39 PM
Make sure your estrogen is in check. When mine is high I break out. I also did a 2 month course of accutane that cleared up a majority of it pretty quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk+1

I have the same issue. Whenever my E2 is above 20, I break out.

Xxmikiexx
07-28-2018, 07:54 AM
Ship, thanks. I didn't realize I got a reply until now. I got an appointment with the dermatologist. I'm going to wait and buy some accutane. That's my best bet I think.

bobhead
07-28-2018, 06:59 PM
What does your acne look like, just red inflammation or filled with bacteria.
If shit is oozing out of them you need antibiotics.