PDA

View Full Version : Accutane 6 Weeks of Use So Far---Questions

JRR
06-28-2018, 10:07 PM
So I am into my 6th week of Accutane use at 20mg / day. I had mild to moderate facial acne for the 1st time in my life (now 54 years of age). It is AAS related. So on 20mg / day my acne has all but cleared up except for a mild breakout once per week. Other than dry, chapping lips I have no dry skin whatsoever. i have about 3 weeks of Accutane left, and my concern is once I stop, my acne coming back. Seeing as my skin never dried out, I believe the potential is there for the acne to return. My questions are:

#1 Should i re-order more Accutane and stay on it at 20mg / day for several more weeks?

# 2 Do not re-order and see what happens?

# 3 Re-order and up the dose to 40mg / day until my skin dry's out?

Thank you in advance for any responses.

Themaskedrider
06-28-2018, 10:11 PM
I had to run 40mg for 6months to kill mine for good. It’s not fun stuff. I had cystic acne on my back from AAS. Tried everything and accutane was only thing that worked in the end for me. Worth it now. I’m acne free!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

peppers85
06-28-2018, 10:15 PM
My 2 cents might not be popular here, but in my opinion, accutane is some dangerous shit. I took it as a late teen for acne. Yes, it got rid of the acne, but it came at a huge cost. It took me awhile to “get right” after taking it. If you’re not experiencing any negatives, god bless you, but I think that crap is 10x more dangerous than any other anabolic compounds we discuss on here.

Stay healthy man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobhead
06-28-2018, 10:31 PM
My accutane course was 6 months also. Your acne will likely come back.

bobhead
06-28-2018, 10:32 PM
My 2 cents might not be popular here, but in my opinion, accutane is some dangerous shit. I took it as a late teen for acne. Yes, it got rid of the acne, but it came at a huge cost. It took me awhile to “get right” after taking it. If you’re not experiencing any negatives, god bless you, but I think that crap is 10x more dangerous than any other anabolic compounds we discuss on here.

Stay healthy man.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkVery contradicting post.

peppers85
06-28-2018, 10:33 PM
Very contradicting post.

How so??

Droid1988
06-28-2018, 10:33 PM
I did 2 months of 40mg split morning and evening. Cleared me up and now I have no breakouts. Mine was all on my back due to AAS. I had no dry skin but had chapped lips, dry eyes and frequent bloody nose. Well worth it. But keep an eye on your liver enzymes. Get bloods drawn. Mine are still elevated and I stopped accutane in April.

Themaskedrider
06-29-2018, 01:03 AM
I did 2 months of 40mg split morning and evening. Cleared me up and now I have no breakouts. Mine was all on my back due to AAS. I had no dry skin but had chapped lips, dry eyes and frequent bloody nose. Well worth it. But keep an eye on your liver enzymes. Get bloods drawn. Mine are still elevated and I stopped accutane in April.

Good advice right here. I’m assuming since you’re already running it that you aren’t experiencing any other more serious sides like suicidal thoughts. My dr compared accutane like chemo for your skin. I was lucky and didn’t experience any major sides. I was at the end of my rope though with the acne. Worked my ass off to get fit but then embarrassed to ever take my shirt off because of the acne. Not even to mention how painful the acne was...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro