PDA

View Full Version : Test level question

Camzilla
02-22-2012, 10:57 PM
I had a guy come in last week with a complaint of "low T". I pulled the lab queue and ordered "testosterone, free, male", along with a thyroid panel. While in there I ordered my own as well. He had the work done and I got his results back today. The reference ranges were 8.2-25.7.
This is a different range of numbers than what I have seen on Lab work from posts. Is it just that labcorp publishes their results in a different format, or is there a more specific test that I could've ordered. There were probably 10 different testosterone tests available, I just figured "free, male" was likely the right one. His came back at 10.2, so I wrote him a referral to endo. Interested to see what my numbers are. Any thoughts?
Edited for typos.

tilltheend
02-23-2012, 01:06 AM
You can find a blood test online and send it away to a lab. I think they are around 100$, I have never done one, but I have heard of members on BOP talking about them.

SPEEDY
02-23-2012, 03:09 AM
I had mine tested before I started this cycle. To my surprise I was a bit above 700!!!

REDRUM
02-25-2012, 10:29 AM
I had a guy come in last week with a complaint of "low T". I pulled the lab queue and ordered "testosterone, free, male", along with a thyroid panel. While in there I ordered my own as well. He had the work done and I got his results back today. The reference ranges were 8.2-25.7.
This is a different range of numbers than what I have seen on Lab work from posts. Is it just that labcorp publishes their results in a different format, or is there a more specific test that I could've ordered. There were probably 10 different testosterone tests available, I just figured "free, male" was likely the right one. His came back at 10.2, so I wrote him a referral to endo. Interested to see what my numbers are. Any thoughts?
Edited for typos.

Those are your free test levels, the actual levels are what you are looking for. In a normal male it should range between 200-800ng/dl, depending on ur age say youre in your mid 30's about 400 is average. Im on the other end of the spectrum, didnt do pct when I first started, and fucked up my natty production for life, my last test was a year ago, 102ng/dl...OUCH!!! My doc is good to me, and gives me a 300mg a week dose, by prescribing depo test(cyp) 10mls, and enanthate the 5mls..all 200mg/ml...there is no such thing as an american made 250mg test e, thats all european or made by compound labs, or our sponsors here

Eroids_Hater
02-25-2012, 01:13 PM
you're looking at 'Free Test' there's also a panel for "Total Test" and that's the big numbers that are usually posted bro :) but free test is also helpful

machine85
04-29-2013, 10:12 PM
You.wamt.your free male test don.an.ur total .male test i get my test levels done every 4 weeks and usually you're free male test is what you're looking at as far as how good your gears is each lab also does its own style of testing mine comes,bax mesured in a pg/ml thts all i care about an al labs have,diff levles and tht thy rage u by my free male,test for me a 26year old shld be useing the pg/ml mesurmets shld fall.between.47 an 244 pg/ml 47 to 244 is where you're supposed to be smwer about tjet but for someone who's on ppgear and it uses a lot of it like me my lab at free male test came back at 2123 its susposed.to b betwrem 47 and244 pg/ ml my levels were the highest the doctor has ever seen after dilution the retest again an tell u in my case that I'm hav 12 .1 times mr test in me than.a avrage,man ther ratio is 1.6 to 2.9 max(im 12.1x higher) i can send pic for anone.tht doubts.my levles thnk u all machine