PDA

View Full Version : WHO LIKES SUSHI???

STEROID
02-27-2012, 12:50 AM
WHO LIKES SUSHI????

Sushi is very very healthy!!!!!!!!!!!
Probably- nah not forget probably- it IS the most anabolic meal you could ever have.
I will tell you why!!!!!

Uncooked fish: Fish is the easist protein to digest, and protein content hasn't been damaged by heat. Healthy fats all up in it too.

Rice: It is not made with regular white rice. It is actually sticky rice. It sticks together because of the high glucose content of sticky rice also known as Sweet rice.

So if you are eating tons of clean protein with a high glycemic carb that spikes insulin which shuttles nutrients into muscles what do you have??

One super anabolic meal perfect for the first solid meal after a workout.
Plus tastes good as heck!!!!!!!!!!

The bad news????
I pop those sushi rolls like tic tacs!!

Look at this picture. NOW THIS IS HOW TO GROW MUSCLE!!!!!
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/98/206804375_1d6e96d459.jpg

STEROID
02-27-2012, 12:50 AM
A few more facts on Sushi................

Types

Sushi is a combination of cooked, flavored rice and vegetables, fish, seafood and sea vegetables, according to The World's Healthiest Foods. In contrast, sashimi refers to sliced, raw fish that is often dipped in soy sauce. Sushi is sometimes wrapped in nori, a kelp and seaweed-based wrapper that enfolds the rice and filling and is rolled tightly. These rolls are sliced and served sliced-side up. The Colorado State Extension Office SafeFood Rapid Response Network shows that sushi is not limited to raw fish, and cooked seafood, including shrimp and eel, are traditional ingredients in many sushi items.

Calories

The Sushi FAQ website shows the nutritional value of common sushi flavors. Restaurants that personalize their offerings may vary the ingredients and portions, so the nutritional content may be slightly different for each restaurant. Most often, the larger rolls are cut into eight slices. The popular California roll, made with cucumber, avocado and surimi, or imitation crabmeat, provides 255 calories per roll. The unagi, or eel, and avocado roll contains 372 calories.
Fiber

The Sushi FAQ website shows that the California roll and the unagi and avocado roll provide 5.8 g fiber. In contrast, the kappa maki, or cucumber, roll provides only 3.5 g fiber. Some sushi versions use brown rice or other types of rice, and the fiber value is higher for those types. Vegetable-based sushi rolls are also higher in fiber because they often contain carrots, cucumbers, avocados and sea vegetables.
Fat

The fat content of the sushi rolls varies by the type of fish and the type of spread that could be mixed into the filling. The spicy tuna roll sometimes contains mayonnaise, and the fat can increase. Salmon and tuna are naturally fatty fish, so sushi that contains these fish will be higher in fat, the Texas Department of State Health Services Seafood and Aquatic Life Group shows. Shrimp naturally provide cholesterol. The Sushi FAQ website reports that the California roll contains 7 g fat per roll, and the unagi and avocado roll provides 17 g fat. The spicy tuna roll adds 11 g fat. Lower-fat sushi options include the kappa maki roll and the tuna roll, which both provide 2 g or less of fat.
Carbohydrates

Rice, the base of sushi, is high in carbohydrates. However, not much rice is used to make most sushi rolls. If possible, choose brown rice when ordering sushi, because you will gain the added nutritional benefits of fiber and some vitamins. Most rolls, the Sushi FAQ website shows, provide 28 to 38 g carbohydrates. However, the shrimp tempura roll provides nearly twice as many carbohydrates, because the shrimp is breaded before it is fried and incorporated into a rice roll.
Considerations

Sushi can be a fun meal, but the calories are significant. If you are concerned about controlling your calorie and fat intake, choose vegetable-based sushi and select fish that are naturally lean, such as white fish. Avoid fish mixtures, like the spicy tuna roll, which could contain mayonnaise, because they add fat and calories. Ask your restaurant server for exact nutrition information. Choose just two rolls and a salad to make a full meal. Choose tea over mixed or alcoholic beverages to control your calorie intake.

Be sure to enjoy sushi at a reputable restaurant, because food safety is extremely important when it comes to raw fish. The Colorado State Extension Office SafeFood Rapid Response Network stresses that individuals with immature or compromised immune systems, such as children, the elderly and those with chronic diseases, should enjoy only cooked seafood items.

GD
02-27-2012, 01:41 AM
I'm a massive fan. Of suschi...4. Times a week...had it. For dinner tonight as a matter of fact....lol

IronFox
02-27-2012, 01:45 AM
I thought sushi is what you get when you eat muff :p

Seriously I prefer sashimi and its so good!

STEROID
02-27-2012, 01:50 AM
I thought sushi is what you get when you eat muff :p

Seriously I prefer sashimi and its so good!

Sashimi is basically sushi without the rice and accompaniments.LOL

STEROID
02-27-2012, 01:52 AM
I'm a massive fan. Of suschi...4. Times a week...had it. For dinner tonight as a matter of fact....lol

I like it as well.

ajdonutz
02-27-2012, 02:21 AM
love sushi.. if it wasnt expensive id eat it all the damn time

STEROID
02-28-2012, 11:16 PM
love sushi.. if it wasnt expensive id eat it all the damn time

It can be a little pricey but well worth it.LOL

BIGBOSS
02-28-2012, 11:22 PM
Eel roll is the best

Camzilla
02-29-2012, 12:41 AM
Spent three glorious years living in Japan. Never had sushi before that. Fully hooked on it now. Used to go on weekends to a place that had the fish tank an that was the menu. Pick what you wanted and out came the net. I never thought I woulda liked it but I'm all in now.

tilltheend
02-29-2012, 01:14 PM
That looks great.

STEROID
02-29-2012, 07:08 PM
Spent three glorious years living in Japan. Never had sushi before that. Fully hooked on it now. Used to go on weekends to a place that had the fish tank an that was the menu. Pick what you wanted and out came the net. I never thought I woulda liked it but I'm all in now.

I was also in Japan and learned to like it there as well.Okinawa actually.

Camzilla
02-29-2012, 07:46 PM
Courtney, Hansen, or Kadena? I was with 1st MAW, MAG-12.

STEROID
02-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Courtney, Hansen, or Kadena? I was with 1st MAW, MAG-12.

Camp Hansen.OORAH!!!

Camzilla
02-29-2012, 10:45 PM
I figgered. Corpsman here. You musta been one of those 3MEF BMF'ers. Walkin' Dead yut!

FrankTheTank
03-01-2012, 04:32 AM
I love the stuff too!! You can get it with brown rice here. Shrimp tempura is one of my favorites probably not one of the best choices because its fried but its delicious!

mikeyg51
03-01-2012, 03:40 PM
HUGE sushi fan, and living in the town I live in, sushi joints are EVERYWHERE! I have been wondering the average nutritional content of a sushi roll or piece of sashimi, but have never taken the time to look it up..sweet post bro

mth496
03-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Looks good, smells good and taste great. But i kind of been in the mood for lobster.

STEROID
03-01-2012, 11:29 PM
I figgered. Corpsman here. You musta been one of those 3MEF BMF'ers. Walkin' Dead yut!

FUCKIN A RIGHT!!!!! KILL KILL KILL!!!! KILL EM ALL AND LET GOD SORT EM OUT!!!

professorx
03-02-2012, 08:41 AM
the same. if it wasnt expensive i eat sushi even during the night. omg

mikeyg51
03-31-2012, 08:58 PM
was cruising around the site and re-found this thread...DAMN, 2 spicy salmon rolls, tempura, with some smoked salmon sushi pieces:)