View Full Version : Ostarine

animal87
02-28-2012, 01:02 PM
Ostarine - SARMs Profile

(a/k/a/ SARM-4, S-4)
Family: Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator
Half Life: About 4 hours
Formula: C19 H18 F3 N3 O6
Chemical Structure: S-3-(4-acetylamino-phenoxy)-2-hydroxy-2-methyl-N-(4-nitro-3-trifluoromethyl-phenyl)-propionamide
Anabolic Rating: Similar to Testosterone Propionate
Facts: Ostarine (*S-4) is a Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator produced by GTx Inc, which is currently in the investigational stages of development. A SARM is exactly what it sounds like: a compound (not an anabolic steroid) which has the ability to stimulate the androgen receptor (much the same way as anabolic steroids). Unfortunately, due to its status as a drug still in the developmental stage, most of the research on it has been done in rodents and trials only.
S-4 is an orally active (and highly bioavailable) selective agonist for androgen receptors which was shown to have anabolic effects in muscle and bone tissue. It has been shown to have no measurable effect on lutenizing hormone (LH) or follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), but it has been shown to have some effect on prostate weight, with an androgenic potency around 1/3rd of its anabolic potency (1). Still, this is a good trade-off, because it’s anabolic effect has been measured to be roughly the same as testosterone. It has also been shown to produce dose-dependent increases in bone mineral density and mechanical strength in addition to being able decrease body fat and increase lean body mass (2).
Unfortunately, it has a short half-life in humans of only 4 hours (3), and thus far has only gone through phase II clinical testing in humans (4).
Practical Use: This compound has potential use for all aspects of male hormone replacement therapy, and could eventually replace testosterone for this purpose. Since there is currently no accepted test for SARMs, athletes who are subject to drug testing would find it to be a suitable replacement for anabolic steroid use. Since it doesn’t effect LH or FSH, it may also be a highly useful anabolic agent to be used while attempting post-cycle therapy.
Side Effects: Prostate enlargement (1/3rd of what is seen with testosterone) and potential acne are potential side effects, although most users don’t report either of them; much more common are vision problems (floaters, yellow-tinged vision). Water retention, gynecomastia, and most other steroid-related side effects are probably not possible. In addition, inhibition of natural hormone levels is probably minimal or nonexistent at worst.

Typical Dose: 100 milligrams prior to workouts and 100 milligrams in the morning (on non-workout days) appears to work best.
Stacks Well With: S-4 can be used in place of testosterone in virtually any cycle. In a very practical sense, because it causes no water retention, I suspect that it will be used very successfully in the final stages of pre-contest cycles for bodybuilders (or as a very potent stand-alone for athletes under doping controls).
Producing/Developing Company:
Ostarine by GTx Inc.

neoclassical
03-26-2012, 02:33 AM
thanks animal!

Thesuperwallaby
03-12-2013, 12:16 AM
Glad my buddy mentioned this thing to me could be worth throwing in the pct

Greenegorilla2
03-12-2013, 12:41 AM
Anyone have actual experience running these?

jdb3
03-13-2013, 06:01 PM
Typical Dose: 100 milligrams prior to workouts and 100 milligrams in the morning (on non-workout days) appears to work best

I didnt realize it needed to be ran so high! Thanks for the post.

BUMP

joebob
03-13-2013, 06:44 PM

Yes I have ran it at 50 mg a day. It felt wet oddly enough I had a lot of water retention mild builder over all. 50mg a day of ironmaglabs supplement 45days mild suppression of my natty testosterone levels so I would say dodge it in pct. I can't even imagine running this anywhere near 200mg a day maybe with caber & a AI;

jdb3
03-13-2013, 06:56 PM
I just checked their page out....doesnt say how much ostarine is in one cap...just a bunch of crap about support ingrediants. Whats the mg of osta per serv?

joebob
03-13-2013, 07:02 PM
I just checked their page out....doesnt say how much ostarine is in one cap...just a bunch of crap about support ingrediants. Whats the mg of osta per serv?

I had to edit my post because I couldn't remember couldn't find it on their site either I think it was 10mg a cap.

Greenegorilla2
03-13-2013, 08:39 PM
Doesn't sound worth it to me.

joebob
03-13-2013, 11:13 PM
Doesn't sound worth it to me.

I would just consider it to be like any other hormone it will probably have its place where it is useful it's just finding its niche and dose right now.

Nitszo
05-29-2013, 10:36 AM
Interesting read!

skyrim
02-13-2014, 03:49 AM
I ran this along with LGD-4033. I thought it was a waste of money. Didn't really get anything out of it except a lighter wallet

CTFaygo
02-14-2014, 05:34 PM
I took Ostarine from Great White Peptides and I liked it a lot. I ran it at 25 mg per day ED and I thought the results were pretty good for $80 per bottle. It was my first step into the world beyond the supplement store for strength gains. I've also recommended it to a few friends I know are sketchy on real gear and wouldn't trust them to let them know that I'm on anyway.

I will say 100% though that LGD is junk!! I paid a buttload when it first came out expecting great things and I was horribly disappointed.