PDA

View Full Version : Venison Sloppy Joes

STEROID
02-29-2012, 12:14 AM
Venison Sloppy Joes

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9587/10880984.jpg (http://img109.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10880984.jpg)

Servings 6

Ingredients:

2 lbs venison
1 medium onion , diced
1 medium green bell pepper , diced
3 garlic cloves , diced
¼ cup brown sugar
1 ½ tablespoons of apple sider vinegar
1⁄3 cup water
1 cup ketchup
1 (8 ounce) can low sodium tomato sauce
2 tablespoons low sodium Worcestershire sauce
1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt substitute
1 teaspoon black pepper

Directions:

1. In a medium sauce pan cook Venison, onion, bell pepper, and garlic on medium/low heat until the vegetables are transparent.
2. While meat is cooking, in a small bowl combined all other ingredients.
3. Pour sauce over meat and combined well.
4 Let simmer over medium/high heat for 25-30 minutes.

Nutritional Facts for Venison Sloppy Joes

Serving Size: 1 (266 g)

Servings Per Recipe: 6

Amount Per Serving

Calories 292
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 126 mg
Sodium 887 mg
Total Carbohydrate 27 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 21 g
Protein 37 g

PAiN
02-29-2012, 12:24 AM
Anything with venison is good!

It's funny I was just talking to a good friend of mine and we were saying we haven't had sloppy joe's in years lol. Time to add them to our meal plan. Thanks FIST.

IronFox
02-29-2012, 12:47 AM
mmm sloppy joes have been my fave and messiest food to eat and this variation is damned good so will try this as well as I get plenty of venison from my hunter friends

STEROID
02-29-2012, 01:12 AM
Anything with venison is good!

It's funny I was just talking to a good friend of mine and we were saying we haven't had sloppy joe's in years lol. Time to add them to our meal plan. Thanks FIST.

You're welcome.See I was reading your mind.LOL.

Yea,I love Venison and this sloppy joe made with Venison is awesome brother.

Camzilla
02-29-2012, 01:15 AM
Agreed! Venison is a favorite in our house. I bow hunt, so we always got some in the freezer. Got a bunch of gator in there today. Gotta figure out something good to do with that.

wonstopx
02-29-2012, 05:45 AM
F.I.S.T. I FUCKING LOVE YOU BRO NO HOMO! Sloppy Joes havent ate them in years since high school!!!! I remember i would ask everyone if they wanted theirs they would mainly reply with a no and i would snatch them!! This is one recipe i will be using!

STEROID
02-29-2012, 08:18 PM
Agreed! Venison is a favorite in our house. I bow hunt, so we always got some in the freezer. Got a bunch of gator in there today. Gotta figure out something good to do with that.

Then try this one out brother.It calls for Alligator sausage but you can sub alligator meat instead........ http://www.brotherhoodofpain.com/showthread.php?5267-Alligator-Sausage-amp-Chicken-Jambalaya&p=58451#post58451

STEROID
02-29-2012, 08:18 PM
F.I.S.T. I FUCKING LOVE YOU BRO NO HOMO! Sloppy Joes havent ate them in years since high school!!!! I remember i would ask everyone if they wanted theirs they would mainly reply with a no and i would snatch them!! This is one recipe i will be using!

LMAO.Much love back at ya brotha.I think you'll love this version of them man.