PDA

View Full Version : Khabib vs Mcgregor

Fancycat69
08-07-2018, 09:02 PM
Who you guys got??

Khabib’s grappling is on another level. However Conor just needs one good punch and it’s game over. I’m rooting for Khabib cause I can’t stand mcgregors personality but it will be an interesting fight for sure

bdad
08-09-2018, 07:25 AM
Who you guys got??

Khabib’s grappling is on another level. However Conor just needs one good punch and it’s game over. I’m rooting for Khabib cause I can’t stand mcgregors personality but it will be an interesting fight for sure

I'm pulling for Mcgregor.

BadGas
08-09-2018, 09:32 AM
Who you guys got??

The 2 year wait since the boxing max has left a huge void in the UFC.. For those of us who have enjoyed the UFC over the years... this fight is long overdue. The upside here is that both contenders are legit..

I expect a great fight ... but as always.. because of the different styles between the 2 fighters it could mean a quick fight. I could easily see a scenario where someone gets knocked out cold or someone else gets tapped the fuck out in Rd 1 or 2.. You know how these fights go.. Both fighters waiting for that 1 mistake.

Drillit
08-09-2018, 05:41 PM
I’m all for CM. I love his douche attitude and shit talking. I know it’s a turn off to a lot of guys but I always get a kick out of it for sure.

AFK AFK AFK
08-09-2018, 05:47 PM
Khabib is a killer and unlike any openent Magregor has ever faced. He is vicious and relentless. The fight should be good to watch and well oversue.

Fancycat69
08-09-2018, 08:13 PM
I’m all for CM. I love his douche attitude and shit talking. I know it’s a turn off to a lot of guys but I always get a kick out of it for sure.

Ya I can’t stand it lol.

Dont wanna be old
08-09-2018, 08:35 PM
Other than Diaz I thought CM was always the bigger contender.
I think size has to do with striking power .
Be aweome to see CM get knocked down a notch if you ask me .
Arrogant fool attacking the UFC bus like a punk .
DWBO

Fancycat69
08-09-2018, 09:38 PM
Khabib has the grappling skills to control and dominate the match. However, with Conor’s boxing skills all it requires is one good punch. For that reason I think Conor will win, but I’m rooting for Khabib

born
08-09-2018, 10:49 PM
I honestly don't know anything about either any more but connor runs his mouth for one reason, $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

No way I would step back into a low paying ufc fight after what he cleared for losing. He depends on the haters. Lots and lots of guys have had fights and careers like his but they made much much less money. They weren't as mouthy.

Connor used his mouth to make more money than any mma fighter in history and he did it all with haters.

Bombarinos
08-14-2018, 01:48 PM
Other than Diaz I thought CM was always the bigger contender.
I think size has to do with striking power .
Be aweome to see CM get knocked down a notch if you ask me .
Arrogant fool attacking the UFC bus like a punk .
DWBO

D i tell everyone ufc is taking notes from wwe storylines brother make money build hype for fights been done for years dana white is smart super smart just like vince mcmann pulling from ufc roster

Xtreme4Life
08-14-2018, 02:34 PM
I respect Conor's skillset, but I think Khabib is a bad matchup for him. However, Conor's left can potentially find that sweetspot and I don't know that even Khabib won't go to sleep if it lands just right.

With all that said, I'll put money on whoever is the underdog in this fight.

Xtreme4Life
08-15-2018, 10:18 PM
Got my tickets earlier today. Can't wait to see this fight live!

Ryujiin
08-17-2018, 08:56 AM
CM will take it be ealry R1 knockout. Hate to say it, but CM has the power in his hands and
Khabib is a slow starter. Aldo all over again.

Then again, really want to see GSP rag doll and wrestle fk CM when that is setup.

Ihateantifa
08-26-2018, 11:27 PM
They're both bad mother fuckers really. Khabib can throw hands but, CM may have him outgunned. I'm pulling for Khabib because he shows respect and good sportsmanship. CM is a wildcard and his mouth never stops moving. As long as its a good fight I'll be happy.

Uttukuxul
08-27-2018, 03:05 PM
Khabib needs to watch that left and slips/fakes. If he studied CM then he will be able to leg ride him into oblivion. But CM is no slouch in training - for all the shit he talks (which, as previously stated is for $) he really puts in the work in the lab.

Beetlegeuse
08-27-2018, 07:20 PM
I think McGregor is overrated and overhyped. He can't spell "cardio," never had a KO/TKO past the second round, and he's got no ground game. If Khabib doesn't make an "Aldo" mistake and can get inside without getting put to sleep, it'll be a short fight.

bamboosolid
08-31-2018, 02:32 AM
I think McGregor is overrated and overhyped. He can't spell "cardio," never had a KO/TKO past the second round, and he's got no ground game. If Khabib doesn't make an "Aldo" mistake and can get inside without getting put to sleep, it'll be a short fight.You don't become a champion in the UFC by being overrated buddy...

Khabib to win

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

kubes
08-31-2018, 03:03 AM
As long as khabib pushes CM through the first round I see no way that CM can keep up with Khabib’s cardio. It’s just on another level

Beetlegeuse
09-01-2018, 11:43 PM
You don't become a champion in the UFC by being overrated buddy...

So you're saying EVERY UFC champion EVER has either been under-rated or spot-on? Do you have an idea of the statistical improbability of that happening? And by the way, that necessarily also would mean that no favored champion EVER lost a title defense. EVER. Which is more than a little absurd.

bamboosolid
09-03-2018, 08:20 AM
So you're saying EVERY UFC champion EVER has either been under-rated or spot-on? Do you have an idea of the statistical improbability of that happening? And by the way, that necessarily also would mean that no favored champion EVER lost a title defense. EVER. Which is more than a little absurd.Umm no, once again, you're saying all that and making assumptions about what I think! Gee whizz ?

If you think a champion is overrated, then that doesn't say much for the rest of the division!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

JACKFTYPE
09-24-2018, 08:41 PM
Atlas labs contest! Guess who's going to win this and if you're right, get yourself some free gear!!!

https://brotherhoodofpain.com/atlas-labs-domestic-and-international/55060-ufc-gear-giveaway-contest-mcgregor-khabib-winner.html

korsaire
09-24-2018, 09:32 PM
i cant wait for mcnugget to get knock out or better to tap out

swolesoul
09-25-2018, 05:03 AM
CM has faced more skilled opponents, a lot of Kabibs fights were against so so competition. Conor by knockout or kabib by sub. Could go either way.

andyjames77
10-03-2018, 11:13 AM

All the MMA buff around the globe are anticipating the upcoming event. Those in the UK with a PPV are covered. However, those without a cable or any other streaming subscription also have nothing to worry about! Fans can watch McGregor vs Khabib FREE Stream (https://blog.fastestvpn.com/watch-mcgregor-vs-khabib-free-stream/) from anywhere in the world with this simple guide!

The fight is scheduled for October 6, 2018, on a Saturday. This is a comprehensive schedule for all those fans who want to save the dates for McGregor vs Khabib live online.

joseroid
10-06-2018, 03:26 AM
Whoever thinks Conor is going to win, just watch the Mendez fight again fools. hehehe
Mendez took it in short notice, did a lot of damage, had no problem taking Conor down, but he gassed out. Khabib is bigger and better wrestler, not going to gas out. Conor needs a perfect fight and land that one shot to win, much easier to execute khabib's strategy.

joseroid
10-06-2018, 03:28 AM
yeah it could go either way, but its more likely for khabib to get his sub because its easier for him to take conor down than for conor to knock him out. either way doesnt mean 50/50. Good fite though, def watching it

RockDawg
10-06-2018, 04:48 AM
Whoever thinks Conor is going to win, just watch the Mendez fight again fools. hehehe
Mendez took it in short notice, did a lot of damage, had no problem taking Conor down, but he gassed out. Khabib is bigger and better wrestler, not going to gas out. Conor needs a perfect fight and land that one shot to win, much easier to execute khabib's strategy.
This

5millionbucks
10-07-2018, 05:00 PM
I cant believe I actually predicted rear naked choke for Khabib 4th round.

Fancycat69
10-07-2018, 05:25 PM
I cant believe I actually predicted rear naked choke for Khabib 4th round.

Yeah u can’t get more accurate than that lol. I could have foreseen a submission but not a rear naked choke

kubes
10-07-2018, 05:41 PM
I figured Khibib would grind him but it’s to bad the things happened after

astevens2
10-12-2018, 04:39 AM
Khabib all day

Fullblown
10-19-2018, 06:01 PM
Khabib ruined him

astevens2
10-22-2018, 06:32 AM
Khabibs wrestling is going to dictate so much

Beetlegeuse
10-22-2018, 06:51 PM
Khabibs wrestling is going to dictate so much

McGregor's shit ground game lights the path to victory for all his opponents.

Fancycat69
10-22-2018, 10:36 PM
Let’s talk now!!

As khabib smashes Conor’s face lol

Beetlegeuse
10-23-2018, 07:18 PM
McGregor's account of how the fight went (https://mmajunkie.com/2018/10/conor-mcgregor-round-by-round-analysis-reflection-loss-khabib-nurmagomedov):

Thoughts on my last fight.

Round 1. I believe from a sport standpoint, round 1 was his. Top position against the fence. Zero position advancement or damage inflicted. But top position. From a fight standpoint the first round is mine. Actual shots landed and a willingness to engage. Straight left early. Knee to the head on the low shot. Elbows in any and all tie up scenarios. Opponent just holding the legs against the fence for almost the entire round.

Round 2 he is running away around the cage before being blessed with a right hand that changed the course of the round, and the fight. It was a nice shot.

After the shot I bounced back up to engage instantly, but again he dipped under to disengage. That is the sport and it was a smart move that led to a dominant round, so no issue. Well played. If I stay switched on and give his stand up even a little more respect, that right hand never gets close and we are talking completely different now. I gave his upright fighting no respect in preparation. No specific stand up spars whatsoever. Attacking grapplers/wrestlers only. That won’t happen again. I also gave my attacking grappling no respect. To defense minded.

Lessons. Listen to nobody but yourself on your skill set.You are the master of your own universe.I am the master of this. I must take my own advice.

Round 3. After the worst round of my fighting career, I come back and win this round. Again walking forward, walking him down, and willing to engage.

Round 4. My recovery was not where it could have been here.That is my fault.Although winning the early exchanges in 4, he dips under again and I end up in a bad position with over 3 on the clock. I work to regain position and end up upright, with my back to the fence.A stable position.Here however, I made a critical error of abandoning my over hook at this crucial time, exposing the back, and I end up beaten fair and square. What can I say? It was a great fight and it was my pleasure.

I will be back with my confidence high. Fully prepared. If it is not the rematch right away, no problem. I will face the next in line. It’s all me always, anyway.

See you soon my fighting fans I love you all

Khabib's explanation (https://mmajunkie.com/2018/10/ufc-229-brawl-khabib-nurmagomedov-defers-blame-rips-conor-mcgregor) for the donnybrook after the fight:

“I no understand how people can talk about I jump on cage. He talk about my religion, he talk about my country, he talk about my father. He come to Brooklyn, and he broke bus. He almost kill a couple people, worry about this (expletive). Why people talk about I jump on cage? Why people still talk about this? I no understand. My California seven years. Everybody know who I am. All my friends. Everybody who know me, they know who I am.”

Beetlegeuse
10-24-2018, 06:45 PM
NSAC extended the temporary suspension for both fighters indefinitely, at least until a full NSAC hearing on 10 December. They also decided to release half of Khabib's $2 mil purse with disposition of the other half to be decided at the full hearing. No charges (at this point) against anybody else.

Beetlegeuse
12-18-2018, 06:57 PM
I'm not sure where this stands -- accounts vary -- but (obviously) the 10th of December has come and gone. One source claims McGregor got a continuance but offered no details as to when he would have to stand before the man.

And some sources claim that Nurmagomedov's father is stating his son already has reached an agreement with NSAC, and that he'll be fined half a mil USD and be suspended for nine months (but he wasn't clear about when the suspension would begin). And supposedly the NSAC will make its announcement on 29 January.