PDA

View Full Version : Low Test

Camzilla
03-05-2012, 09:37 PM
So my initial labs came back and I'm suckin'. Not only was my test not within the Labcorp ranges, it was also below the AMA and AUA prescribed ranges. We re-ordered the test along with LH, prolactin, SHBG, FSH, and lipids. My lipids from last month along with my crit were fine, but if they're taking blood anyway....

This sucks man, bad. I suppose the only thing I can hope for is that they are low again, or maybe a high SHBG. At least then I can run down to the pharmacy and pick up some for self admin. I really wish they were within spec, as this is not what I hoped for. It does give me options for test legit, but I still hate that my body is slacking on me.
I'm politicking pretty hard right now for one last operational tour before I retire so I really need to get my edge back before heading down range again.
All in all, I'm fucking bummed.

Ttownmudder
03-06-2012, 01:31 AM
Bro don't be so hard on yourself.....I mean low test is great compared to the things some people have wrong with them and thanks for fighting for our country man

bigpimpdaddy
03-06-2012, 02:19 AM
Cam..What were the numbers bro? I had the same issue and was bummed also..Began some treatment for low T ..legit I might add..
And now I feel better than ever....So don't give in bro things can be fixed...

REDRUM
03-06-2012, 04:34 AM
Ditto to what BPD said...remember you got free test levels, you want total test levels. low test levels arent the end brotha, its the lack of the hormone fucking with ur brain...test controls so much of what drives us as men, when we are lacking it seems like everything else faded away as well...a shot a week will clear that right up

mth496
03-06-2012, 04:49 AM
Yea dont be to hard on your self bro. Your still up and running. A shot a week will do you well man.

psa5
03-06-2012, 08:51 PM
@CamZilla, what testosterone lab test did you have done? Be sure to do both Total Testosterone and Free Testosterone. What are your current physical, mental, and psychological symptoms? Be sure to get your prolactin and thyroid measured as well.

EDIT:
This is what I would suggest getting tested:
TT
FT
E2
LH/FSH
Prolactin
TSH, with fT3, fT4

Camzilla
03-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the support Bro's, I appreciate it. The initial was free. The ranges were 8.0-27.5, I came in at 6 flat.
Symptoms are moodiness, lethargy, and low libido. I can knock the bottom off my wife without issue, just no desire to do it.
I'm still pissed that my body is rebelling, but I'm gonna see this through. I can talk to my Doc tomorrow about adding additional labs, that won't be an issue. Truth is he is having me write all my own notes and order my own labs so I guess I'm steering this thing, one of the bennies of working as a healthcare provider.
It fucks me off because I just reenlisted for the last time and REALLY want to do one last operational tour before I retire. This could put an unexpected roadblock in front of me as I recently had another problem pop up.
In any case, I gotta quit the freakin whining or this will turn into some Oprah session. I'm gonna be good to go, just gotta clear out a few things first.
Again, I appreciate you guys posting up. Good peeps here.

Crowley
03-06-2012, 10:53 PM
I'm with ya Bro... low test is a bitch...feels like your dragging your tail. Im going through this right now. I tried going the legal route and going to a Doc and also tried a few online clinics but they are way to fucking high and the Docs in my area are fucking clueless about TRT Treatment. All I hear from them is your levels are normal for a man in his 40's! Normal as in the fucking bottom! WTF! I don't want to feel fucking 40. I want to feel 20!!!! So im here now looking for a good source to get my meds from.

psa5
03-07-2012, 03:20 AM
No problem brother, with good advice and the fact that your running the show, things will be much easier for the time being. Your typical doctor is damn near clueless to these conditions and generally signs off for irrelevant and/or not enough tests to be done. Get those tests I outlined above to start with and post the results WITH their specified ranges (different labs use different procedures for testing and results can vary accordingly). What looks off on one test can be fine on another depending on what testing method is used.

Also, please share your age, history of AAS use (hormones, length, pct, etc.), as well as ANY other drug used in the past as well (ie. finasteride, dutasterdie, T3, bromo, caber, etc...)

If you have any more Q's post or PM me.

Camzilla
03-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Repeat labs are back. My doc really is kinda clueless here. I printed a few studies on hypogonadism and am working hard to get him up to speed, but it's tuff bcuz he's a FP. Test free was low again. Prolactin and FSH were norm. LH was high, which confuses me. So I just wrote an order for test E. i'll try that for 12 weeks and see how that works for me. Our pharm didn't have it in stock so I spent the morning waiting on the distributor, but they pulled through. My protocol states mandatory PSA. Beforehand, has anyone had any BPH from test?

Thanks a ton for all of your help. I never fail to be surprised at the level of help I get from the Brothers.

WidowMaker
03-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Cam. All above is good advice. Thanks for serving and hold your head up. You have positive options that can fix this.

Camzilla
03-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Thanks WM. just picked up a box of pins and a box of needles. Supply guys are gonna run a new sharps container up to our shop for me. I'm feeling positive at this point. If nothing else I now have free reign to fire away as I'm gonna have test in me regardless of how it gets there.

REDRUM
03-12-2012, 11:33 PM
Thats the attitude to have brotha. Once, you levels get going again, that cloud youve been feeling around ur head will lift. Ive been on hrt for 7 yrs now, but its what happens when you start using gear at 17, and in an age where pct wasnt a common practice, it was evolving into one, but I learned from guys who where using gear while Arnold was Mr O. Its almost guaranteed that all the old school bb'ers and even the pros in the 90's that have retired now are on some kind of HRT regimine...this also opens up the door for GH bro, and there is nothing better than getting a 126ius of Serostim from ur doc. To be honest, the day I got my script and was able to pin test legally again after so many yrs brought back a flood of euphoria, just knowing that its in my body and will continue to be for as long as I wish was a damn good feeling, and all that shit that comes with the lack of just started to fade, and I couldnt wait to see how made in the USA was once again. Youre gonna be fine brotha, and anytime you feel different post it up, thats why we are all here, this is a solid community, especially here on this board

Camzilla
03-13-2012, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the motivation Redrum, I really appreciate it. I'm really in a good place once I sit back and take it all in. I've got good health other than a thing or two related to my time in mil. Great support at home. Great support and knowledge here. And a Doc that albeit inexperienced in patients with low levels, is willing to keep learning. So in hindsight I prolly need to do a little less complaining, an a bit more thanking.
Found out yesterday I'm likely gonna get my final tour pretty soon, psyched about that news.

@PSA5: 39yo. No history of any AAS, or any of the other meds you listed. I've only taken an SSRI longterm (a few trips down range and they hand out scripts like its Halloween). All in all, pretty normal health.