PDA

View Full Version : Sharp pain on the back of my head from squat

Claysario
08-12-2018, 11:46 PM
So on leg day i was doing a fairly heavy squat set. I was working up to a tough 4th set and decided to do a drop set on my 4th set. Dropping weight by 15-20lbs each time, drop the weight 8 times. Fast forwarding, it was intense the most intense day for leg and as i was doing my last set i started getting a sharp pain on the back of my head. It was intense but i still pushed through it. The next day i did a dumbell backrow and i got the same pain on the back of my head. Now today i was having sex and the same thing.

Now because of the intensity of the workout my form was a little off being honest. I was looking down on all these scenerio. Anyone experience this? How should i handle this? Take day and rest from this unknown injury? Go to a doctor?

how should i handle this at the time, icing it or using muscle relaxer fream? And just continue my routine but do decrease of weight for maybe a week and see if i can lift some heavy little by little

Thanks!

webdev
08-13-2018, 02:22 PM
So on leg day i was doing a fairly heavy squat set. I was working up to a tough 4th set and decided to do a drop set on my 4th set. Dropping weight by 15-20lbs each time, drop the weight 8 times. Fast forwarding, it was intense the most intense day for leg and as i was doing my last set i started getting a sharp pain on the back of my head. It was intense but i still pushed through it. The next day i did a dumbell backrow and i got the same pain on the back of my head. Now today i was having sex and the same thing.

Now because of the intensity of the workout my form was a little off being honest. I was looking down on all these scenerio. Anyone experience this? How should i handle this? Take day and rest from this unknown injury? Go to a doctor?

how should i handle this at the time, icing it or using muscle relaxer fream? And just continue my routine but do decrease of weight for maybe a week and see if i can lift some heavy little by little

Thanks!

At the base of your skull, like a very strange headache and pressure buildup?

Or actual pain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Claysario
08-13-2018, 07:16 PM
At the base of your skull, like a very strange headache and pressure buildup?

Or actual pain

at the base of the skull and the pressure builds up

webdev
08-13-2018, 07:23 PM
What I’ve found in this is that I’m not breathing correctly when going very heavy...holding breath through a few reps, etc. that or I’m pulling my head backwards and flexing my traps and neck during these pulls, possibly straining muscles at this point.

I believe the pressure is from breathing incorrectly though, and it carries on for days through normal lifts. Even doing bicep burnouts and immediate getting that base of skull/lower skull headache where the knots are on the back of my head

Claysario
08-13-2018, 07:49 PM
What I’ve found in this is that I’m not breathing correctly when going very heavy...holding breath through a few reps, etc. that or I’m pulling my head backwards and flexing my traps and neck during these pulls, possibly straining muscles at this point.

I believe the pressure is from breathing incorrectly though, and it carries on for days through normal lifts. Even doing bicep burnouts and immediate getting that base of skull/lower skull headache where the knots are on the back of my head

thanks bro for that info, atleast its not an anyersum,

thanks ill keep on resting til it heals

StanleyBr
08-24-2018, 11:20 AM
It's better to visit a doc, bro.. Injury is not a joke

Delta5
08-24-2018, 11:25 AM
Had this exact same thing when I 1st got back in the gym few yrs ago....during sex, had orgasm and crazy pain in the back of head....freaked me the fuk out. Went to Dr, he had heard of it....damaging some nerves from the squat bar is what I did. Started using the pad, positioned bar little lower on my traps....never happened again.