PDA

View Full Version : Just found some unpinned 50ml vias of Sustanton & Deca that I bought in summer of '06.

dtoth
03-09-2012, 06:18 AM
They were stashed in a box in the attic. It gets a little warmer than room temp. during the summer & a little cooler in the winter (I have minimal climate control up there). The exp. date on the bottles is Aug '09. Any idea what health risks there are (most importantly) & how much potency they've lost? I'd hate to throw 100mL away.

Thanks for the help.

Rmewrench
03-09-2012, 12:26 PM
They probly lost very little potency. The military did a study on shelf life of pharmaceuticals that they had stock piled. After 12years the drugs has lost little to no potency at all. The reason they did this was because of the cost of throwing the old shit out and restocking. They found the drugs maintained there potency long after the expiration dates... So why have an expiration date??? Because big drug companys make money when you throw old drugs out and buy new.. just my 2cents for what its worth... If the seals werent compromised I'd go for it....

paolo123
03-09-2012, 12:41 PM
i never throw away exp meds

RS50
03-09-2012, 12:50 PM
This is a post by Dr. Juice at Canadian Juice Monsters that I have always referred back to. Maybe it will clear some things up. Of course, with some UGL stuff it may be a bit different, but that is another issue.

- Checking recent e-mails it surprises me the amount of people that inquire about expiration dates, so I thought I'd make a post about this topic that will clear the air about this seemingly popular topic.

- The expiration date stamped on drugs does stand for something, but probably not what you think it does. Since a law was passed in 1979, drug manufacturers are required to stamp an expiration date on their products. This is a date at which the manufacturer can still guarantee the full potency and safety of the drug.

- Most of what is known about expiration dates comes from a study that was conducted by the Food & Drug Administration at the request of the military. With a large and expensive stockpile of drugs, the military was tossing out and and replacing its drugs every few years. What they found from this extensive study is 90% of more than 100 drugs, both prescription and over-the-counter, were perfectly good to use even 15 years after expiration!

- Medical authorities and as I discovered doctors from the Harvard Medical School both state that expired drugs are safe to take, even those that expired years ago. Its true that the effectiveness of a drug may decrease over time, but much of the original potency still remains even a decade after the expiration date. So keep those anabolics in a cool dry place like the refridgerator, and it will help extend the life for many years.

- In the end, are expiratin dates just a marketing ploy used by drug manufacturers to keep you re-stocking your medicine cabinets regulary (like my mother did every couple years)? -- You can look at it that way, or you can consider that expiration dates are very conservative to ensure your getting everything you paid for. And, really, if drug companies had to do expiration-date testing for longer periods it would slow their ability to bring you new formulations.

- I hope this post ends the debate once and for all regarding product expiration dates and puts some of your minds at ease

http://www.healthandfitnesstalk.com/forum/clear.gif Reply With Quote (http://www.healthandfitnesstalk.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1151955)

bigpimpdaddy
03-10-2012, 02:00 AM
Mail all of that crap to me and I will through it out for you bro....No need in trying to find out if it is good or not..LOL...
I have used some in the past that had expired a couple of years earlier as well..Seems as if it worked just fine..But i did have it in a climate controled room and it did not go thru any extreme heat or cold...Just saying... so I would think it is still good to go if you had it put up the same way...

mth496
03-10-2012, 04:26 AM
Ya they should be good to go, i never toss anything away either.

SteroidUser
03-10-2012, 11:22 AM
hey bro you should toss them, i had major imflamation with some stuff that was about 3 years old. Just make sure to toss them in an envelope with my address on them. lol

bufbiker
03-10-2012, 01:59 PM
I would filter the crap out of it if you decide to use it. Even though it is unopened I assume bacteria could still have built up in there over the years. Especially with the wife range of temps it was exposed to.

REDRUM
03-11-2012, 02:37 AM
I would filter the crap out of it if you decide to use it. Even though it is unopened I assume bacteria could still have built up in there over the years. Especially with the wife range of temps it was exposed to.
agreed, untwist the needle of the syringe pop it in the stopper and pop it in some boiling water for a few minutes, the needle will ventilate the bottle otherwise it will explode on you

DEE151
03-11-2012, 03:47 AM
they are still good and you still can get a nice cycle out of 50ml.
Meds can go a long time after there expiration dates

alterntego
03-11-2012, 10:55 PM
I would pull it all out and whatman it back into a fresh bottle . then cook it how ever it is you prefer . def. filter it and into a fresh bottle though .ya never know what the hell is floating around in there

dtoth
03-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Thanks guys...I'll filter it, put it in a new vial & cook it like it redrum said. Just wondering what size whatman ppl use...I see 0.2 & 0.45 micrometers...any idea which is best for gear?

ODB
03-13-2012, 05:58 PM