PDA

View Full Version : Bitcoin ATM question

2Pack_Sugar
08-21-2018, 12:09 AM
I have a Block Chain wallet and have been reading up on the internet about Bitcoin ATM's to put funds into said wallet. Most of the information that I have read on this talks about scanning a QR code with your mobile phone when you're at the ATM. I believe this has something to do with your wallet ID. Is this possible to do manually without have to use your phone? My cellphone doesn't have a data plan (because I'm cheap), so scanning isn't possible. Or should I just buy coins online with credit card to fund wallet? Can you use prepaid cards for this? I would rather not link a bank account at this time. Thanks.

2Pack

Starhopper
08-21-2018, 01:36 AM
You will need to let the ATM scan the QR code from the device to pick up the wallet ID. It might work if you take a picture of the QR code and present that to the ATM when it wants it.

bobhead
08-21-2018, 02:09 AM
It will work with a picture, even a picture on your phone.

2Pack_Sugar
08-21-2018, 04:25 PM
Gotcha. That makes sense. Appreciate the responses.

2Pack

Teamupgrade4755
09-06-2018, 03:03 PM
I recently used an ATM... Had to try 3 different apps until I found one that would generate a QR that the ATM would read. Ended up working with mycelium. I had read that blockchain often has issues being read at an ATM because of the way they generate the QR? Seems like the ATMs don't have that great of a camera in general. Once I switched wallets, had no issues and was a breeze!

JClapp
09-09-2018, 05:13 PM
How much did the atm rob you of as a "fee"?

Teamupgrade4755
09-11-2018, 12:38 PM
How much did the atm rob you of as a "fee"?

One took $30 for $200 deposit, and other only took $1.50 but neither stated what the actual fees were up front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starhopper
09-11-2018, 01:05 PM
One took $30 for $200 deposit, and other only took $1.50 but neither stated what the actual fees were up front

Normally they will list the fee's in a % on the machine. I have noticed each ATM can be different.

astevens2
10-12-2018, 04:37 AM
Ive used 2 different atms. One required government ID to verify identity and the other did not. Both had fees that were pretty substantial but both times they were different percentages. Either way i lost like 30-40 dollars each time to purchase around 150-200 coins. They robbed my ass. Wish more people would take WU.

KINGPIP
10-13-2018, 04:24 AM
Wish more people would take WU. This. Honestly fuck bitcoin. I can't find one established, reliable source that takes WU. Even panda stopped

kubes
10-13-2018, 12:39 PM
I recently used an ATM... Had to try 3 different apps until I found one that would generate a QR that the ATM would read. Ended up working with mycelium. I had read that blockchain often has issues being read at an ATM because of the way they generate the QR? Seems like the ATMs don't have that great of a camera in general. Once I switched wallets, had no issues and was a breeze!

I have never had a problem scanning the QR code from blockchain

Teamupgrade4755
10-13-2018, 12:53 PM
I tried 2 different ATMs (different companies as well) and would not scan on either. No screen protector or anything. I had read that something to do with the way blockchain displays the boarder of the code? Either way mycelium worked flawlessly.

Couchlockd
10-13-2018, 02:26 PM
I have never had a problem scanning the QR code from blockchain

Our ATM , the damn slot to scan phone would only take a iPhone 3 size phone
No way a 5"+ will fit.

Have to sit there and type a stupid wallet address.

astevens2
10-14-2018, 09:39 PM
For some reason different atms work a little differently. Ive been to a few different ones and each time my experience has been a little different as far as needing an ID or the fees and whatnot