PDA

View Full Version : Slap Tear in left shoulder

Themaskedrider
08-31-2018, 05:49 PM
Got the results from my MRI. Grade 2 Slap Tear in left shoulder. I'm going in for surgery next week. Instead of doing a slap tear repair my surgeon is going to do a Tenotomy. Anyone have any experience with this type of procedure? Recovery time is 6 weeks. Biggest risk is Popeye deformity of the bicep. Any advice or experience would be greatly appreciated!

TMR

bigpapapumpaf
09-03-2018, 05:31 PM
I'm not familiar with tenotomy repair for shoulder. Explain?

BPP

bigadam73
09-03-2018, 07:16 PM
Sorry to hear about the tear bud. I currently have a Slap tear and a bankart tear in my left shoulder. I fell at work. 10 foot drop on top of my head.
Took 4 months through workman’s comp to get a MRI to confirm the tears.
I’ve been doing aggressive physical therapy and it is finally working. The pain is greatly reduced along with a good increase in range of motion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigadam73
09-03-2018, 07:19 PM
Oh and I also have biceps bursitis..they wanna cut and reattach my biceps tendons [emoji46]

BBfan
09-05-2018, 10:19 AM
I'm sorry bro, get well soon

Themaskedrider
09-05-2018, 03:38 PM
I'm not familiar with tenotomy repair for shoulder. Explain?

BPP
they are going to release the bicep tendon where it attaches to the labrum. I go in this evening. supposedly in 6 weeks in a sling i'll be pain free. always nervous getting cut into. But its becoming so painful its getting in the way of working out. I'm ready to just get it over with.

Thanks all for the replies!

TMR

bigadam73
09-07-2018, 03:14 PM
they are going to release the bicep tendon where it attaches to the labrum. I go in this evening. supposedly in 6 weeks in a sling i'll be pain free. always nervous getting cut into. But its becoming so painful its getting in the way of working out. I'm ready to just get it over with.

Thanks all for the replies!

TMR

Good luck man. Please update us with your recovery. I’ll be following closely.

Themaskedrider
09-07-2018, 03:19 PM
Good luck man. Please update us with your recovery. I’ll be following closely.

Out of surgery and home now. Ended up having to stay the night. It was pretty brutal when the nerve block wore off. Once they got in the shoulder they discovered some torn cartilage and bone spurs to clean up as well. I’ll update on my progress. I’m in a sling recovering now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bigadam73
09-07-2018, 03:20 PM
Out of surgery and home now. Ended up having to stay the night. It was pretty brutal when the nerve block wore off. Once they got in the shoulder they discovered some torn cartilage and bone spurs to clean up as well. I’ll update on my progress. I’m in a sling recovering now

Dang dude! Sounds intense. Now I really don’t wanna do surgery [emoji51]

Themaskedrider
09-07-2018, 03:54 PM
I’ll keep u updated. My thought was 2 weeks of pain vs a lifetime it was worth it. It’s time out of the gym that’s the worst part. Total mind fuck. Hopefully by Monday I’ll be able to get on the bike again and keep up on my cardio

bigadam73
09-07-2018, 04:05 PM
I’ll keep u updated. My thought was 2 weeks of pain vs a lifetime it was worth it. It’s time out of the gym that’s the worst part. Total mind fuck. Hopefully by Monday I’ll be able to get on the bike again and keep up on my cardio

Yeah I was told by my docs that recover is around 6-9 months ...no lifting !! I can’t handle that !

sa355355
09-07-2018, 04:09 PM
I had surgery last year to repair a bicep distal tendon rupture and was in a sling for 6 weeks too. The time goes by quick. I kept active by doing light cardio and leg exercises. Good luck bro and keep us updated.

Themaskedrider
09-07-2018, 04:29 PM
Yeah I was told by my docs that recover is around 6-9 months ...no lifting !! I can’t handle that !

That would be a deal breaker for me too. 6 weeks is what they’re saying right now. I can handle that. I go for my first post op on Tuesday. Will
Post up what they say

The smiff
11-01-2018, 11:59 AM
Have had 2 surgeries first was a slap tear 6 months to recover the second had my bicep reattached to about 3 months. You will feel much better but the down time does suck.