PDA

View Full Version : Heart rate question

GmanPLS
09-08-2018, 04:51 PM
My wife has some crazy shit going on with her heart rate and has for years. We just checked her BP and it was 144/95. I know this high and she does have heart issues in her family. She’s 40. The weird thing is is her pulse is 119. She does zero in regards to cardio. But is generally in shape, not athletic but definitely not fat. Who the hell walks around or sits still with a 119 pulse? Any thoughts on what this is or what can make better? Let’s here some smart stuff...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starhopper
09-08-2018, 05:00 PM
Is she in Afib? This is where the top of the heart will skip around while the bottom will keep normal pace. It would feel like heart heart is fluttering or at times skipping. I had Afib and my heart rate was around 130 all the time. When working out I would get to around 160. If it wasn't for the lower part of the heart keeping normal pace it would blow up.. lol At least that is what my cardiologist explained to me.

d-man
09-08-2018, 05:14 PM
My wife has some crazy shit going on with her heart rate and has for years. We just checked her BP and it was 144/95. I know this high and she does have heart issues in her family. She’s 40. The weird thing is is her pulse is 119. She does zero in regards to cardio. But is generally in shape, not athletic but definitely not fat. Who the hell walks around or sits still with a 119 pulse? Any thoughts on what this is or what can make better? Let’s here some smart stuff...

Has she had her hormones checked to see if they were out of ratio? For me if my T to E is out of whack my heart rate increase along with BP. My E has to be higher than range which is in the mid to upper 40’s for my heart to feel good.

GmanPLS
09-08-2018, 05:16 PM
Is she in Afib? This is where the top of the heart will skip around while the bottom will keep normal pace. It would feel like heart heart is fluttering or at times skipping. I had Afib and my heart rate was around 130 all the time. When working out I would get to around 160. If it wasn't for the lower part of the heart keeping normal pace it would blow up.. lol At least that is what my cardiologist explained to me.

Not sure about that. I know very little about this stuff. I know my resting heart rate is a 48 and if I hit 120 that means shit is happening hard core with whatever it is I’m doing. I’ll research what your saying a little further. What did your doc say to help what you had going on?

GmanPLS
09-08-2018, 05:17 PM
I should also add age just started HGH at 2 iu a day. But there has been no change due to this. It’s always been crazy.

GmanPLS
09-08-2018, 05:18 PM
Has she had her hormones checked to see if they were out of ratio? For me if my T to E is out of whack my heart rate increase along with BP. My E has to be higher than range which is in the mid to upper 40’s for my heart to feel good.

At 40 this could be a factor too I guess. Never thought about that.

d-man
09-08-2018, 05:19 PM
At 40 this could be a factor too I guess. Never thought about that.

For sure man. Do a Full thyroid panel also.

Starhopper
09-08-2018, 05:20 PM
Not sure about that. I know very little about this stuff. I know my resting heart rate is a 48 and if I hit 120 that means shit is happening hard core with whatever it is I’m doing. I’ll research what your saying a little further. What did your doc say to help what you had going on?

For me they tried to cardiovert me a couple times to bring back the normal rhythm. When that failed we opted for surgery. A lot of people just live with Afib or take meds to regulate the speed. For me it was too annoying and would make me feel light headed at times.

d-man
09-08-2018, 05:38 PM
For me they tried to cardiovert me a couple times to bring back the normal rhythm. When that failed we opted for surgery. A lot of people just live with Afib or take meds to regulate the speed. For me it was too annoying and would make me feel light headed at times.

My buddy had Afib and got the ablation. He’s a runner and rider and hasn’t had an issue since. Before the surgery he was going in to Afib quite often.

GmanPLS
09-08-2018, 05:47 PM
My buddy had Afib and got the ablation. He’s a runner and rider and hasn’t had an issue since. Before the surgery he was going in to Afib quite often.

What’s the surgery and rehab time?

d-man
09-08-2018, 06:06 PM

I’m waiting to hear back from my boy so I can give you accurate answers.

d-man
09-08-2018, 07:18 PM

Ok so it was an 8 hour surgery and he stayed overnight. He was running(he’s a runner and rider) 7 days after surgery. They actually burn a scar on your heart and this builds a wall which keep unwanted electrical currents from the heart. They can see where the unwanted currents are coming from an basically block them.

GmanPLS
09-08-2018, 07:20 PM
That sounds wild and scary... I guess it’s better than dying

d-man
09-08-2018, 07:22 PM
That sounds wild and scary... I guess it’s better than dying

It’s a pretty common surgery wot a great success rate. Actually had his done in Philly. Some people have more than one in their lifetime. What is your wife’s resting heart rate?

Starhopper
09-08-2018, 07:32 PM
The surgery is where they drill a hole through the wall of your heart to burn the nerves that are firing wrong. Rehab time is only really a week, two days for the surgery and then a couple to really get back into it.. For me it was 6 months.. The Dr ablated the nerve that controls the right hemi diaphragm and collapsed my right lung. Still have that tied up in court. So 99% of the time it is an easy procedure (So they say) but there can be issues.

Starhopper
09-08-2018, 07:34 PM
I see others have answered the question before my post went through. Network dropped a bit and it sat at pending.

GmanPLS
09-08-2018, 07:43 PM
It’s a pretty common surgery wot a great success rate. Actually had his done in Philly. Some people have more than one in their lifetime. What is your wife’s resting heart rate?

About 85

GmanPLS
09-08-2018, 07:45 PM
The surgery is where they drill a hole through the wall of your heart to burn the nerves that are firing wrong. Rehab time is only really a week, two days for the surgery and then a couple to really get back into it.. For me it was 6 months.. The Dr ablated the nerve that controls the right hemi diaphragm and collapsed my right lung. Still have that tied up in court. So 99% of the time it is an easy procedure (So they say) but there can be issues.

Sounds scary bro. Hope it all works out. If a doctor killed my wife I don’t know what the hell I’d do

d-man
09-09-2018, 12:21 AM
About 85

85 is ok . Does it shoot up when do goes from sitting to standing?

GmanPLS
09-09-2018, 03:33 AM
85 is ok . Does it shoot up when do goes from sitting to standing?

Actually yes

d-man
09-09-2018, 11:38 AM
Actually yes

Postural tachycardia syndrome (PoTS) - NHS (https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/postural-tachycardia-syndrome/)