PDA

View Full Version : Wrist wraps

Couchlockd
09-16-2018, 04:15 PM
Looking for some good quality wrist support. Got carpal tunnel out of no where. And I ain't quiting. So I need my wrists locked straight.

Need recommendations cuz I've never lifted with any kind of equipment

Droid1988
09-16-2018, 05:10 PM
Looking for some good quality wrist support. Got carpal tunnel out of no where. And I ain't quiting. So I need my wrists locked straight.

Need recommendations cuz I've never lifted with any kind of equipment

Elitefts has a ton of great wraps. I picked these up to deal with my wrist tendinitis. They are a nice in-between. Not cast tight and not very springy.

EFS Trainin' Wrist Wraps- 8CM (https://www.elitefts.com/efs-trainin-wrist-wraps.html)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fancycat69
09-16-2018, 06:18 PM
I’ve always liked the inzer brands

Couchlockd
09-16-2018, 06:25 PM
I've never used them

But I need cast level support, but comfort to be worn 90 minutes or so.

German89
09-16-2018, 06:40 PM
I've never used them

But I need cast level support, but comfort to be worn 90 minutes or so.

Do you do wrist exercises?

German89
09-16-2018, 06:42 PM
Here: Exercises That Can Help Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/exercises-carpal-tunnel-syndrome)

I noticed my left wrist getting bad from laying in bed and typing on my phone.

Couchlockd
09-16-2018, 06:48 PM

No none.

My left wrist as well

Couchlockd
09-16-2018, 06:48 PM

No none.

My left wrist as well

Charlie67
09-16-2018, 06:56 PM
For what it's worth, I have medium-stiff ones from Stoic. I really like them, but they don't sound firm enough for what you want.

German89
09-16-2018, 07:00 PM
No none.

My left wrist as well

I just started doing some exercises see if it helps. I havent noticed anything yet.

Blusoul24
09-16-2018, 07:34 PM
Are there specific exercises that any of you have found particularly helpful with carpal tunnel symptoms?

Couchlockd
09-16-2018, 09:33 PM
I just started doing some exercises see if it helps. I havent noticed anything yet.

As long as I hold my wrist inline with forearm, I can press, curl, pull.

If I cant the wrist any way back or down I'm almost crying. It literally makes me breathe different the pain hurts Soo bad

Couchlockd
09-16-2018, 09:36 PM
I'm looking at those now. I'd imagine the longer the wrap length, the stiffer support you can get? Is this correct?

My left wrist is 7.8 inches round compared to my right which is 7" round.

Almost got an inch of swelling onnledt

MarvelNerd
09-16-2018, 10:29 PM
Elitefts has a ton of great wraps. I picked these up to deal with my wrist tendinitis. They are a nice in-between. Not cast tight and not very springy.

EFS Trainin' Wrist Wraps- 8CM (https://www.elitefts.com/efs-trainin-wrist-wraps.html)

Is it uncommon to struggle with tendinitis after squats?

I struggle with it more so when I use higher weights. I typically do low bar so there is more pressure on the arms.

Wrist wraps have helped stabilize the wrist and the fact that I notice I would roll my wrists during Bench.

Any advice?

Real pain is failing to succeed.

Droid1988
09-17-2018, 02:53 AM

Every guy here does wrist exercises. Don’t let him lie to you

Couchlockd
09-17-2018, 03:07 AM
I went with Mark bell gangsta wraps
20"

Herc
09-17-2018, 11:11 AM
I have some wrist wraps from GASP right now and they're the best ones i've ever bought.

GymPrincess
10-16-2018, 08:07 PM
All my heavy benching has my wrist crying again. Prob gonna strap up again. I got mine off amazon. They work fine. I usually use them a few weeks and then take a break.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bullcrew
10-16-2018, 08:14 PM
Wraps are a excellent thing
I use rogue and wrap and twist em down...

I did a strength competition and broke.my.left wrist and aveluded a tendon...forgot my wrist straps and smoked it on a clean and press...

So yea strap your wrists down just for added support....

Theres alot of good ones out there, good luck and I hope the CT gets better...it can be annoying as hell...

Btw cloth tape will hold the wrist straight and tight we use it in fighting prevents broken wrists...I am actualy wrapping mine daily with cloth tape to lift while broken....usually about $5 a roll and you can tape it to isolate movement.

Rogue Strength Wraps - Flag | Rogue Fitness (https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-usa-flag-strength-wrap)

Couchlockd
10-16-2018, 08:51 PM
Turns out it's a pinched nerve.

The gangsta wraps are a god send!