PDA

View Full Version : Gout Pain

bdeljoose
03-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Anyone here have have gout in there toes or fingers? My left big toe hurts like a bitch all the time. I'ts twice the size of my right one. The bone is swollen. I am assuming it's from a steady diet of red meat and protein. Any remedies for relief besides paying a $200 doctor bill?

Camzilla
03-23-2012, 01:54 PM
Another option to know if it is or isn't is to have your uric acid level tested.
If high, you'll need colchicine or Uloric or something like that. avoiding gout triggers would likely be a tough job for someone into BB.
Good luck getting through this Bro.

lost1
03-23-2012, 11:49 PM
Gout pain can be almost debilitating bro, I used to get flare ups when i was drinking a lot of beer i have sence gave up drinking but you need to get your uric acid level checked the meds they have now can stop flare ups. Also if left untreated it can lead to bone and joint damage,$ 200.00 doctor visit you may be money ahead in the long run.. Good luck bro I feel your pain!!!!

bigpimpdaddy
03-25-2012, 03:10 PM
I have had gout for years and its no fun at all.. Doc says red meat,shellfish and such set it off..But you will find out that something else triggers it worse than those foods alone... Mine was Dr. Pepper...Yeah of all thing Dr.Pepper.. Needless to say I stay away from it now and it hasn't flaired up that much lately..(knock on wood)... But bests friend for keep it at bay is Uloric ....Yes Uloric...taken once daily it controls my uric acid and it seems to lessen the effect if I do get it..So do yourself a favor and go get a script for Uloric....

bang
03-25-2012, 08:33 PM
you might want to try antacids. Uric acid as what Camzilla said is the primary component that is responsible for gout. Based on my 2 Chemistry Classes, a base neutralizes an acid. Whenever I have Heartburns, I go get some baking soda and down a tea spoonful and all is well 2 minutes lator. Also when we work out catabolism occurs and its byproduct is catabolic acid, its what is responsible for the post workout pain we experience. Been out of the game for a while but years ago there were some recovery supplements that were designed with high amounts of "base ingredients" to neutralize the catabolic acids, minimize recovery time and eliminate the post muscle pain. cant remember what they were but if you follow my train of thought I think it will lead you to a product nowadays that fits the description of what I am trying to convey that will assist in dealing with the gout issues you have. It might not totally eliminate it but it should significantly mininmze it...sorry I cant be more specific but as I said, been out of da game for a while & my recollection of things are hazy.

bdeljoose
03-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the info bros.