PDA

View Full Version : Peptides aiding in tendon development

nigel
09-30-2018, 07:26 AM
Does anybody have first hand experience with peptides accelerating the development of their injured tendons over time?

I read a lot of small studies on rats (BPC-157) and horses (TB500), and a few logs and journals by people with injuries not similar to mine, detailing the healing attributes of peptides such as BPC-157. The studies and logs that I read that praise BPC-157 as a miracle healing peptide are suspicious, because they are either referring to healing effects on rats or I'm reading from a website that coincidentally sells BPC-157 or is sponsored by a peptide seller. Then I look to YouTube for information and only find people regurgitating the same information I've already read to discuss the theory of these peptides being applied and then a week-by-week healing log telling me the healing effects are not impressive BPC 157 Results and Progress - MRI RESULTS - Conclusion / Final Results - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV9BQ49Osrc) so I'm pursuing clarity on this subject.

Obviously there is already a stickied thread on peptides with healing effects, but it does not describe BPC-157, and I also want to use this thread as a means of collecting personal experiences from all of you that have applied any of these peptides to your research animals in an effort to heal their tendons following an injury as minor as RSI to as major as a tear.

As for me, I broke my left elbow in 2013 and had surgery soon after to get my arm bolted back together. The muscles and tendons surrounding my elbow atrophied so much post-surgery that my left arm looked like it belonged to E.T.
I never completed rehab because fuck those guys, and ever since I achieved full range of motion and started rebuilding the muscle mass in my arm, it takes two or three tricep workouts to induce a state of tendinitis that will take 4 or 5 days to completely subside so that I can resume training. This tricep tendinitis is even triggered during lat pulldowns, rows, pullups, etc., so it's a big problem for me. I'm not sure what my problem is, whether the insertion of my tricep tendon was messed with when my arm was being nailed together during surgery, or if it simply takes fucking forever for a tendon to develop thickness relative to its muscle that develops a lot faster and leaves its tendon always playing ketchup, experiencing symptoms of tendinitis as if the tendon is always too weak for the ever-increasing workload the muscle is pushing. My pain feels like it is the part of the tricep tendon on the inside of the elbow, connecting the elbow and medial tricep head together. I've tested a lot of theories as to what exactly my issue is, and that's what I've narrowed it down to.

The only peptide I've tried to heal my elbow pain with is Hexarelin @200mcg in the morning. I would go to the gym fasted, subcutaneously injecting before I walked into the gym. I would then do light pump sets to get my joints really warm for 15 minutes. 15 minutes is how long it takes for GH levels to start to increase following injection of Hexarelin in a fasted, elderly test subject. 30 minutes post-injection, I would hit the working sets, because I read that in elderly patients, serum GH levels peaked 30 minutes post injection and remained peaked until 60 minutes post-injection. I would do working sets until 90 minutes post injection, and not eat until 120 minutes post injection.
What effects did I see from this daily administration of Hexarelin over the course of 20 days until I decided to discontinue use? A slightly increased pump every single workout. No significant healing benefits were experienced. I discontinued use 6 days ago after my elbow pain returned just like it would as if I wasn't using Hexarelin.

My next step will be to site inject IGF-1 LR3 and BPC-157. My goal is to increase the thickness of my tricep tendon on the inside of my elbow, because I believe it is too thin and immature to match the performance of my tricep muscle. I know that IGF-1 LR3 has a long half-life and will circulate throughout my body, but I want to make sure I'm getting as much of it to my elbow as possible by specifically injecting it there.

Thoughts or advice, anyone? If you have experience with healing peptides, please share it in this thread.

chadmack282
09-30-2018, 06:49 PM
I have had some success with bpc157.

nigel
10-09-2018, 06:24 AM
Very nice. If you cared to elaborate on the protocol used I would appreciate that.

I actually fixed my elbow pain completely a week ago. I was doing tricep pushdowns and decided that I was finally done with the pain once and for all, so I set the heaviest weight I could on the stack and thought "either my tricep tendon is about to fully rip straight off the bone, or I'm going to finally finish the rehab that I started years ago". So I retard strengthed through a few reps, encountering incredible pain at certain points during the reps to the point where my arm would give out on its own because it hurt so bad, and then I would reset the rep and keep going. After that set I felt no pain, and was incredibly surprised, so I walked around and studied myself to make sure I wasn't in shock from severely injuring myself as if I tore my tricep tendon, but sure enough I was completely fine. I think what happened was I had either very young tissue around my elbow from post surgery atrophy that needed to be stretched, or very scarred tissue around my elbow from post surgery atrophy that needed to be torn apart. I feel like this is the case because every time I would push through a heavy rep of tricep pushdown, accepting the fact that I was gambling 50/50 on either breaking scar tissue or tearing the tendon (since it was impossible kind of for me to know what the pain was), I would feel a silent snap that would turn my arm limp as if it gave up to try to avoid pain, but then I would resume repping the weight out, and the pain I just confronted was gone, but Id find pain in a new position across my tricep tendon. I did this for a few reps until I felt no pain, and was completely surprised that I hadn't torn my tricep tendon off of my bone, and that I had lived for almost 5 years with terrible pain in my elbow just because I was afraid of rehab.

I'm still going to be administering IGF-1 LR3 in the future for the purpose of my elbow health, and this conversation is still open so I hope this thread sees more contribution.

Droid1988
10-09-2018, 10:23 AM
There are multiple reviews on BPC on here; one of which I posted in great detail about including scientific studies to back up the anecdotal effects. Just search BPC. There is at least one current log going on it as well. Just look around, the information is here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigpapapumpaf
10-09-2018, 12:31 PM
I used bpc-157 not long ago to help heal a bad rotator cuff repair. I found it to be nothing short of amazing and had almost instant pain relief. I spot injected around the shoulder 250 mcg a day for a week and then maybe EOD. I used 3 vials and stopped. The pain stayed away for a few months but now is rearing its ugly head again but not nearly as bad. I can not definitively state that it healed me but the pain reduction allowed me to get back to a normal workout routine. I have stopped all use of pain meds, motrin and tylenol which in itself is a miracle for me. How it works, I have no clue what so ever but I have more on order and this time I will go to 500 mcg a day for 6 months. I had no side effects, so I would suggest you try it and see for yourself.

BPP