PDA

View Full Version : ? What To Do When Sick ?

RussianBot
10-07-2018, 06:29 PM
Hello family. I've not been active here for the past few days because I've not been active AT ALL for a few days.

Thursday, I pinned primo e in my Ventroglute and it uncharacteristically hurt. Friday, it was swollen with a knot. I didn't think too much about it because sometimes the primo e 200mg / ml gives me a little pip. Friday evening me and MrsBot went to the gym to do our shoulder / triceps workout. I was feeling sorta "off" prior to going. During the course of our training I started feeling progressively worse - weak, achy, cold chills. I sucked it up and finished the session.

We then went to the grocery and I was fucking miserable. Obviously running a fever, skin crawling. I began to freak out, thinking I had an infection. So I went to my GP Saturday morning. I was still running a fever of 101.5. I managed not to admit AAS use but I did tell her I had been self administering b12 lipo injections and thought I may have an infection. She examined the site and said she didn't think I did. She said I likely just had the flu. She DID however, give me a script of augmentin just in case - WIN.

ANYWAY - what do you do when sick? I still feel like shit. Low energy, mild fever, etc. Yesterday was rest day but today is Leg day. I'm not feeling it. Should I suck it up and go? Or should I just rest and get better?

QueenOG
10-07-2018, 06:41 PM
Mister bot. Sorry to hear you're feeling under the weather.
It's a shame your gym doesnt have a sauna to help detox.

However, when I almost died from clen [emoji23][emoji23]

The second day I got my ass up. Started with some light cardio. I slowly started feeling better and did alittle light weight shit to get the blood pumping.

Take those furbabies for a walk and see if it sparks some energy.

If not take it easy. You never know until you try.

Hope you feel better !

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

RussianBot
10-07-2018, 06:44 PM
Mister bot. Sorry to hear you're feeling under the weather.
It's a shame your gym doesnt have a sauna to help detox.

However, when I almost died from clen [emoji23][emoji23]

The second day I got my ass up. Started with some light cardio. I slowly started feeling better and did alittle light weight shit to get the blood pumping.

Take those furbabies for a walk and see if it sparks some energy.

If not take it easy. You never know until you try.

Hope you feel better !

Sent from my SM-G892U using TapatalkThat's my plan. I'm not feeling leg pressing 500 lbs today. I'm gonna get my ass up and brush these two sheddy ass dogs (the gsd and the husky) then take a shower and take them for a walk.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

MrsBot
10-07-2018, 06:45 PM
Mr. Bot!! It's totally not the same when your sick. I hate it.

I'm doing my leg day now. But if you still want to go, I'm game. I love you!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Cowboymike
10-07-2018, 06:47 PM
Hello family. I've not been active here for the past few days because I've not been active AT ALL for a few days.

Thursday, I pinned primo e in my Ventroglute and it uncharacteristically hurt. Friday, it was swollen with a knot. I didn't think too much about it because sometimes the primo e 200mg / ml gives me a little pip. Friday evening me and MrsBot went to the gym to do our shoulder / triceps workout. I was feeling sorta "off" prior to going. During the course of our training I started feeling progressively worse - weak, achy, cold chills. I sucked it up and finished the session.

We then went to the grocery and I was fucking miserable. Obviously running a fever, skin crawling. I began to freak out, thinking I had an infection. So I went to my GP Saturday morning. I was still running a fever of 101.5. I managed not to admit AAS use but I did tell her I had been self administering b12 lipo injections and thought I may have an infection. She examined the site and said she didn't think I did. She said I likely just had the flu. She DID however, give me a script of augmentin just in case - WIN.

ANYWAY - what do you do when sick? I still feel like shit. Low energy, mild fever, etc. Yesterday was rest day but today is Leg day. I'm not feeling it. Should I suck it up and go? Or should I just rest and get better?

Rest up and get better brother... shut the mind off and just let your body heal. Above all else...

Stick to your protocol, drink extra extra water, load up on vitamins, echinacea, zinc, emergen-C and that airborne stuff... yes it’s overload, so just drop in some liver aid to help and feed that fever. Get the calories in. Soups, broths etc if you must... starve a cold and feed a fever. Golden rules to live by. Get the calories in. But above all else, let the body fight the good fight without distraction... that’s my 0.2

As a bonus you’ll not spread the virus to others at the gym ;0)

Hope you get better soon brother!

QueenOG
10-07-2018, 06:48 PM
That's my plan. I'm not feeling leg pressing 500 lbs today. I'm gonna get my ass up and brush these two sheddy ass dogs (the gsd and the husky) then take a shower and take them for a walk.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using TapatalkGood! Make sure you're drinking lots of water flush your contaminated ass lol

Radman69
10-07-2018, 07:27 PM

If your running a fever then no... get uour ass in bed and let Mrs Bot take care of you bro!
But if your not... you just have a little sniffles... then it might do ya some good to sweat that shit out!
If your having trouble eating... at least make sure to take in gatorade or powerade..
for the calories and electrolytes..

Bro... and if you need to talk about ANYTHING under the sun... you know how to reach me... im always here for a friend!
Your old ass is older than me and no doubt wiser... but i have been dragged throught the mud and back again..
maybe together we could figure some shit out!!

RussianBot
10-07-2018, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the responses. I haven't missed a workout since I started this journey and it sucks.

HoldMyBeer
10-07-2018, 07:46 PM
Rest, the sooner you are better, the sooner you can be back at the gym at 100%.
Don't rest, get more sick, and youre out of the gym for even longer.

MarvelNerd
10-07-2018, 08:51 PM
I have been fighting a cold for 10 days. I have went to the gym a few times and it totally drains me for two more days. This is awful!! My dieting is messed up. My workouts suck. Who needs sickness.

Real pain is failing to succeed.

MrsBot
10-07-2018, 08:56 PM
Hope you all start feeling better. I'm ride or die sick or not, Mr. Bot knows that better than anyone. So, it's hard for me to be sweet to him when he's sick. I'm alwaysike, suck it up! Lol! Sorry, not sorry.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

QueenOG
10-07-2018, 08:59 PM
Sounds like the whole fucking squad is having a rough patch!

We will come thru. !
We got this.

We ain't no bitches, right? Lol

Jbox456
10-07-2018, 10:31 PM

My experience with that is that keflex
Or
Cephalaxin works wonders if it’s infected jus tell the dr your did a shot of testosterone they r used to people doing that but keflex works all the time for me as I have had that problem many times

VIPole-jbox456
Wire-jbox

https://brotherhoodofpain.com/banners/BlueCollarGodz(468x80).gif

BLUE COLLAR GODZ (http://www.bluecollargodz.com)

StateSide
10-08-2018, 01:07 AM
Thanks for the responses. I haven't missed a workout since I started this journey and it sucks.

Ahhh brother man I didn’t realize when you said you were sick that you were effing real deal SICK.

Hang in there and take all the advice on staying fueled up. I like that man Mikes approach with hitting it from many angles.

Olive leaf extract was recommended to me some time back as a good immune booster and I have kept it up in my supplement arsenal sense. Very inexpensive.

Hnausa
10-08-2018, 03:02 AM
Rest and get better. Before bed have a few shots of green Nyquil followed by a few shots of whiskey and you should feel 10x better when you wake.

G160
10-08-2018, 06:05 AM

I got sick last week its seasonal.
Been a week and a half of the gym dropped pretty decent ammount of weight. Gotta wait it out if its a virus if not you always got antibiotics, i dont advise unless you get a sinus infection or something. Try to keep protein high, also look at the bright side, the fever might get you leaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amjodor
10-08-2018, 11:34 AM
Rest and let your body heal. Focus on fluid intake and if you can eat try and keep protein up. We’ve all been there, just a minor set back!

swolesteelers
10-08-2018, 06:33 PM
i dont really get sick since i got trt and when i blast even less

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Delta5
10-08-2018, 07:39 PM
Raw garlic, as much as u can stand (I dice it in slivers, put it on everything I eat when sick) boosts the immune system!! (better than any store bought mess for colds,,,ok ok,,,imo)

joko123
08-01-2019, 05:20 PM
Biggest thing you can do is rest, stay out of the gym and recover. Eat your meals and sleep.

maxmuscle1
08-01-2019, 05:21 PM
Biggest thing you can do is rest, stay out of the gym and recover. Eat your meals and sleep.

This^^^^^ [emoji817]

Max

IRON_PROPHET
08-01-2019, 05:43 PM

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using TapatalkMy brother, I too know this all too well. And as you know last week I was sick and this week had some more issues...I believe if it is a like viral sickness or some sort of bug you HAVE to rest it out... But my dumbass pushed through....let your body heal my brother.

Sent from my LGL163BL using Tapatalk