PDA

View Full Version : Triceps help

glock4319
10-09-2018, 06:43 PM
Hey brothers I’ve always had difficulty building my triceps. Anyone have some tried and true workout regiments they swear by?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamechanger1
10-09-2018, 06:52 PM
Dips and close grip bench are both good mass builders for triceps

glock4319
10-09-2018, 06:54 PM
Dips and close grip bench are both good mass builders for triceps

Ok that’s what I thought. I’ve been incorporating those two into my workout.

Bigdaddyperk
10-09-2018, 07:04 PM
I find that my tris need a fair ammt of volume training...lot of sets lot of reps..and just doing all the basic exercises close grip bench which i dont love..so i dont do...dips yes of course...skull crushers but i use the 110lb bar not db...and cable pushdowns ...regular and reverse grip...plus the type that look like your pushing down an explosive tnt charge rather thanpulling down....also the behind the back over shoulder type just try and hit all heads from diff angles...at whatever weight gets you pumped and tight...twice a week. Few days apart....and if i were you and having trouble getting them to respond..i wouldnt superset with bis....just by them self or another push exercise like chest or shoulders.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

glock4319
10-09-2018, 07:07 PM
I find that my tris need a fair ammt of volume training...lot of sets lot of reps..and just doing all the basic exercises close grip bench which i dont love..so i dont do...dips yes of course...skull crushers but i use the 110lb bar not db...and cable pushdowns ...regular and reverse grip...plus the type that look like your pushing down an explosive tnt charge rather thanpulling down....also the behind the back over shoulder type just try and hit all heads from diff angles...at whatever weight gets you pumped and tight...twice a week. Few days apart....and if i were you and having trouble getting them to respond..i wouldnt superset with bis....just by them self or another push exercise like chest or shoulders.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Great thanks for the info bro! Yeah I put them on my training schedule for twice a week. I do dips, skull crush, behind the head rope pull, and cable bar push downs.

German89
10-09-2018, 07:18 PM
Close grip bench

Different grips. Reverse grip, over grip, Neutral. Over head. Uhhh different tempos. And different rep ranges. Not science. You want them to grow well, force them. Work on better muscle mind connection too.

Do tris on a seperate day from chest.

glock4319
10-09-2018, 07:22 PM
Close grip bench

Different grips. Reverse grip, over grip, Neutral. Over head. Uhhh different tempos. And different rep ranges. Not science. You want them to grow well, force them. Work on better muscle mind connection too.

Do tris on a seperate day from chest.

Uhhh thanks...I know it’s not science I just like to pick the brains of the guys on this board. For example someone asked about ideas for working traps and someone suggested an exercise I’ve never done so I’ve incorporated that into my workout.

astevens2
10-22-2018, 06:04 PM
Sometimes it's not the exercise it's the exercise execution. For example how strict you may be doing them or how much tension is actually on the tricep and not other supporting muscle mass

JBoom
10-23-2018, 01:03 PM
Check out JM Press, just started these about 2 weeks ago, killer pumps