PDA

View Full Version : Back pain

ZOOT
03-28-2012, 01:28 PM
Just a few examples of some exercises to help your back if it's wrecked like mine:

http://www.bigbackpain.com/back_exercises.html

johnnytats
09-30-2012, 03:19 PM
what type of injury do you have .ihave discs rihgt between the hips. before i take advice i wanna know if you would target same area of back that i would. mine is bad enough where i can squat light but i cant dead lift

dirtwarrior
10-01-2012, 08:32 AM
Just a few examples of some exercises to help your back if it's wrecked like mine:

http://www.bigbackpain.com/back_exercises.html
juat now saw this
as a back pain sufferer
thanks

PAiN
10-01-2012, 08:50 PM
This is a great post!!!!

I know so many people with back problems.

Thanks brother.

dtoth
10-08-2012, 06:46 AM
Thanks for the info bro!

slash75cmd
10-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Good info. Mine needs help right now.

dirtwarrior
10-21-2012, 10:45 AM
These exercises do work very well

flyingfox272
10-22-2012, 03:39 PM
Great info, I do many of the exercizes list but see a few more I will try. I have a herniated disc between L4 and L5.

megaman11
11-15-2012, 03:50 PM
Same here man. My disc has a tear in it. I usually do the bicycle to relieve the pain

johnnytats
12-22-2012, 04:46 PM
i was told walking for discs .gonna try biking when i decide back is ready for light deadlifts

Structure88
01-06-2013, 03:47 AM
Thanks bro, have had a bad case of "grandpa back" as I like to call it for the last three months. I have to fetal position to get my socks on, make obscene noises getting in and out of the car and constantly support it with one hand hahaha

megaman11
01-08-2013, 10:29 PM
I know how you feel brother!

315 BEAST
01-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Great info bro

drednought
01-09-2013, 06:06 PM
great post. Very good stuff.

Broly
04-17-2013, 05:48 AM
I've had 3 spinal surgeries and countless injections and therapies... I would never have needed surgery in the first place but was misdiagnosed and then the first two surgeries were done on the wrong part of my spine. I have permanent nerve damage and my spinal cord is continuously pinched..... Pain Every Second of Every Day for the rest of my life.

If anyone ever needs any helpful tips or techniques for back problems just shoot my a PM, I'd be glad to help.

mizzou24
04-17-2013, 05:54 AM
I've had 3 spinal surgeries and countless injections and therapies... I would never have needed surgery in the first place but was misdiagnosed and then the first two surgeries were done on the wrong part of my spine. I have permanent nerve damage and my spinal cord is continuously pinched..... Pain Every Second of Every Day for the rest of my life.

If anyone ever needs any helpful tips or techniques for back problems just shoot my a PM, I'd be glad to help.

Damn broly that sucks

Broly
04-17-2013, 05:58 AM
Damn broly that sucks

I agree! lol... it's been difficult but I've learned how to manage. Was told I could never play sports or lift again.... I'm still doing squats like a boss... I just need a wheelchair when I'm done.

mizzou24
04-17-2013, 05:59 AM
Lol be careful bro

megaman11
04-19-2013, 05:41 PM
Great info, I do many of the exercizes list but see a few more I will try. I have a herniated disc between L4 and L5.

I know how you feel man! Same problem

bigboithetank
04-19-2013, 09:23 PM
Thanks bro, have had a bad case of "grandpa back" as I like to call it for the last three months. I have to fetal position to get my socks on, make obscene noises getting in and out of the car and constantly support it with one hand hahaha

Hahaha! I can picture that. So yeah, I have to try to keep my back as straight as possible when putting on some tighty whites and some socks and pants.

Bulky61
04-26-2013, 06:37 PM
Nice!!!

Sleeper
04-29-2013, 01:39 AM
Thanks for the post.

hockeytownpump
04-19-2015, 12:04 PM
Excellent post this will be very helpful for me thanks.

draconian2014
05-14-2015, 02:21 PM
this id a good read I am going to print it out and take home and start using this guide to see how my lower back feels

hockeytownpump
05-20-2015, 04:38 PM
thanks for the link, there is a lot of great information here to read and good exercises to do. these exercises will help fix and or prevent future injuries.

bayfan24
08-29-2015, 06:32 AM
back pain is no joke i wake up every morning with it and cant stand for too long some days without bad pain

ironman53
10-31-2015, 08:45 AM
thanks for info,,,im a beliver in chiropractor,,,and arcupunture...experienced with recent back issue,,from slipping and twisting back,,pincing siatic nerve,,,both have helped very much,,along with ice/heat combo,,and hip,and calve stretching...

benlash74
10-31-2015, 08:53 AM
I used alot of these exercises when I hurt my lower back doing deadlifts. Especially liked the supermans. I stretch daily now and use the foam roller at least once a day.

MetalMonster63
01-17-2016, 03:33 AM
my back is pretty jacked, they are going in next month to kill the nerves because I don't want to do surgery. my discs are starting to deteriorating, spine is shifting and my bones are starting to rub together so pain is an everyday thing and being a heavy truck tech doesn't help but its too late to switch careers now so my plan is to stack abombs test and deca coupled with exercise in hopes that if I strengthen my core it will help support my back a little more and make my day to day job tasks not so strenuous. any thoughts???

hockeytownpump
08-10-2016, 02:57 PM
Excellent stuff. Thanks for the post.

hockeytownpump
08-11-2016, 12:30 PM
great post Thanks brother.

milleniumgirl
08-11-2016, 03:09 PM
I have bad back pain (arthrosis of the lower back, degenerative disc disease). Doc told me to keep moving. I avoid deadlifts and heavy squats. I do crossfit/combat conditioning and stick to medium weights.

HD-Beast
02-13-2019, 03:43 PM
A lot of info on the site, yet I will say it goes well with the other sites I have researched for back pain. I have a compressed L5 S1 with severe arthritis. (Thanks Uncle Sam) I have been trying to find a way to overcome the issues. Sometimes these older posts or sticky's contain valuable information.

valkon
05-14-2020, 08:53 AM
These are some very good exercises that definitely work for most people with back pain. Unfortunately there are some with deliberating back pain that do not respond to these exercises. Note that these exercises mostly strengthen the outer muscles of the lower back and the abdominals. However, they are not the most important muscles for stabilizing the spine. The most important muscles are the multifidus and the deep abdominals that are located directly posteriorly and anteriorly to the spine. Chronic pain because of disc degeneration,herniation,stenosis, facet arthritis tend to weaken these muscles that then start to disfunction. So first you have to strenthen these muscles starting with simple isometric exercises and progress slowly to more dynamic exercises as pain decreases. Of course, it is better to work with a good pt that can reduce your muscle spams with massage, ultrasound, manipulation,heat therapy, etc. and show you the appropriate exercises and the correct form.

If the pain is so bad that does not respond to anything stated above for many months/years, you can try some non-invasive therapies. For facet joint pain/arthritis you can try prp, prolotherapy, prolozone. These can not only reduce the inlammation so you can continue with your pt exercises but they also may heal your joints to a degree. For disc degeneration, hernation you can try discogel or discseel. I do not really advise cortisone injections since they do more harm than good in the long run but they may be helpful in the case of accute injury by reducing inflammation and pain so you can continue with your pt exercises. However they are not generally helpful in chronic cases.

If nothing stated above works and you cannot have a normal life even with some limitations then you may be recommended surgery. There are many kind of surgeries for the many different cases so be sure to consult with doctors that have expierence with all kind of surgeries. Many doctors recommend mostly fusion since not only it is the easiest but it is also the most profitable. If you have disc degeneration and your facet joints are good enough and you have no stenosis then disc replacement is your best option and you also retain your motion in that segment. If there is facet hypertrophy that causes stenosis that requires decompression then facetectomy along with fusion is best to stabilize that segment. However if you have stenosis that can be relieved with laminotomy then fusion may not be necessary if minimal lamina is removed since there is not much iatrogenic instability. For disc herniation without degeneration a discectomy is best. However if there is also disc degeneration you can still do a micro discectomy and if it does not work or if there is rehernation you can do a disc replacement given that the doctor did not remove a big portion of lamina during the discectomy. Many people did a discectomy that bought them a few years and when the situation got worse again they did a disc replacement successfully. If there is dic degeneration and facet arthritis then fusion is recommended. Unfortunately there is still not a reliable facet joint replacement. There is the TOPS and Nexux system that are used in Germany but the screws they are anchored with tend to loosen up over time because of the motion they allow. I am sure in the future there will be a future total joint replacement that will replace both the disc and the facet joints just as knee and hip replacement so that there will be no need for fusion. Think of each segment as a three legged chair. One is the disc and the other two are the facet joints. If there is a problem with any of the three there is instability and thus pain. That is why we should follow a good core exercise program. To compensate for the loss of stability caused by any of the three joints. Of course nerve compression goes along with many of the above problems.

Hopefully some people will find my post helpful. If there is anything you want to ask about feel free to pm me.