PDA

View Full Version : Australian Claims 3k Of Test Powder Was For Personal Use

STEROID
03-31-2012, 12:38 AM
Australian Claims 3k Of Test Powder Was For Personal Use

BULLIED at school for being fat, Brenton Dowell took up bodybuilding but became so obsessed he began illegally importing anabolic steroids from China.

He organised for more than three kilograms of testosterone - enough to last one person more than 60 years - to be mailed to him.

Dowell, 25, of Reservoir, pleaded guilty in the County Court yesterday to three counts of importing anabolic steroids and two counts of possessing the drugs. The maximum penalty is five years' jail and a $110,000 fine.

Prosecutor Ashley Bird said Customs officers had seized three packages containing anabolic steroids between September and November 2010 that Dowell had arranged to be sent from China.

When customs officers raided Dowell's home in 2010, he told them he was training to compete in weightlifting contests.

Prosecutor Ashley Bird said Customs officers had seized three packages containing anabolic steroids in September, October and November, 2010, which Dowell had arranged online to be sent from China.

When Customs officers raided Dowell's home on November 22, 2010, he told them he was using three milligrams of testosterone and three milligrams of decadurabolin a week and had been training to compete in weightlifting competitions.

Dowell told the officers he did not understand "why the government is so harsh on steroids".

A search of his fridge revealed 40 vials of the human growth hormone somatropin and a number of vials of anabolic and androgenic substances.

Ms Bird said the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority's Dr Stephen Watt estimated the general dosage for testosterone propionate was 50-200 milligrams a day, with injections every 1-2 days. The recommended dosage is between 300-700 milligrams a week.

The total amount of active testosterone illegally imported by Dowell was 3181.35 grams - enough to last 3181 weeks or 61 years.

Defence lawyer Len Hartnett said Dowell knew what he was doing was illegal but decided to take the risk.

"It seemed to him to be quite simple to go online and place an order (for steroids)," he said.

Dowell had taken up bodybuilding when he was 16 after being bullied at school and ridiculed for being fat.

"Unfortunately for him it (bodybuilding) really has consumed his life," Mr Hartnett said.

"It's all about body image. It's been an obsession over the years. He's fixated on it."

Mr Hartnett said that since his arrest, Dowell still loved bodybuilding but had stopped taking steroids and was getting his life back on track.

Dowell had had a difficult childhood being the third eldest in a family of 13 children. His father had had children with five different women and his mother had had children with three different men.

At the age of 14 he was homeless but managed to turn his life around and had recently gained a traineeship to be a technician.

Judge Graeme Hicks will sentence Dowell on April 17.

GD
03-31-2012, 01:19 AM
Well fuck me....there's my defence when my door. Gets kick in......I'm sorry...I was fat and my mommy didn't hug me. Enough....lmao.....we play. The odds everyday....when and if you fuck up and get. Busted....take it like a man. And. Say yes..I fucking did. It for the. Money....then get a. Kick ass laywer...lol

tilltheend
03-31-2012, 01:27 AM
Well fuck me....there's my defence when my door. Gets kick in......I'm sorry...I was fat and my mommy didn't hug me. Enough....lmao.....we play. The odds everyday....when and if you fuck up and get. Busted....take it like a man. And. Say yes..I fucking did. It for the. Money....then get a. Kick ass laywer...lol

No bro first off, if its personal use then its personal use, that doctor has no right to sit there and estimate, that kids lawyer needs to get some documentation backed up to prove someone can use 400mg's a day of test prop, there is not taking it like a man, your acting like hes a snitch, taking it like a man would be not snitching, not being truthful and saying hey it was for personal use.

GD
03-31-2012, 02:43 AM
No bro first off, if its personal use then its personal use, that doctor has no right to sit there and estimate, that kids lawyer needs to get some documentation backed up to prove someone can use 400mg's a day of test prop, there is not taking it like a man, your acting like hes a snitch, taking it like a man would be not snitching, not being truthful and saying hey it was for personal use.

Come on now..lol...I know you and I are bros....but really....3000gm for personal. Use....I'm a. Brewer and. So I know just how much gear. That will make....and I don't care if you did 1000mg a day...you'd. Still have enought to last a single person for 10 years....and I never acted. Like he was a. Snitch....just simple come up with a better defence.....when. some one gets popped with a 8bal...you can. Say its. Personal use...but not when you. Get. Popped with a kilo....not to boast...but I have. Well over 5k btls of. Gear....would you laugh if I. Told you it was all for. Me???????

tilltheend
03-31-2012, 11:46 AM
I wouldnt laugh at all bro, I would totally believe you and say fuck who doesn't think your telling the truth.

STEROID
03-31-2012, 10:10 PM
tte,there in no way ANY judge is going to believe that 3kg is for personal use! As GDL stated,theres a limit to the amount of anything illegal that you get caught with that can pass as perosnal use.3KG worth if AAS is not one of those that will pass.

The problem is not whether or not its for personal use or not,the problem is NO AMOUNT of AAS should be illegal!!

proxy
03-31-2012, 11:41 PM
i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/103/336/Scarface_cocaine_article.jpg

Redis
04-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Sucks he got caught. I dunno if he was selling any, but it sounds like he was committing himself to this sport for good. Respect for that.

ODB
04-03-2012, 06:38 PM
The problem is not whether or not its for personal use or not,the problem is NO AMOUNT of AAS should be illegal!!

Yes, Sir!