PDA

View Full Version : Nectar Bourbon Chicken

STEROID
03-31-2012, 11:54 PM
Nectar Bourbon Chicken

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/6076/20382140.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/835/20382140.jpg/)

Ingredients

1 fresh peach - peeled, pitted and diced
1 mango - peeled, seeded and diced
2 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons good quality bourbon whiskey
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 untreated cedar plank, soaked in water for 2 hours

Directions

Place the peach, mango, garlic, rosemary, thyme, brown sugar, pepper, whiskey, olive oil, and white wine vinegar into a blender. Cover, and puree until smooth.
Pour 2/3 of the marinade into a resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 5 hours. Reserve the remaining marinade in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate. Place the plank on the grill and lightly brush the plank with olive oil.
Remove the chicken from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade. When the plank has started smoking place the chicken on the plank. Cook the chicken breasts until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 10 minutes per sided. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Brush the chicken with the reserved marinade.

Nutritional Information
Amount Per Serving

Calories: 210
Total Fat: 6g
Cholesterol: 67mg
Sodium: 62mg
Total Carbs: 14g
Dietary Fiber: 1.2g
Protein: 25g

Patriot1405
03-31-2012, 11:59 PM
Wow, that sounds delicious!!

STEROID
04-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Wow, that sounds delicious!!

Thanks my friend.This is really tasty.Try it out and post up how you liked it.

WidowMaker
04-01-2012, 12:53 PM
stole this!

STEROID
04-01-2012, 02:26 PM
stole this!

Sweet.Let me know how you like it.

WidowMaker
04-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Mary's got everything but the cedar plank, but we gotta make a run today anyways so we'll pick that up while we're out lol

MintheD
04-06-2012, 02:28 AM
Fist, how does the cedar taste with chicken? I know it's great for fish, especially salmon. I've done something similar with a cherry plank and I loved it. Just wondering.

WidowMaker
04-06-2012, 09:44 AM
This was the bomb F.I.S.T.!!
Mary cooked this up this past Sunday 1st.
We all kept tasting the marinade sauce cos it was great as Mary is a great cook and she nailed it the 1st try!
Grilling it on the cedar plank gave it a totally different taste as most all of us are used to smoked, mystique or hickory flavor.
This taste had a super mild bite to it. It was tangy and mildly sweet too.
Overall it was great! She's put in her primary cookbook list in her kitchen!

STEROID
04-07-2012, 12:31 AM
Fist, how does the cedar taste with chicken? I know it's great for fish, especially salmon. I've done something similar with a cherry plank and I loved it. Just wondering.

This was the bomb F.I.S.T.!!
Mary cooked this up this past Sunday 1st.
We all kept tasting the marinade sauce cos it was great as Mary is a great cook and she nailed it the 1st try!
Grilling it on the cedar plank gave it a totally different taste as most all of us are used to smoked, mystique or hickory flavor.
This taste had a super mild bite to it. It was tangy and mildly sweet too.
Overall it was great! She's put in her primary cookbook list in her kitchen!

There you go Mithe.WM answered for me.LMAO.

Thanks for the reply Widow.Im really glad to hear that you guys loved it so much.

MintheD
04-07-2012, 07:29 AM
Gonna have to give it a shot. Thanks WM

WidowMaker
04-07-2012, 01:04 PM
Gonna have to give it a shot. Thanks WM

anytime brother

Thehog18
04-08-2012, 04:35 AM
Man this sounds and looks friggen delicious...mmm. Im def. going to cook this up this week. I hope it turns out half as good as it looks. Ill post back a review

STEROID
04-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Man this sounds and looks friggen delicious...mmm. Im def. going to cook this up this week. I hope it turns out half as good as it looks. Ill post back a review

Cool.Looking forward to the review.