PDA

View Full Version : Are you a gym idiot?

baby1
04-02-2012, 10:43 AM
If any of the following applys to you, you are officially a gym idiot.

1. If Your weekly workout routine reads as follows you are officially a gym idiot.

Monday:Chest and Biceps
Tuesday: Chest and Biceps
Wednesday: Chest and Biceps
Thursday: Chest and Biceps
Friday: Chest and Biceps
Saturday: Chest and Biceps

2. If you use the follwing set/rep scheme on any exercise you are officially a gym idiot. For example....

Barbell Curl 50 x 125

3. If you bench 300 pounds on a vertical bench machine and walk around like that's more impressive than the guy benching 230 pounds of free weights you are officially a gym idiot.

4. If you consider 45 minutes of cardio before your weight training session a warm up you are offically a gym idiot.

5. If you go to McDonalds and order a big mac with a medium diet coke and insist you are still cutting you are officially a gym idiot.

6. If you train, lets say chest on monday and triceps on tuesday, you are officially a gym idiot.

7. If you have ever uttered the phrase "I'm going to cut 40 pounds of bodyweight while increasing my muscle mass, you are officially a gym idiot.

8. If you believe that creatine is a steroid, you are offically a gym idiot.

9. If you believe that endless sets of crunches will get you a six pack you are officially a gym idiot.

10. If you squat 450 with the worst form known to man, you are offically a gym idiot.

There are many more examples of what constitutes a gym idiot, but these ten signs are a starting point.

315 BEAST
04-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Lol good shit bro....... I see a little bit of that at my gym

pushiron
04-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Good stuff!

Patriot1405
04-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Lmao!! Another great post BB1

parttimer
04-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Explain:
4. If you consider 45 minutes of cardio before your weight training session a warm up you are offically a gym idiot.

And I am on DHEA, its my 3rd cycle.

baby1
04-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Explain:

And I am on DHEA, its my 3rd cycle.

I personally think 45 minutes is to long to be considered a "warm up". Also would not do this long before a training session. Just my opinion.

shooter29
04-02-2012, 01:44 PM
I personally think 45 minutes is to long to be considered a "warm up". Also would not do this long before a training session. Just my opinion.

I am gonna have to agree. Personally, I would do a cardio warm-up of no longer than 15 minutes before a weight training session. Just my .02 cents!

IronFox
04-02-2012, 04:17 PM
I am gonna have to agree. Personally, I would do a cardio warm-up of no longer than 15 minutes before a weight training session. Just my .02 cents!

I do cardio prior to lifting and that has helped to get me going, so some might think 45 mins on the stairmaster is crazy but but its fine by me though

neoclassical
04-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Haha, if you insist on super-setting everything and you do lot's of jumpy crossfit crap, your gym idiot! Sooooo sick of those guys....

Lennoxchi
04-02-2012, 04:50 PM
If you perform any of your "arm day" in the squat rack.....

IronFox
04-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Haha, if you insist on super-setting everything and you do lot's of jumpy crossfit crap, your gym idiot! Sooooo sick of those guys....

I hear you on that, brother...see that shit all the time at my gym. Also people who leave the dumbbells on the floor or putting them back in the wrong spots = gym idiots

Thehog18
04-02-2012, 05:34 PM
If you have to reposition your phanny pack inorder to do your set...you are a gym idiot

IronFox
04-03-2012, 12:51 AM
If you have to reposition your phanny pack inorder to do your set...you are a gym idiot

hahaha how many times I seen faggy packs at my gym? Its the crossfitters that commonly have those

Sinister8547
04-03-2012, 01:11 AM
I'll second the arm day in the squat rack shit. God that makes me insane. The thing that chaps my as is anyone who looks like they have gotten dressed up to go to the gym. Idiots!

WidowMaker
04-03-2012, 02:13 AM
@ Lennoxchi (http://www.brotherhoodofpain.com/member.php?1984-Lennoxchi) and Sinister8547 (http://www.brotherhoodofpain.com/member.php?5246-Sinister8547)

I do close-grip bench work and floor presses in the rack! so i guess that makes me a gym idiot, lol.
But, on the other hand that's what powerlifter's do!

IronFox
04-03-2012, 02:16 AM
I'll second the arm day in the squat rack shit. God that makes me insane. The thing that chaps my as is anyone who looks like they have gotten dressed up to go to the gym. Idiots!
Oh lawd at what some people wear to the gym, don't even get me started lol. Women are the worst offenders with those tight tops and shorts like a ho in a strip joint...screams for attention!

@ Lennoxchi (http://www.brotherhoodofpain.com/member.php?1984-Lennoxchi) and Sinister8547 (http://www.brotherhoodofpain.com/member.php?5246-Sinister8547)

I do close-grip bench work and floor presses in the rack! so i guess that makes me a gym idiot, lol.

lol powerlifters are just meatheads haha

BIGBOSS
04-03-2012, 04:52 AM
LMAO!!! Nice!!!

Spawn
04-03-2012, 04:56 AM
I cant stand the idiots that bring there buddies and stand around or sit on the equipent and socialize like its a fucking hang out! Like wtf are you stupid!

Camzilla
04-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Ditto on the way some dress and socialize. I throw on an old ratty T and the closest shorts around. Then I get there and the freakin' place looks like happy hour. I don't like to talk or BS around when I go, it's just business. And I don't 2-3 hrs to waste. 45-60 and I'm out; even less if it bi' or tri's, those get spent in about 30 flat.

But, there was this little redhead yesterday wearing the kiddie shorts...... Fuckin' HAMMER.

IronFox
04-03-2012, 05:00 PM
Ditto on the way some dress and socialize. I throw on an old ratty T and the closest shorts around. Then I get there and the freakin' place looks like happy hour. I don't like to talk or BS around when I go, it's just business. And I don't 2-3 hrs to waste. 45-60 and I'm out; even less if it bi' or tri's, those get spent in about 30 flat.

But, there was this little redhead yesterday wearing the kiddie shorts...... Fuckin' HAMMER.

Its the girls that wear skimpy gymwear that screams attention whore that get me too...seems I pitch a tent every time and that gets distracting lol

haha you should made the moves on her when you got done :D

gettinfitt
04-04-2012, 02:56 AM
I hate when dudes stand riiiight in front of the mirror, in the way of the weight rack, and when you try to grab shit or put it back, they act like its your bad.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO LOOK AT YOURSELF THAT CLOSELY IN THE MIRROR!!!

And if you do, then you aren't doin' something right.....

ice water
04-09-2012, 04:08 AM
What about the guys that put clips on the bar max rack while doing bench or squats.. IDIOTSSS

Camzilla
04-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Yesterday 5 young guys came in together to do squats, that's it, nothing else. Each one was doing a different weight. It took them the entire time I was there to do about 3-4 sets each. If it was leg day, I would have lost it.

IronFox
04-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Yesterday 5 young guys came in together to do squats, that's it, nothing else. Each one was doing a different weight. It took them the entire time I was there to do about 3-4 sets each. If it was leg day, I would have lost it.

Ditto

I'd have told off those toolbags right there

DirtyD
04-10-2012, 09:14 PM
LMAO...

Sinister8547
04-12-2012, 04:12 PM
The only thing I MIGHT think about when I get dressed for the gym might be my shoes. I like wearing the otomix shoes for squats. I just feel like I can get a better sense of balance and footing on leg day. Other than that, whatever tennis shoes I have close to the door I throw on lol. I aint sayin I havent gotten chubbed up at some hottie in the gym because hell yeah I have but these fucking tools that spend more time trying to get their dick sucked by some gym whore as opposed to doing actual work piss me the hell off. The spend useless time and take up useless space and just get in the way of the bros that wanna work.

mth496
04-13-2012, 06:25 PM
lol girls love showing off. And yea i hear you on these guys that just go in and do the biceps and leave. Then you hear them talking to people about how they tear it up everyday in the gym. Yet there body dont show nothing, just have big mouths. But what is funny is the people that listen to them actually beleive it, and yet there looking at this skinny little guy like he knows what he is doing.

bhcolex50x
04-13-2012, 07:33 PM
proud to say i'm NOT a gym idiot! haha funny thread bro

TheGreatWhiteTruth
04-16-2012, 09:57 PM
I love this thread. Number 9 is on point!

Camzilla
04-16-2012, 11:03 PM

I asked WM for help with my chest routine, now I do floor presses and close grip in the rack. Idiot I guess.

inhiding
04-17-2012, 01:51 AM
If your a buck sixty and walk around with your lats flared your an idiot!

neoclassical
04-20-2012, 12:24 AM
Yep, it's those cross-fit dudes. Just to "hard core" for me I guess, haha.

mikeyg51
04-20-2012, 03:57 PM
hahahahahaha, just read this to my girlfriend and she was like "hey, isn't that what you do?" lol, that asshole lol....and I totally agree, camzilla, because I hate those 2hr workouts....I get nothing done if I stay there that long, not to mention I have always been told it isn't healthy to workout that long, but who knows, I've been wrong before

ironman16
04-21-2012, 01:02 AM
ok the worst..i mean the worst, is the guys who pop pimples in the mirror or pull their nose hairs out..then start sucking pieces of last night dinner out of their teeth..its true ! those are the guys that have the xtra-small tank top on with the shorts that hang down to the floor, and they constantly flex in the mirror..all 120lbs of em. and the gf wonders why she has to bail me out of the county jail sometimes.....

mikeyg51
04-21-2012, 03:46 AM
hahahaha, good one ironman! And, if you lift your ass wayyy off the bench, have your spotter do back rows with the bar, and think you just "maxed" out, you are a fucking idiot lol

Camzilla
04-21-2012, 01:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-91_iXATY8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The genuine article in action.

Tank
04-21-2012, 02:58 PM
how about the guys that shave there body hair in front of the mirror in the locker or walk around with nothing on.the other day in my gym i walk into the locker room there was this old guy bent over the garbage can putting preparation h up his ass i was like what the fuck is going on here.do that shit at home

Tank
04-21-2012, 04:44 PM
the guy that lurks around the machine, when you turnaround he jumps on.or the guy that keeps asking you how many more sets do you have.

1genius
05-31-2012, 07:45 PM
What about the guy who knows that he sees you are intensely engaged in your workout regimen. You may be resting in between sets but he asks you to spot him.....Sooo, you be nice to the guy and spot him. Now everytime you go to the gym and see this guy you have to avoid him because he just made you his spot buddy. What do you want next.....come and sleep on my couch......me to fix you dinner......bang my chick?

IronFox
05-31-2012, 09:11 PM
If your a buck sixty and walk around with your lats flared your an idiot!

And that must be when soaking wet!

Dr X
06-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Wow, you just described most of the guys in my gym

ironman16
06-02-2012, 04:22 AM
dont forget the biggest one..."if you pop zits and pluck nose hairs in the mirror like you was at home in the bathroom"..you are a gym idiot. and before i forget, my personal fav..."if you wear a size small black tank-top, have 11 in arms, and take cell phone pics in the mirror after 1 set of tri's"..you are a gym idiot...

crush
06-04-2012, 02:32 PM
LOL all of these are hilarious...but true. What about the guys who know your in the middle of your workout, but will stand there and stare at you until you take out your headphones, just so they can ask you some stupid question.

PAiN
06-28-2012, 03:18 AM
Wow, you just described most of the guys in my gym

LMAO Same here. Great post.

omni
07-01-2012, 05:35 AM
It seems like I see a new one every week.

milleniumgirl
07-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Sometimes I think that I'm surrounded by idiots. I just got back from the gym and there was a young skinny guy there in shorts and thongs ... I wish he had dropped a dumbbell on his damn foot. Wtf ... keep these for the beach. This is a gym for Pete's sake!

kbordner
07-06-2012, 06:06 PM
I swear this is true...a guy walked into my gym in dress pants, a sweater and loafers with sunglasses. He walked over to the DB rack grabbed a pair of 5's did 10 shrugs and walked right back out the door.

ironman16
07-07-2012, 02:57 AM
I swear this is true...a guy walked into my gym in dress pants, a sweater and loafers with sunglasses. He walked over to the DB rack grabbed a pair of 5's did 10 shrugs and walked right back out the door.
very believable ! there is this guy who comes in the gym, does 3 sets of dumbell curls with the 20's and leaves..everyday !

LexLuger
07-08-2012, 04:37 AM
LoL.

milleniumgirl
07-08-2012, 10:17 AM

LMAO ... did he think this was enough to build big traps? :D

jimmyjon
07-08-2012, 10:51 AM
fuckin cuircut trainers, those are some idiots right there. can't stand the "bartenders" either. crossfit trainers, well they might as well just stay home and jump on there couch, always tearing up benches getting in the way! and the ninja warrior fag who spends 45 mins on the cables everyday doing chest ,tri's,bi's ab's. walking around on bird leggs. what about the retards who say "i don't do leggs cause i work all day" . people with kettle balls, i just wanna whip a dumbell at them . theres this guy walks around asking everybody if they can tell his left arm is smaller than his right arm, when he asked me what i do for biceps , i said you just gotta squat, and they'll grow!

i got a collection of videos i took of retards at my gym. when i got time i'll load them in youtube and post a link.

Sinister8547
07-12-2012, 04:48 AM
Def post the videos bro. Thinking about that made me wish I had videoed all the gym idiot moments i have seen over the years.

jimmyjon
07-12-2012, 11:22 AM
i'll get some over the weekend, i'll catch the365lb fat guy who thinks he's all muscle doing half assed curls on machine, then the going to club guy ., the 120lb ninja warrior doing his i'm pretty workout. if i'm lucky the half benchers will be there. i'll finish it of with 90 yr old man stuck on bench. my gym is a zoo. funniest thing i see is the guys almost my size walking on toothpicks, everytime i squat or do calf raises, i would say wanna hit legs with me, i turn around and there gone. now they don't even come up there sundays and wendsdays.

deathdodger
07-17-2012, 09:52 PM
thank you

Sinister8547
07-18-2012, 03:02 AM
The club guys kill me. They all look like they came off the Jersey Shore blooper reel. The crossfit guys freaking kill me. They all walk around like they are the biggest baddest strongest mofo's in the house. I wanna see them do a real routine. Life some real weight and see how they hang. lol.

bugse2342
07-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Wait a minute, Creaitne is not a steriod? WTF!! Just kidding

akhusker
07-19-2012, 03:38 PM
If you look like Arnold in the upper body and have string bean chicken legs....

I love my leg days at the gym, i never have to wait for equipment, I have to blow the dust off of the leg equipment that has formed since the last time I used it, no one ever uses that stuff it's sooooooo sad!

akhusker
07-19-2012, 03:55 PM
I don't know if any of you guys have been or are in the military but I am in the Army and working out in a military gym makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time, so many guys who already think they are the baddest things on the planet who strut their stuff in the gym and lift to much weight with terrible form, it makes me want to scream! The half bench, the 1/16th squat, the throw your back out bicep curl, shoot me in the face

willie2
08-04-2012, 05:15 PM
the people that set their s**t on the equipment and then wonder all over the gym...I hate having to move someones water bottles, logs and towles off of equipment...I know its petty but damn I ain't the maid...

PAiN
08-04-2012, 08:09 PM
I don't know if any of you guys have been or are in the military but I am in the Army and working out in a military gym makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time, so many guys who already think they are the baddest things on the planet who strut their stuff in the gym and lift to much weight with terrible form, it makes me want to scream! The half bench, the 1/16th squat, the throw your back out bicep curl, shoot me in the face

LMFAO I know exactly what you mean bro.

almonster
08-15-2012, 09:39 AM
lmao funny shit

Racer51
09-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Talk less lift more

unforgiven
09-15-2012, 02:49 PM
good stuff!

Johnnyboy004
09-15-2012, 03:04 PM
I cant stand the idiots that bring there buddies and stand around or sit on the equipent and socialize like its a fucking hang out! Like wtf are you stupid!

That drives me nuts. They take up the equipment forever and often are using multiple pieces of equipment at a time.

pinstripe yank
09-15-2012, 04:36 PM
You are a gym idiot if you are on the elliptical drinking a big gulp......has happened more then youd think.

Emman
09-29-2012, 02:25 AM
I now plenty of gym idiots lol

metromuscle
09-29-2012, 03:55 PM
And these jackasses that do a "squat action" (in a safety rack of course), piling on every plate in the joint, then doing a "curtsy" barely bending their knees when eventually they do take it out of the rack, and of course accomplishing nothing more than bending the bar with all those plates loaded on
=== TOTAL Idiots. And not to forget how they will scan the gym to make sure everyone is noticing all those plates they got loaded on the bar.