PDA

View Full Version : Sodium intake

animal23
10-23-2018, 10:52 PM
How much pink salt do you guys use daily to help with water retention? I been reading if you don't have enough sodium intake you can hold water. I don't salt my foods and I'm sure to where to exactly start.

bigpapapumpaf
10-23-2018, 11:21 PM
I don't know about pink salt but i try my best to follow the DASH diet due to high BP and limit my sodium intake to about 1500 to 2000 mg a day. One thing I think that I screw up on is that I do not use iodine salt, just sea salt or Kosher salt. Your body needs iodine for proper thyroid.

BPP

balin
10-24-2018, 05:09 AM
Pink salt has about 85% of the sodium of regular salt so it is not that much less. Studies show that groups of people at the lowest ends of the scale with salt intake actually have shorter life spans. But if sodium retention does drive up your BP then that may be a way to go. Although it does not seem like Dr's push the low sodium thong as much these days as studies don't seem to show where it helps for a lot of people. If some one is worried about iodine they can just take a kelp tablet to up their intake.

Bicep
10-29-2018, 07:41 AM
You need sodium at about 8grams a day. Get enough phosphorus zinc magnesium and potassium with water. Sodium is really important in a lot of bodily functions. As an athlete you’ll sweat out a lot. You’ll notice a huge improvement in performance as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phill
10-29-2018, 08:49 AM
1 gram of sodium every liter of water you drink

w8lifter
11-28-2018, 06:55 PM
My doctor recommended salt with iodine and not the sea salt. He said iodine is important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

animal23
11-28-2018, 09:08 PM
Iodine is in natural sea salt. Real salt and celtic salt are two good ones