PDA

View Full Version : Who has tried the vertical diet??

Maker18847
10-31-2018, 06:41 PM
Good old stan, im copying and pasting this from my research. These are not my words. I would like to hear what you guys think? Im going to try it because it looks so damn easy in comparison to my meal plans over the last 10years. Looking forward to the discussion.

“Performance-based nutritional framework that starts with a solid foundation of highly bioavailable micronutrients which supports a structure of easily digestible macronutrients that can be adjusted specifically to meet your body’s demands.”
Two key foods in Stan’s approach to eating are steak and rice. Stan stresses the fact that consuming ground meat (“hamburger”) is not the same as a steak. Beef labeled as “ground meat” is usually assembled from all the odds and ends of the cows and scraps left over from portioning out steaks and roasts. Don’t confuse “ground meat” with “ground sirloin” or “ground round.” The latter two are from a single cut of meat, not multiple ones as is the case with ground meat.
Essentially, steak versus ground hamburger boils down to this -- they’re two different qualities of beef and since you should only be focusing on the “best” kind of calories, ground meat (even though it is beef) is not an acceptable substitute for steak.
For the most part, that’s it for your protein and carbs.
Stan then fills in the gaps with some additional easily digestible foods to address micronutrient needs. Among these “other foods” are:

Eggs
Oranges or orange juice
Carrots
Cooked veggies (low-gas veggies)

Note: The Vertical Diet recommends consuming LOW GAS vegetables (butternut squash, carrots, celery, parsley, zucchini, cucumber, bell pepper, eggplant, spinach, small steamed potato) instead. But not so much that you’re building your diet on these foods, just enough to fulfill your micronutrient requirements.

If you are a high-performing athlete that consumes a lot of carbs, this can lead to a lot of bloating in Stan’s eyes, which slows you down and limits performance. Due to this, he is against the consumption of very starchy, slow-digesting carbs that are hard to digest, including:

Wheat (pasta, pizza, bread, etc.)
Brown rice (phytic acid)
Beans (lectins)
High raffinose vegetables (broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower)

The Vertical Diet can be viewed as a form of a low-FODMAP diet. FODMAP stands for fermentable oligo-, di-, and monosaccharide and polyol. High FODMAP foods include:

Artichoke
Asparagus
Baked beans
Bananas, ripe
Beetroot, fresh
Black bean
Broccoli
Onions
Garlic

The list goes on, but essentially low-FODMAP diets are used to combat irritable bowel syndrome and other disorders of the digestive system through avoidance of high FODMAP foods, which contain difficult to digest carbohydrates.

Listen to enough of Stan’s talks about the Vertical diet, and you’ll hear time and again that he promotes the idea of a narrow “horizontal”, that is only consuming a limited number of other foods outside of steak and rice to satisfy micronutrient needs. Remember from the graphic up top, this includes:

Sweet potato
Chicken broth
Spinach
Carrot
Eggs
Oranges
Red Bell Pepper

Once you’ve gotten “enough” of these to satisfy micronutrient needs, everything else from your diet (“going vertical”) comes from increasing portions of steak and rice. The thinking is that rice is easy to eat in great quantities without filling you up too much.

1969jeffery1969
10-31-2018, 08:15 PM
Funny you posted this I've heard of this on Instagram so I reached out to my coach and he said it's just a bunch of BS

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

trenbolognaa
10-31-2018, 09:17 PM
Funny you posted this I've heard of this on Instagram so I reached out to my coach and he said it's just a bunch of BS

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I mean there's nothing really special about it we don't already know/follow from a bbing perspective.
I don't think it's magic by any means but meat and rice, veg, good sodium intake, helps get natural micronutients from foods, etc., what's revolutionary about it? More beef?

Maker18847
10-31-2018, 09:32 PM
I don't think it's anything special about it besides the simplicity. I usually mix up tilapia chicken steak salmon and all these Wazoo proteins. but dude I could eat jasmine rice with sirloin or bison ground beef every second of the day. I guess it just seems like one of those things where it's so simple I never thought about it and feel like for the last 15-20 years I've made my life more difficult than it needed to be. Alot of the things I eat are not considered conducive when talking about this diet plan and am interested in seeing how this affects my composition.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Fancycat69
10-31-2018, 10:32 PM
I’ve actually been a big fan of it. I don’t follow it 100% but I think replacing white fish and chicken with red meat can definitely make a difference.

I didn’t totally abandon fish and chicken, but like the diet states red meat and rice are meals the body processes easily and allows u to eat more

Maker18847
10-31-2018, 10:35 PM
How do you alter it to better suit yourself?
I’ve actually been a big fan of it. I don’t follow it 100% but I think replacing white fish and chicken with red meat can definitely make a difference.

I didn’t totally abandon fish and chicken, but like the diet states red meat and rice are meals the body processes easily and allows u to eat more

THX
11-11-2018, 02:29 PM
I think it's a decent diet for beginners and people that don't have much time. Covers pretty much everything. It's kinda boring though. I tried it for a month and I got good results but I got tired of it pretty quick.

Maker18847
11-11-2018, 03:42 PM
I'm a week in and I'm already bored with it :/

Fuck it though, I'm riding the gain train until I get where I need to go
I think it's a decent diet for beginners and people that don't have much time. Covers pretty much everything. It's kinda boring though. I tried it for a month and I got good results but I got tired of it pretty quick.

THX
11-11-2018, 11:28 PM
I'm a week in and I'm already bored with it :/

Fuck it though, I'm riding the gain train until I get where I need to go

You gotta be creative to be able to stick with it. But as I mentioned before, it's a solid diet. Get some spices you like, steaks etc.

leftkz
11-11-2018, 11:41 PM
I don't think it's a bad diet, but I don't think theres anything special about it.

joko123
11-12-2018, 01:43 AM
All I eat primarily now is red meat for my protein sources besides from one egg meal in the morning. My digestion is the best it’s ever been and I feel great. I’ve take a a lot of principles from this and use them. White rice is my only carb as well besides oats in the AM. IM not completely versed on his whole diet but my I do like the little I know about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jackman96
11-12-2018, 03:24 AM
I bought Stan’s book and followed the diet for 6 months January through July of this year.

I went from 250 to 200lbs completely changing my physique. All my health markers improved and I was blasting gear the whole time, including a 12 week test n tren cycle with 8 weeks of Winny and clenbuteral.

At 250 my blood pressure was so high that wanted to immediately put me on meds. One month in I was down 20lbs and bp was normal.

Hands down the best diet made for performance athletes and bodybuilders. Plus his timing and utilization of fruit juices and salt throughout the day is basically purposely designed to keep your appetite up and liver healthy for, eoescially useful if you are on orals.

I highly suggest showing Stan some love and buying the book off his site. Worth every penny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk