PDA

View Full Version : Gear in cold environments

Jnyman79
11-04-2018, 02:44 PM
Does it hurt finished gear to store it in environments where the temperature will be freezing during the winter? I don’t want to keep all of it in my home so my option to store it is my shop or a barn but don’t want to ruin it.

JJ14
11-04-2018, 04:16 PM
Does it hurt finished gear to store it in environments where the temperature will be freezing during the winter? I don’t want to keep all of it in my home so my option to store it is my shop or a barn but don’t want to ruin it.It's not a good idea cause it will crash and wont hold then you have to warm it up everytime you want to inject. There were times my gear crashed and I would try to warm it up and just wouldnt hold at all.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jnyman79
11-04-2018, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the info... I didn’t know.

sa355355
11-04-2018, 06:16 PM
It will most likely crash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ranger15
11-04-2018, 06:42 PM
Yeah that's a terrible idea as others have said it will crash and potentially not ever hold again. I've got some really good inject orals that came to me crashed and no matter what now they just won't hold. They ideal store area for gear is inside your home in a dresser drawers.

Cowboymike
11-04-2018, 11:35 PM
I have an ammo box that I glued a dark, egg carton looking foam into, to totally insulate it... I’ve been able to store in the closet, in the safe and even in the attic without an issue... sometimes I’ll even keep a heating pad wrapped around it and leave it on low...

bigpapapumpaf
11-05-2018, 12:23 PM
It will crash and it will mix again. As long as its an oil based product you are good to go.

Most raw products in real labs are stored in freezing temps to avoid oxidation.

BPP