PDA

View Full Version : Question on effects of Opiates on T and E levels

kuntrykok
04-24-2012, 01:13 PM
Hey could some of the bros chime in on the effects of opiates on T and E levels? Had two spinal fusions and a few other issues and currently take ***** and wondering how to proceed aside from blood testing. Is age another factor. (Mid 40's).
Thanks in advance.

Thehog18
04-24-2012, 02:08 PM
Yes its been shown that opiates will lower test levels. Although it may take prolonged use in most ppl. If they are taken for a short period of time you shld be ok. We are talking like 6to 8 months for test to lower. You also need to look for how much acetometophine is in them. that stuff does take a toll on ur liver and protien synthesis. Not sure about opiates and e levels tho.

kuntrykok
04-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Thanks man, it's been over a year on daily use.

dirtwarrior
04-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Even short time use will lower T levels, but only while the drug is active

kuntrykok
04-24-2012, 04:39 PM
So since I have started T replacement therapy (self administered) hopefully this will keep my levels up considering my pain therapy. I may talk to my PM doctor and see icome would consider some T treatment??

niko
04-24-2012, 07:24 PM
He is going to want to check your testosterone levels. Since you are already self admin. your levels will most likely be normal or to high for trt. How long have you been giving yourself test injections and what typ? Hope you dont mind me asking hey maybe you know all this already LOL.

kuntrykok
04-24-2012, 09:55 PM
2 weeks test E - 250 Mgs per week- already feel like a new person. I may not even say anything because if I want to cycle in the future, I would get busted on the monitoring. Prob will just self admin for the time being.