PDA

View Full Version : F.I.S.T.Italian Style Broiled Tilapia

STEROID
04-24-2012, 11:33 PM
F.I.S.T.Italian Style Broiled Tilapia

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4881/ic5qv4ir2p.jpg (http://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.freeonlinephotoeditor. com%2F)

Total Time: 15 Minutes
Serves: 6

Ingredients:

1/2 cup grated fat free Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup fat free butter, softened
6 tablespoons fat free mayonnaise
2 -3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (or to taste)
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon onion Powder
1/8 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
2 lbs tilapia fillets

Directions:

Preheat your oven's broiler. Spray a broiling pan or aluminum foil with non stick cooking spray.
In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside.
Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over, and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side, then Sprinkle with Old Bay Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish.
I served mine with Fettuccine Alfredo.

Nutritional Info (Without Fettuccine)

Serving Size: 1 Filet
Amount Per Serving

Calories 237
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 107 mg
Sodium 365 mg
Total Carbohydrate 5 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 34 g

STEROID
04-24-2012, 11:33 PM
Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe.Just add to the above recipe for a complete meal and full Nutritional Info.

Total Time: 50 Minutes
Servings: 6

Ingredients

2 cups fat-free milk
8 large cloves garlic, peeled
1/2 teaspoon salt substitute
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Pinch of ground nutmeg
1 pound whole-wheat fettuccine
2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese,
3/4 cup freshly grated fat free Parmesan cheese, divided
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Preparation

Put a large pot of water on to boil.
Combine milk and garlic in a heavy medium saucepan; bring to a simmer over low heat. Simmer gently until the garlic is tender and the milk has reduced to 1 1/2 cups, 15 to 25 minutes. Let cool slightly.
Puree milk and garlic in a blender until smooth. (Use caution when blending hot liquids.) Return to the pan and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Keep the sauce warm.
Meanwhile, cook fettuccine until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and transfer to a warmed large bowl.
Whisk cream cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan into the sauce. Add to the fettuccine and toss well. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately, passing the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan separately.

Nutrition

Per serving: 361 calories;
3g fat ( 1 g sat , 2 g mono );
15 mg cholesterol;
63 g carbohydrates;
19 g protein;
10 g fiber;
113 mg sodium;
210 mg potassium.

Familyguy
04-25-2012, 01:10 AM
I'm so glad you posted this. I'm cutting right now and eating tilapia 4 days a week so I'm running out of ideas pretty quick. Thanks

STEROID
04-25-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm so glad you posted this. I'm cutting right now and eating tilapia 4 days a week so I'm running out of ideas pretty quick. Thanks

No problem brother.Ive got several Tilapia recipes posted in here for you to check out.

Familyguy
04-25-2012, 09:32 PM
I've used quite a few of them and they've all been pretty good.

kuntrykok
04-25-2012, 10:28 PM
that shit was good, had it tonight, but used Swai.... Thanks for the post.

STEROID
04-25-2012, 11:15 PM
I've used quite a few of them and they've all been pretty good.

Thank you sir.Glad you like them.

that shit was good, had it tonight, but used Swai.... Thanks for the post.

You're welcome.Im glad you liked it.Thanks for the reply.

Johnnyboy004
09-04-2012, 02:26 AM
This one looks delicious. This section is awesome.

Emericant
09-05-2012, 12:10 AM
That looks amazing bro

TheGrrrl
09-05-2012, 12:48 AM
How does it taste with the fat free dairy products? I am a huge fan of butter..

Johnnyboy004
09-05-2012, 02:25 AM

I use, I can't believe it's not butter spray...that stuff is amazing. It has zero calories and tastes great. It's not as easy to cook w as real butter of course. But i use it as a substitute all the time.

TheGrrrl
09-05-2012, 03:00 AM
I use, I can't believe it's not butter spray...that stuff is amazing. It has zero calories and tastes great. It's not as easy to cook w as real butter of course. But i use it as a substitute all the time. Thanks normally butter substitutes taste pretty bad. I'll have to try this one out.

STEROID
09-06-2012, 01:32 AM
This one looks delicious. This section is awesome.

That looks amazing bro

I use, I can't believe it's not butter spray...that stuff is amazing. It has zero calories and tastes great. It's not as easy to cook w as real butter of course. But i use it as a substitute all the time.

Thank you guys.This really is a great tasting dish.

As for the butter substitute,as Johnnyboy stated,there are many great tasting butter substitutes out there such as the one he stated............I CANT BELIEVE ITS NOT BUTTER. You can always use half real butter and half substitute if you prefer.This will of course change the nutritional info slightly but not too bad.Always feel free to substitute any of these recipes to better suit your tastes or preferences.

skullcrusher
09-06-2012, 01:51 AM
all good...

STEROID
09-08-2012, 08:07 PM
all good...

Thanks SK.