PDA

View Full Version : medicare and TRT

dirtwarrior
04-25-2012, 12:45 PM
I am using UGL test e @ 200 mg per week for TRT. My test levels are at upper 900's. Will medicare pay for TRT? I would love to get legit stuff for free.

baby1
04-25-2012, 12:55 PM
What ever carrier you have for your scripts may cover it, but medicare itself won't. The RX company may require a copy of your recent lab for testeosterone level, or your doc may have to write to them explaining why you need to be on TRT! Call the company and ask them if it is covered and what is required of them for it to be covered.

dirtwarrior
04-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Thanks I stopped using test this week. Sunday is when I pin. Most likely will shut down hard. Test levels will plummet.
How long after last pin should I get bloods?

baby1
04-25-2012, 01:35 PM
How long after last pin should I get bloods?

Not sure so let's see what others have to say, but a doc once mentioned that test levels are at their peak in the early morning.

kuntrykok
04-25-2012, 02:56 PM
You would need to have Medicare Part D and then based on which company administers the Part D Plan would decide what the price would be. ( copay or %) if you only have Medicare Part A and B then you would be paying the full out of pocket price. Shouldn't be too high for Cyp I wouldn't think as I am sure there are several brands out there.