PDA

View Full Version : Zinc

Popeye*
01-02-2019, 06:47 PM
Just wanted to share my experience over the past year with anyone that’s interested.

I started taking a generic OTC zinc supplement for general health January of 2018. I take other supplements as well to combat different things but this was the first year I supplemented with Zinc.

I was told that it would regulate estrogen (lower it rather than regulate I suppose) and also prevent many types of common sicknesses like the common cold.

Now I typically get sick around thanksgiving every year...like clockwork. This year I didn’t get the least bit sick with anything.

I take 25-50mg a day with food. If I take it on an empty stomach I tend to get nauseous.

My experience anyway.

Zomb131
01-02-2019, 08:15 PM
Zinc prevents the virus from multiplying. That's why you're supposed to take it as soon as you feel the onset of a sickness. I believe the typical dose, for sickness, is 50-75mg/day.

I'd be more interested in zinc's effect on beta cells.

Popeye*
01-02-2019, 08:39 PM
That’s interesting Zomb. I’ve never looked into the tech specs of it though. Always cool hearing from others that know more than I do.

Also read up that garlic shortens the common cold up to like 75%...side note but I find this stuff interesting.

Ooorah devil btw

Zinc prevents the virus from multiplying. That's why you're supposed to take it as soon as you feel the onset of a sickness. I believe the typical dose, for sickness, is 50-75mg/day.

I'd be more interested in zinc's effect on beta cells.

Popeye

PAiN
01-02-2019, 09:27 PM
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

DD79
01-02-2019, 10:11 PM
Good info Bro! May have to incorporate some Zinc into my diet.

~-Respect, DD79-~

German89
01-02-2019, 10:30 PM
I use zinc lotion on my acne

Popeye*
01-02-2019, 10:50 PM
I use zinc lotion on my acne

Ahhhh cool. I knew someone that used zinc with tea tree oil lotion for acne. Never used it but hear it works great!

Popeye

German89
01-02-2019, 10:56 PM
Ahhhh cool. I knew someone that used zinc with tea tree oil lotion for acne. Never used it but hear it works great!

Popeye

Yeah. I litterally just picked tea tree up too because, I cant get 10% benzoyl peroxide over here without a script. I can get 5% and it doesnt do shit for me

Popeye*
01-08-2019, 04:30 PM
I wanted to update my research on this Subject

ED? Well general health anyway...
1. Zinc is a key mineral that cells use to metabolize nutrients. Immune function, DNA and protein production, and cell division are all related to zinc levels in the body.
2. Zinc enables the male body to produce testosterone. Because of this, levels of zinc “may affect” erectile dysfunction.

Good sources of Zinc:
Oysters 5.3 mg per medium oyster
Crab 6.5 mg per 3oz king
Lobster 3.4 mg per 3oz
Roasted, skinless chicken breast .9mg per 3oz
Large Egg .6mg
Mushrooms or Kale both 0.4 mg per 1 cup
Hummus 1.1 mg per .75 cup
Steel Cut Oats .9mg per .5 cup
Fortified Cereal In general, one serving provides about 3.8 mg depending on brand and type.

Popeye

Elvia1023
01-09-2019, 02:52 AM
Zinc is generally a fantastic supplement for men and bodybuilders. I would recommend a good ZMA product pre bed. Amazing for improving the quality of your sleep, recovery, skin, blood pressure, immune system etc.

Enigma
01-11-2019, 01:11 AM
Zinc to prevent stretch marks.

In 1987 when I first started juicing I read an article about stretch marks. I would rather have skinny arms than big muscles with stretch marks. The article was by a BB obstetrician who wondered why no research was done on stretch marks. He found no one cared because "only BB and pregnant women get them". So he started researching and found that zinc could prevent them. He started putting his patients on 30-50mg of zinc (picolinate, I think) a day and NONE of them got stretch marks!
So I started taking 30mg of zinc and as I went from 145lbs to up to 220lbs and I have NO visible stretch marks. I am sure plenty of this is genetics but anything that might help is welcomed.

Popeye*
01-11-2019, 03:30 AM
Zinc to prevent stretch marks.

In 1987 when I first started juicing I read an article about stretch marks. I would rather have skinny arms than big muscles with stretch marks. The article was by a BB obstetrician who wondered why no research was done on stretch marks. He found no one cared because "only BB and pregnant women get them". So he started researching and found that zinc could prevent them. He started putting his patients on 30-50mg of zinc (picolinate, I think) a day and NONE of them got stretch marks!
So I started taking 30mg of zinc and as I went from 145lbs to up to 220lbs and I have NO visible stretch marks. I am sure plenty of this is genetics but anything that might help is welcomed.

Very very cool experience and that is freakin awesome that you studied and employed the protocol for yourself.

Thanks for the info enigma very cool stuff!

Popeye

RETIC
01-11-2019, 05:22 AM
Great info thanks for sharing

Biggaintime
02-07-2019, 03:21 AM
A regular Centrum multivitamin @ 2 pills a day = 30mg zinc.
When I was a kid I had a whole shelf full of vitamins and a multi. Including garlic, Cayenne, milk thistle, and so much more. I do believe it all makes a difference. How ever, anymore I just take a multi only.

Kenny43
02-10-2019, 02:02 AM
does zinc really help with estrogen?

Popeye*
02-11-2019, 03:13 AM
does zinc really help with estrogen?

Studies have shown it does help level it out. Only one way to find out for yourself though Kenny my friend. Go get a couple of bottles and see how u do.

Btw I take every single day. Never have estrogen problems and typically only use nolva EOD or ED on a heavy cycle. Everyone is different this is just my experience. Gettin the right amount of zinc in has more benefits than just helping with estro IMO.

Good luck dude!

Popeye

ragnarok88
02-20-2019, 06:31 PM
Thanks for sharing bro.

Zinc is a good supplement. I take 40mg per day, is a great support in PCT too

SwoleSooner
02-20-2019, 06:53 PM
Zinc is generally a fantastic supplement for men and bodybuilders. I would recommend a good ZMA product pre bed. Amazing for improving the quality of your sleep, recovery, skin, blood pressure, immune system etc.

ZMA gives me amazing sleep but Tren-like dreams. I cannot take it while running tren, so I'm screwed half the year. Lmao. Good mineral though