PDA

View Full Version : Son wanted to talk about AAS

MEB
01-25-2019, 05:17 PM
Last night my son was asking about the things that I do to get big and look the way that I do he asked if I have ever done AAS and when he did my wife looked at me with that look that I better talk to him about is so I did I told him what I do and why I do it long story short we both agree nows not the time he works out really hard and looks great he is going into his last year of high school and wants to remember it so my question is to all of you have you ever had to tell your kids about what we do and why we do it

thewannabeskibum
01-25-2019, 09:08 PM
Last night my son was asking about the things that I do to get big and look the way that I do he asked if I have ever done AAS and when he did my wife looked at me with that look that I better talk to him about is so I did I told him what I do and why I do it long story short we both agree nows not the time he works out really hard and looks great he is going into his last year of high school and wants to remember it so my question is to all of you have you ever had to tell your kids about what we do and why we do it

Great Question. No kids yet but I want to hear others answers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chadmack282
01-25-2019, 09:47 PM
That is a tough 1!!!!

anomily88
01-25-2019, 10:15 PM
I have friends that juiced their kids up alot I wont do it but when they hit 18 I still would discourage it but not up to me anymore my son is 14 and wants to I just bought him some creatine and some protien shakes

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

joko123
01-25-2019, 10:17 PM
I would tell me son no my parents told me died dog ran away but they he they put him down when he was suffering from pancreatic cancer. I forgave them , the less he knows the better, teenage years you feel invincible and experiment, let him know that it’s just hard work. No easy way out Atleast that’s what I would tell me son if I had one lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJ14
01-25-2019, 11:06 PM
Everybody has their own ways to parent. Me personally my kids are not at that age where they would ask me but when they are I would tell them it's from a great diet, great workout plan and dedication cause my kids look up to me so if I told them the truth and explain to them how bad it is for them they will think well I'll just hide it cause you do it and wanna be like you. Idk bro I would just explain how dangerous it is and is not needed and hope they make the right decisions and if they decided to do it not to hide it and we would talk about it. You know the deal once kids get to that age where you cant control them and they will do it regardless then I would explain how to do it a safer way and give them knowledge cause I'd rather them be safe than not knowing what they are doing and hiding it and possible really fucking themselves up. Just my 2 cents I'm sure you will get a bunch of differnt opinions.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MEB
01-25-2019, 11:16 PM
I told him that I did not start until my body just responding to everything I did as far a the legal way. He went and got some things a GNC and I was reading the label and it is amazing the crap they put in things so I ordered him the basics that the body needs as far as good fats and vitamins some protein. He does respond very well to what he does in the gym so we are both on the same page now. I did tell him when the time comes and he wanted to I would be there with him so he does it the right way but that's later in life

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JJ14
01-26-2019, 12:51 PM
I told him that I did not start until my body just responding to everything I did as far a the legal way. He went and got some things a GNC and I was reading the label and it is amazing the crap they put in things so I ordered him the basics that the body needs as far as good fats and vitamins some protein. He does respond very well to what he does in the gym so we are both on the same page now. I did tell him when the time comes and he wanted to I would be there with him so he does it the right way but that's later in life

Sent from my SM-G960U using TapatalkNice. That's great where you guys can just talk to each other about things like that cause me growing up I never would ask my dad about that and he was a strict parent and is the reason I wouldnt talk to him about things. This is why I try to be cool with my kids to where we know I'm your parent still and your friend. Ya i dont buy much sups anymore especially not from GNC. Only thing I use is protein and amino acids and dont trust 90% of products in that store. Glad it worked out for you bro.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MEB
01-26-2019, 02:46 PM
Ya I told him to ask about sups b4 he buys them. I said just because a friend takes them dosen't mean they are going to work just so I know he pays attention I told him I would pay for half of what he bought so that I know what he is doing and to never go to GNC

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Enigma
01-26-2019, 05:42 PM
I would consider this a great “teaching moment”. It gives you several opportunities:

You don’t need to explain anything to your child BUT, because he is almost an “adult”, you make the choice to explain and educate him on the subject. From what steroids actually do, their realistic risks and benefits. The concepts of educating yourself (himself) before making a decision to proceed. “Look before leaping” so to speak.

You also have the benefit of showing him that honesty, regardless of its implication and how uncomfortable, is ALWAYS the right thing to do/say.

Additionally, it’s an opportunity to share a hobby, goals and information in training together, talking about and LIVING the right nutritional lifestyle.

So many facets to this opportunity IMO. Being honest and showing him how to be a credible, non-hypocrite person will have an intense and lasting effect on him...hopefully.

As stated before, I would make it clear that you don’t answer to him nor do you have to explain yourself BUT aredoing so in the spirit of candor and education. This makes the conversation/lesson more earnest from his POV, hopefully.

Jrz13
01-27-2019, 07:50 PM
I have a 17 soon to be 18 yo son and a 10 yo son. They know I just recently went on trt after a long time of being miserable due to my hormones being totally fucked from a modest mostly on sometimes off decade of aas. My son and his friends are all athletes and I used it to show them my blood work showing my diminished test levels and the permanent damage my body won't recover from. Now that I'm on for the rest of my life I told them (with my wife popping shit in the background ) what can happen and what I have to deal with. FYI I'm a truck driver not a multi million dollar athlete... I played the cool dad card, all you can do is arm them with the knowledge the rest is out of your hands.

Thebricklayer
01-27-2019, 09:16 PM
That would be a tough call for me. Honesty is most always the best policy in my opinion. My son is 27 and the "do as I say not as I do" mantra has worked out well so far.