PDA

View Full Version : Possible Abscess...

bodean30
01-31-2019, 11:34 PM
I think I might be dealing with a possible abscess. Definitely doesn't look or feel like an infection. No redness or heat. No fever.

It's in my left vg. Swollen as fuck and I can barely walk. Started to hurt a little bit on Sunday. I did take an injection there on Saturday. Figured it's just random pip which goes away in a day or so. It has just been getting progressively worse.

So... Here I am sitting in an urgent care.

They gave me an anti-inflammatory injection and sending me home with antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory. Hopefully it subsides and an ER visit won't be next.

Any fellow brothers dealt with this bullshit? Any words of advice?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

DubleDizzle
02-01-2019, 01:54 PM
I think I might be dealing with a possible abscess. Definitely doesn't look or feel like an infection. No redness or heat. No fever.

It's in my left vg. Swollen as fuck and I can barely walk. Started to hurt a little bit on Sunday. I did take an injection there on Saturday. Figured it's just random pip which goes away in a day or so. It has just been getting progressively worse.

So... Here I am sitting in an urgent care.

They gave me an anti-inflammatory injection and sending me home with antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory. Hopefully it subsides and an ER visit won't be next.

Any fellow brothers dealt with this bullshit? Any words of advice?

Sent from my SM-N920V using TapatalkI am dealing with this too. I pin in the VG daily. But this week I tried a test base in my left vg. And every day since this shit hurts!!! What did dr say it was?

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

bodean30
02-01-2019, 02:43 PM
I am dealing with this too. I pin in the VG daily. But this week I tried a test base in my left vg. And every day since this shit hurts!!! What did dr say it was?

Sent from my SM-J737P using TapatalkShe thinks it may possibly be a sterile abscess. Mainly because I steered her in that direction. Not much else it could be at this point.

This anti-inflammatory, Toradol, is really helping out so far. As long as everything subsides in the next day or two I should be good to go. Otherwise it's to the ER to get it drained.

After 6+ years of doing this shit I guess it was bound to happen at some point.

Enigma
02-01-2019, 03:11 PM
At least they gave you ketorolac, my favorite of NSAIDs. Even a small dose of any corticosteroid is very destructive.

You probably just had a bad pinning. It happens sometimes no matter the “cleanliness” of your technique.
My wife pinned me a bit low on my glute and the second it went in I knew it would be bad. Sure enough, by day 2 it was swollen and getting worse. The swellling went from my glute to my outer thigh. No heat, no fever, just wicked swelling. It was pretty hard too and so I figured no abscess. This happened about three weeks before a show so I still was doing 1 1/2 hours of recumbent bike per day, sitting on that miserable, painful swelling. I actually bailed out of the show because by day 10 it still was unsightly. Of course by contest day it was fine but it was too late as I had quit my diet and training in favor of healing.

I’ll post the pics in a following response.

If you aren’t getting feverish and the area isn't warm, I doubt it is an infection. Just give it time to heal. Most physicians are completely clueless to the ins and outs of what we do and some of the occurrences that happen from time to time.

DubleDizzle
02-01-2019, 03:12 PM
She thinks it may possibly be a sterile abscess. Mainly because I steered her in that direction. Not much else it could be at this point.

This anti-inflammatory, Toradol, is really helping out so far. As long as everything subsides in the next day or two I should be good to go. Otherwise it's to the ER to get it drained.

After 6+ years of doing this shit I guess it was bound to happen at some point.

Sent from my SM-N920V using TapatalkI feel that mine is going away slowly but still. Been keeping me awake at night. Slept like shit all week. Good luck brother I hope we both get through it.

DubleDizzle
02-01-2019, 03:14 PM
At least they gave you ketorolac, my favorite of NSAIDs. Even a small dose of any corticosteroid is very destructive.

You probably just had a bad pinning. It happens sometimes no matter the “cleanliness” of your technique.
My wife pinned me a bit low on my glute and the second it went in I knew it would be bad. Sure enough, by day 2 it was swollen and getting worse. The swellling went from my glute to my outer thigh. No heat, no fever, just wicked swelling. It was pretty hard too and so I figured no abscess. This happened about three weeks before a show so I still was doing 1 1/2 hours of recumbent bike per day, sitting on that miserable, painful swelling. I actually bailed out of the show because by day 10 it still was unsightly. Of course by contest day it was fine but it was too late as I had quit my diet and training in favor of healing.

I’ll post the pics in a following response.

If you aren’t getting feverish and the area isn't warm, I doubt it is an infection. Just give it time to heal. Most physicians are completely clueless to the ins and outs of what we do and some of the occurrences that happen from time to time.U described my situation too. I feel it will subside. No pinning on my left side til it's gone.

Enigma
02-01-2019, 03:15 PM
Sorry about the man ass and sideways pics.

DubleDizzle
02-01-2019, 03:19 PM

3706737068Damn. My problem is no where near that. I'm not gonna worry. Hope that all healed now.

DubleDizzle
02-01-2019, 03:21 PM
So do u think if you get any gear sub q and not all the way into the muscle that this is what causes this lump and pain??

Dont wanna be old
02-01-2019, 03:32 PM
Call around and look for DMSO cream .
Heating pad . Heating pad or water bottle
If someone wants to try TAD600 hit me up . I have 1 vial . I will express ship . Pin 1/2 vial day 1 and 1/2 next day .< Read up on it and this would be interesting experiment to prove its ability .
Be well
DWBO

Dont wanna be old
02-01-2019, 03:39 PM
https://brotherhoodofpain.com/anything-goes-/13442-1-mistake-meek.html?highlight=meek
This is my experience and yet I still pin .
I use MDLIVE app on my phone . At least once a year I end up needing antibiotics .
Even Dr offices and hospital experience bad pins and cellulitis so this isn't exclusive to meathead bodybuilders .
DWBO

Geareduprn
02-01-2019, 05:07 PM
Truth is there isn't much more you can do other than antibiotics and anti inflammatories. I had a bad one in my arm last year. Got some IV abx in the ER and the next day it kinda started to come to a head. I saved it with an 18 guage and pushed out a couple hundred cc of puss and fluid. Keep an eye on it. If it gets worse go to the ER so they can do some labs and an ultrasound

Geareduprn
02-01-2019, 05:07 PM
Truth is there isn't much more you can do other than antibiotics and anti inflammatories. I had a bad one in my arm last year. Got some IV abx in the ER and the next day it kinda started to come to a head. I saved it with an 18 guage and pushed out a couple hundred cc of puss and fluid. Keep an eye on it. If it gets worse go to the ER so they can do some labs and an ultrasound

Stabbed not saved

bodean30
02-01-2019, 09:59 PM

3706737068That's pretty much exactly what I got going on.
Sucks, but it's good to know I'm not the only one.

bodean30
02-01-2019, 10:01 PM
Truth is there isn't much more you can do other than antibiotics and anti inflammatories. I had a bad one in my arm last year. Got some IV abx in the ER and the next day it kinda started to come to a head. I saved it with an 18 guage and pushed out a couple hundred cc of puss and fluid. Keep an eye on it. If it gets worse go to the ER so they can do some labs and an ultrasoundThat's where I'm at here.
It was hurting so bad and I couldn't sleep I almost pulled out the 18g and started stabbing.
Luckily it's starting to feel better. Still hobbling around like a 90 year old man but it's getting better...

bodean30
02-01-2019, 10:05 PM
So do u think if you get any gear sub q and not all the way into the muscle that this is what causes this lump and pain??

Sent from my SM-J737P using TapatalkI personally think so. I think what contributed to mine was I didn't go as deep as I usually do. I usually sink a 1" 25g all the way in. I must have went maybe ?" this time. Made sure to sink this last one all the way.

Dungan23
02-02-2019, 04:52 AM
Abscess ‘s are no joke man, I’ve had a few in my day,literally now whenever I get slight symptoms I panic. Like what I documented in my eq thread, they are scary and in the event they gotta be lanced you get another ugly scar. Good luck to those who seem to have the early signs to them, i feel for ya.

German89
02-02-2019, 04:58 AM
Yall need a doctor

Please. Seek medical attention. You need antibiotics. It can get worse. I've seen it happen. Just tell doc. B12 shot

SadSavage1
02-02-2019, 05:45 AM
My ass has literally looked like the op couple of times when I pinned glutes thats why I don't pin glutes lol the pain from those lumps are almost unbearable no joke,me since I didn't have health insurance I just prayed and hoped it would go away, eventually it did, but couldn't walk for like a week no bueno.One time pinned 2 CC's on one shoulder,guess what? I looked like a I had an extra shoulder no bullshit. Imo I think sometimes I think the body needs time to absorb the oil.Not going to lie I was scared shitless lol

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

bodean30
02-02-2019, 03:51 PM
Yall need a doctor

Please. Seek medical attention. You need antibiotics. It can get worse. I've seen it happen. Just tell doc. B12 shotThe doctor I was dealing with had no clue what to do. I was open and honest and steered her in the right direction. Hopefully if she ever gets someone like me in her office again she'll know exactly what to do.
Anti-inflammatory and antibiotics have really made a difference so far.

Enigma
02-02-2019, 08:54 PM
The antibiotics are useless and maybe even damaging if it isn’t an abscess. I’m not about to make a bro-net Dx here but infections are almost certainly accompanied by heat at site and no less than a low grade fever. Acute inflammation due to irritation is NOT an infection.
As I said, physician are pretty clueless to the ins and outs of our world. Don’t believe me? Ask them about steroids sometime. You’ll probably hear “Polly want a cracker?”

IReallyLoveOats
02-05-2019, 03:17 AM
So it is a hard ball in there where you pin, but is not red? So it is probably a sterile absess. Don't worry I think everyone who pins gets them at some point. I've had them in my ass. I don't get them anymore bc my girl stabs me now and she is very careful and methodical about it. Before I just pinned myself and was all shaky and shit.

You can get rid of it by heated massage. Take a quick hot shower and start rubbing it then, and outside of the shower massage it out. You can use a rice pack and microwave it too to apply heat outside of the shower. Just as often as you can heated massage and it'll go away.

Dco671
02-25-2019, 05:03 PM
U described my situation too. I feel it will subside. No pinning on my left side til it's gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggaintime
02-25-2019, 05:42 PM
Okay I'll be the one to say it

You're going to lose the leg

Just kidding.
Hope you feel better in a few days

bodean30
02-26-2019, 11:15 PM
Okay I'll be the one to say it

You're going to lose the leg

Just kidding.
Hope you feel better in a few daysBro... I died. Have a little respect.
Haha, all is good.

Except now I'm dealing with a broken wrist. I'm on a roll recently. Way to end a good tren cycle. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190226/0e1fa7d6d71b3232ae71fe1be3ef597e.jpg

Shawn2005
02-27-2019, 12:04 AM
Thanks for the info. I think I did a bad pin Sunday. My right quad is screaming. I even took some naproxen to help. Been on for over 2 years and I never had pain like this. Came on to check it out.