PDA

View Full Version : Ladies help!!! How to get my wife past the notion of if I lift I will get bulky!!

Game3004
02-03-2019, 01:23 PM
I got my wife started in the gym two weeks ago. We go every morning and run on the treadmill because she likes it. Only a mile. Then hit 45 mins of working out light weights 20 reps 3 sets. She will only work specific areas. And won’t listen to me that if she wants to burn fat faster.she would get better results doing heavy weight lower reps and train the whole body. Throughout the week for maximum fat burn through out the day. She keeps with this if I lift heavy I’m gonna get big crap. I ask her what makes her think that? She says because she has seen your body change in the past two years. I tell her yeah two years and I train way different. I’m down 50lbs and trade a few pounds of fat every couple months for muscle I tried to tell her she would have to eat more calories and train way harder than she is to put on size. Due to the fact that women don’t produce enough testosterone to build like men, but I’m her husband and don’t know what I’m talking about. How can I help get her past this thought? She’s 5’1” 1/2 130lbs... I thinks she looks good all over but she says her stomach and thighs need to go.. oh and she has a booty like none other.

Oldskool
02-03-2019, 01:48 PM
Ugh.... I've delt with this Arguement with every single freakin gf I've had!

And you know what....99% of the time it doesn't matter what u tell them, how u tell them, how scientifically u explain it, they wont fkin listen!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bebeav
02-03-2019, 03:26 PM
Just show her many instagram profile of fitness girl. Pics, vids and how many years they've been workint out.

joko123
02-03-2019, 03:39 PM
Lmao it always makes me laugh when women say this. I’ve literally never seen a woman who looks “bulky” unless they’re competing in open bodybuilding for women. Show her pictures of people who lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QueenOG
02-03-2019, 03:44 PM
Show her my noodle arm that does the same lifts as my non noodle arm[emoji57]

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

MrsBot
02-03-2019, 05:51 PM
I've been bulking. I've always been a little person and it's done wonders for for me all the way around. I have pics on my log. Try not to get to frustrated. Idk why I listened to my husband but I did and I'm glad.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Primemuscle
02-03-2019, 06:04 PM
I hear this all the time and it’s definitely a misconception from lack of knowledge.. first off, women do not have the same amount of white muscle fiber types as men (which is what gives us males the ability to get size and density). So women have to try extra hard to get ‘big’ via eating incredible amounts of food and also becoming enhanced. And no I don’t mean just anavar or gh.. Try explaining that to her.

There’s also a book called lift like a man, look like a goddess.. buy it for her and have her read it. It’ll explain more of what I mentioned above as well as probably give her a better idea of what she needs to do to look like a goddess, not a bulky she dude like she’s currently assuming lol

joko123
02-03-2019, 11:24 PM
I mean if you look around the gym also there’s not that many dudes that look bulky either. Her odds are pretty good for maintaining a feminine physique

Primemuscle
02-03-2019, 11:28 PM
I mean if you look around the gym also there’s not that many dudes that look bulky either. Her odds are pretty good for maintaining a feminine physique

Lmfao... True story.

MrsBot
02-03-2019, 11:39 PM
I will say this, the best thing my husband did for me was just be encouraging. He continued to tell me how great I looked and pointed out any kind of progress whatsoever. It helped knowing that no matter how much I picked myself apart, he wasn't going for it at all. So, keep encouraging her and tell her that you're proud. It goes a long way. Good luck to both of you.

Primemuscle
02-03-2019, 11:42 PM
I will say this, the best thing my husband did for me was just be encouraging. He continued to tell me how great I looked and pointed out any kind of progress whatsoever. It helped knowing that no matter how much I picked myself apart, he wasn't going for it at all. So, keep encouraging her and tell her that you're proud. It goes a long way. Good luck to both of you.

That’s how it should be. Celebrate the progression and enjoy the process. Definitely helps when your spouse is on board and positively encouraging as well as acknowledging your efforts/progression.

cyberninja
02-03-2019, 11:47 PM
Dude I’m in the same boat...my wife hates the gym and won’t go...but she talks about going. Luckily she somehow manages at 37 to remain pretty smoking hot...but if she’d put a little effort into going regularly she’d be mind blowing in no time

Game3004
02-04-2019, 02:40 AM

That’s what I have always done! I think she’s perfect the way she is. I told I would help anyway I could but this is her decision and not me asking her too!! She knows I didn’t marry her for looks

Docmartin1020
03-09-2019, 02:52 PM
How Ironic bro my wife is 5'2 and she weighs 124 with a phenomenal ass. My wife trains with me 5 to 6 times a week she does chest, back, legs, shoulders, biceps and triceps. Also abs every other day cardio every day. With that being said she used to think the same way your wife does. I dont want to get bulky. After the 2nd month she started getting really nice definition body and she also gained a few pounds but dropped the body fat. She trains each muscle group with me very hard, and she hasn't bulked up just got in very good shape. Tell your wife she won't bulk up she'll just tone out. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Stephen375
06-03-2019, 12:03 PM
Could be, she doesn't want to lift???

jimbosmith316
06-03-2019, 01:00 PM
I hear the same thing, omg I will get bigger and the scale won't show me smaller numbers if I get all big and stuff. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk