PDA

View Full Version : Infection!!

kaneman
02-23-2019, 05:50 PM
Well popped my cherry lastnight and had to go to the er from a bad infection. Pinned some gear last sat and it was initially a bit sore but I figured it was just the DHB and some pip. Continued getting worse and worse and last night I showed the wife and she made me go in. Glad i did though cause they caught it before it was an absess which is good. Gave me a shit load of iv antibiotics and a bunch of other to take for the next week. Shit is pretty sore but I’m glad I went in when I did. Just a reminder brothers I’ve been doing this for 6-7 years now and never had a problem but never get complacent. I don’t know what I did maybe didn’t wipe the vial top good enough maybe didn’t wipe area good enough, don’t know but one thing I do know is I’ll be double tripple checking everything from now on. Stay safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hayabusa_muscle
02-23-2019, 06:15 PM
Happy your good.
Always triple check sterile and safety.

Much respect

Biggaintime
02-23-2019, 06:19 PM
Well popped my cherry lastnight and had to go to the er from a bad infection. Pinned some gear last sat and it was initially a bit sore but I figured it was just the DHB and some pip. Continued getting worse and worse and last night I showed the wife and she made me go in. Glad i did though cause they caught it before it was an absess which is good. Gave me a shit load of iv antibiotics and a bunch of other to take for the next week. Shit is pretty sore but I’m glad I went in when I did. Just a reminder brothers I’ve been doing this for 6-7 years now and never had a problem but never get complacent. I don’t know what I did maybe didn’t wipe the vial top good enough maybe didn’t wipe area good enough, don’t know but one thing I do know is I’ll be double tripple checking everything from now on. Stay safe

Hard to say I know there's been times where I didn't wipe the top of the vial. Sucks but at least like you said you caught it in time.

GoGoGodzilla
02-23-2019, 08:18 PM
Glad you caught it before it went too far Kaneman!

Ryan1007
02-23-2019, 09:05 PM
Good you caught it early. I know I need to be more careful with wiping the vial. I definitely forget every once in a while.

Posiden
02-23-2019, 09:10 PM
Man tht could have been bad glad you took care of it I 71% alcohol evrything

MrsAlphaOmega
02-23-2019, 09:28 PM

Wow. Sorry to hear that happened to you, the pain must have sucked. Good on your wife to making you go in, I know how stubborn you men can be when it comes to hospitals. Hope you get better soon!

G160
02-24-2019, 03:14 AM

Wow im happy it turned out well mate.
I dont know i have broken every rule of sterility including bad gear nothing yet. One thing i always do i use a drawing needle. Some are more susceptible than others.

thebear
02-24-2019, 04:28 AM
Good reminder. I always triple check everything. Glad you went in and all is ok.

JimmyMcFistacuff
02-24-2019, 04:32 AM
Glad to hear it didnt get to far. Smarr of her to make you go. You need to .make sure you thank her...

JMcF.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Plate Smacker
02-24-2019, 04:48 AM
What did you tell them it was from?

I don't know jack about antibiotics to take and such...
But, is there things that we can get and have on hand prevent having to go in?

I have insurance, but not sure if telling them it was from injecting steroids, and my profession as well, could be an issue.
Or, does HIPAA prevent them from judging and telling your employer and others?

BearsFan
02-24-2019, 02:37 PM

I have insurance, but not sure if telling them it was from injecting steroids, and my profession as well, could be an issue.
Or, does HIPAA prevent them from judging and telling your employer and others?Hippa prevents them from telling anyone outside of who's treating you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

meatneck71
02-24-2019, 05:09 PM
So what were you injecting? Where was the site that was infected? If it happens again with that gear, you should contact the sponsor or perhaps post the name of the gear / check with BOP first to see if you are allowed. I would hate to see others get the same thing from bad gear. Hopefully, it's just an isolated incident and nothing to be concerned with. I've had injections that seem to go south in the past, but it was just super painful gear. Delt hurted like hell, super red, hot and pink inflammation all the way down to the end of my bicep. I ran antibiotics and nothing helped it. Just super painful gear. (Bold Prop 100 / and test 400 ) .

It's a good thing to keep antibiotics on hand like amoxicillin or augmentin. You can pick some of these up at fix stores. I usually buy mine online from amazon and have never ran into any issues with using the brand that I use.

Glad to see they took care of it dude.

Woods
02-24-2019, 06:23 PM
I've done brother trust it sucks !! I'm glad ur okay !!!

kaneman
02-24-2019, 06:37 PM

Or, does HIPAA prevent them from judging and telling your employer and others?

I just said it was from injecting B12 when the nurse was checking me in lol, she looked at me and smirked and chuckled “oh ok”. It was pretty funny actually. The doc asked if i ever injected anything else and I said ya testosterone. He just said ok no worries then.

kaneman
02-24-2019, 06:38 PM
Hippa prevents them from telling anyone outside of who's treating you

Exactly

kaneman
02-24-2019, 06:40 PM
So what were you injecting? Where was the site that was infected? If it happens again with that gear, you should contact the sponsor or perhaps post the name of the gear / check with BOP first to see if you are allowed. I would hate to see others get the same thing from bad gear. Hopefully, it's just an isolated incident and nothing to be concerned with. I've had injections that seem to go south in the past, but it was just super painful gear. Delt hurted like hell, super red, hot and pink inflammation all the way down to the end of my bicep. I ran antibiotics and nothing helped it. Just super painful gear. (Bold Prop 100 / and test 400 ) .

It's a good thing to keep antibiotics on hand like amoxicillin or augmentin. You can pick some of these up at fix stores. I usually buy mine online from amazon and have never ran into any issues with using the brand that I use.

Glad to see they took care of it dude.

I was injecting DHB test and decca in my right flute. It’s deff not the gear cause I pinned two other sites with same gear after I pinned my infected ass and had no issues at all. So no worries there bro

Biggaintime
02-24-2019, 08:53 PM
I just said it was from injecting B12 when the nurse was checking me in lol, she looked at me and smirked and chuckled “oh ok”. It was pretty funny actually. The doc asked if i ever injected anything else and I said ya testosterone. He just said ok no worries then.

That's what I was wondering what were you going to tell them you were injecting LOL

Bulking up on B12

JayGunz
02-25-2019, 12:07 AM
I injected and had the same thing happen. You can tell the doc you are taking test, they don't give a shit.

Anyway, I thought I didn't clean good enough too, so the next time I made sure to triple check my gear. Boom. Another infection. Figured it was the gear.

Luckily, I still had the antibiotics from the last one.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

BearsFan
02-25-2019, 12:14 AM
I was using this stuff I bought from a brewer of a very known lab , used half a vial . Wasn't getting gains , pip for 3 days . Every time I pinned i got a red rash for a few days . I switched gears and boom gains no pip no red rash. Notified the lab got free gear for the problem .

Turns out that brewer wasn't the cleanest and was skipping steps

meatneck71
02-25-2019, 05:26 AM
I was injecting DHB test and decca in my right flute. It’s deff not the gear cause I pinned two other sites with same gear after I pinned my infected ass and had no issues at all. So no worries there bro

Dude! You were sticking a pin in your man flute? Ouch! That hurts just thinking about it!! Just kidding bro! haha. Okay, so DHB is pretty painful to begin with , and there are chances even after it's brewed, it can still crash and cause serious pip. Whenever I have used painful gear, I have always gone for my veteran sites like my delts. Was this the first time you pinned DHB in your glute?

And yeah, I don't know why anyone is worried about telling doctors what they inject anymore, considering the amount of guys that are injecting themselves in TRT programs. It's pretty common these days. I wouldn't have a problem at all telling them what I injected. I'd just tell them that I tried a new site to inject, pinning twice a week is bad enough (wink wink ), and go from there.. Besides, listening to enough doctors talking about medical issues, they would rather you prefer telling them the truth in order to treat the issue correctly instead of wasting precious minutes/hours trying to diagnose the problem. They're not going to arrest ya! :) just fyi to paranoid crowd out there..