PDA

View Full Version : Employer Substance Abuse Testing

Cape
03-01-2019, 03:04 PM
This may have already been covered but has anyone ever seen substance abuse testing include AAS or SARMS for pre employment screening?

Specifically Test , Asin or Nolva

maxmuscle1
03-01-2019, 03:08 PM
No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wshadrick
03-01-2019, 03:08 PM
Nope. Maybe law enforcement or military

Cape
03-01-2019, 04:45 PM
Good news

WhipGetBack
03-01-2019, 04:46 PM
No, sir. We have to comply with Federal guidelines.

SwoleSooner
03-01-2019, 05:31 PM
This may have already been covered but has anyone ever seen substance abuse testing include AAS or SARMS for pre employment screening?

Specifically Test , Asin or Nolva

Absolutely not

thekaratekid
03-02-2019, 12:23 AM
No. When employers are doing drug tests they are looking for illegal and illicit street drugs and/or abuse of prescribed narcotics. They DO NOT EVER test for AAS and/or related ancillaries. NEVER. To perform these kinds of tests are HIGHLY SPECIFIC, SPECIALIZED, AND EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE. Hope that helps

Sent from my LM-X210CM using Tapatalk

thekaratekid
03-02-2019, 12:31 AM
Nope. Maybe law enforcement or militaryNo sir. Not even law enforcement or military.

thekaratekid
03-02-2019, 12:32 AM
No! When employers are doing drug tests they are looking for illegal and illicit street drugs and/or abuse of prescribed narcotics. They DO NOT EVER test for AAS and/or related ancillaries! NEVER!! To perform these kinds of tests are HIGHLY SPECIFIC, SPECIALIZED, AND EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE!

Sent from my LM-X210CM using TapatalkAnd they ESPECIALLY DO NOT TEST FOR SARMS.

Lethal_threat_Labs
03-02-2019, 12:48 AM
Well th completely bullshit I’ve got mates in the USA military that get tested and in Australia we get tested only if you are suspected of using gear I’ll post links if you want of 3 marine’s that lost their jobs over ASS.

No sir. Not even law enforcement or military.

thekaratekid
03-02-2019, 01:12 AM
Sure. Send it AUSSIE! [emoji109] [emoji3]

Jackman96
03-02-2019, 01:14 AM
Nope, but be careful with the fat burners. Specifically clen of ECA

Some of those may test a false positive for amphetamines which is on every employment drug screen.

But I’ve taken several drugs tests on test tren orals nolvadex the whole nine yards and not once had an issue.

C

thekaratekid
03-02-2019, 01:15 AM
Sure. Send it AUSSIE! [emoji109][emoji3]

Plate Smacker
03-02-2019, 03:51 AM
Well th completely bullshit I’ve got mates in the USA military that get tested and in Australia we get tested only if you are suspected of using gear I’ll post links if you want of 3 marine’s that lost their jobs over ASS.

I was a UPL for my unit US Army. I went through the training for the drug testing. I conducted the sample collection.
To test for AAS, there has to be:
-actual paraphernalia found on your person. That being gear and needles.
You can't test for AAS because they are jacked, and people believe they are on AAS.
-Self Identifying: why would someone do that?
-Heard by multiple witnesses discussing use, or seen using. This requires sworn statements, and even more to that.
Even if many Commanders knew, they would care less.
Many don't look at it the same as narcotics and other drugs.

If you'rea douche, terrible soldier, and problems... I could see your comrades snitching.
Edit: no longer blood test- c. All requests for steroid testing must be coordinated with ACSAP and the Ft. Meade FTDTL. Once approved, the
commander must send a memorandum requesting the test with one DD Form 2624 for one to 12 specimens submitted.
All specimens must contain at least 60 ml of urine. If a specimen is submitted for steroid testing, no other testing will
be performed on the specimen

Lethal_threat_Labs
03-02-2019, 05:08 AM
Steroids? : USMC (https://www.reddit.com/r/USMC/comments/6q3k6a/steroids/). There you go champ

Lethal_threat_Labs
03-02-2019, 05:10 AM
[Rise in soldiers testing positive for steroid use
- BBC Newsbeat (http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/27879888/rise-in-soldiers-testing-positive-for-steroid-use)

Marine colonel pleads guilty to misconduct, possessing steroids at court-martial - U.S. - Stripes (https://www.stripes.com/news/us/marine-colonel-pleads-guilty-to-misconduct-possessing-steroids-at-court-martial-1.412089)

QUOTE=thekaratekid;930075]Sure. Send it AUSSIE! [emoji109] [emoji3]

Sent from my LM-X210CM using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Lethal_threat_Labs
03-02-2019, 08:18 AM
This one is most important it tells of the military’s testing program

https://phc.amedd.army.mil/topics/healthyliving/asm/Pages/SteroidAbuse.aspx

Lethal_threat_Labs
03-02-2019, 08:19 AM
This is the information on the USA military steroid testing program

Anabolic Steroids
- Army Public Health Center (https://phc.amedd.army.mil/topics/healthyliving/asm/Pages/SteroidAbuse.aspx)

I was a UPL for my unit US Army. I went through the training for the drug testing. I conducted the sample collection.
To test for AAS, there has to be:
-actual paraphernalia found on your person. That being gear and needles.
You can't test for AAS because they are jacked, and people believe they are on AAS.
-Self Identifying: why would someone do that?
-Heard by multiple witnesses discussing use, or seen using. This requires sworn statements, and even more to that.
Even if many Commanders knew, they would care less.
Many don't look at it the same as narcotics and other drugs.

If you'rea douche, terrible soldier, and problems... I could see your comrades snitching.
It's also a blood test, and expensive for the testing.

Plate Smacker
03-02-2019, 04:26 PM
So what I see is:
- a bro story on Reddit
-BBC article he said she said, anonymous soldiers, and claiming there is a rise without linking to where they are getting their data...
-A Marine Colonel that was under previous investigations for many things, so in the spotlight, trying to hammer him with as much as possible, who happened to be on steroids
-links showing info on steroid abuse and that the military tests for them.

If you are in the US Armed Forces
They are not randomly testing for AAS.
The urinalysis is testing for other drugs, not steroids.
It is a specific test that must be requested.
Requesting it requires guidelines be met.
You can't test "because he looks like he does steroids".

If you are in the US Military:
Never discuss AAS use. Don't get involved in conversation about it. Always claim natty. If someone asks, claim natty. Don't get caught with the drug.

There is alot more to it. Anyone can view the Army Regulation. AR 600-85. Chapter 7 covers identification, referral, and evaluation.
They no longer do blood test version:
Chapter 11 Drug Testing Laboratory Operations- Special Tests
c. All requests for steroid testing must be coordinated with ACSAP and the Ft. Meade FTDTL. Once approved, the
commander must send a memorandum requesting the test with one DD Form 2624 for one to 12 specimens submitted.
All specimens must contain at least 60 ml of urine. If a specimen is submitted for steroid testing, no other testing will
be performed on the specimen"

Special considerations must be met regarding Legal and Administrative Procedures

Cape
03-02-2019, 05:19 PM
I appreciate all the responses I love this site

I am non militiary but I bet others will find this useful as well

Enigma
03-02-2019, 06:31 PM
Plate smacker nailed it in both posts. My experience covers over 27 years with plenty of accusations.
Plenty of threats but mostly insinuations that they would test. Had gear and syringes sent to me on deployment.

I also had had a long conversation with a SgtMajor of the USMC about his Marines juicing in Al Asad/Fallujah. He preferred it to them getting in trouble during downtime because they were focused on the gym. Also, the added aggression didn’t exactly hurt a combat Marine.

thekaratekid
04-05-2019, 04:25 AM
Well th completely bullshit I’ve got mates in the USA military that get tested and in Australia we get tested only if you are suspected of using gear I’ll post links if you want of 3 marine’s that lost their jobs over ASS.Hey my Aussie friend I was just answering a very basic question with the appropriate answer. A lot of guys on this forum take things out of context and then just start posting up all kinds of bs. Look, I was not REALLY saying that they do not EVER test for aas in the military I'm sure they do WHEN and IF it's needed. All I was trying to say was that for a PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREEN they do not. Make sense? No pun intended

Biggaintime
04-05-2019, 12:52 PM
NO
BUT I UNDERSTAND THE FEAR

Judgmentalist
04-05-2019, 03:47 PM
Most employers do the minimum required 5 panel drug test. These typically test for THC, Opiates, PCP, Cocaine and Amphetamines.

thekaratekid
04-05-2019, 03:52 PM
Most employers do the minimum required 5 panel drug test. These typically test for THC, Opiates, PCP, Cocaine and Amphetamines.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThey also test for Benzo's and even Barbiturates.

thekaratekid
04-05-2019, 03:53 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAlthough Barbiturates are hardly prescribed anymore they still test for them. Just fyi